Fury V Wilder 3

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Heisenberg, Feb 23, 2020.

1. rski

rski Well-Known Member Full Member

May 12, 2013
    yeah there is just no way wilder is winning a 3rd fight. This was on a Lewis beat down of Tyson scale. The man was dominated, rendered completely ineffective after a few rounds. Footage clearly shows a man in a world of pain, spirit broken, disturbing in fight photos. There no winning from that. Fury just seemed to know he had the fight won, whatever happened, even wilder landing a few right hands didn’t shake him.

Finkel should be ashamed for immediately pushing the rubber match after this massacre, it’s laughable really. I have the same feeling here as I did when Mike Tyson was talking about a rematch with Lewis, no way did I want to see it, the fight told us all we needed to know. They need to move on and not drag this saga out onto a further more disturbing chapter.

2. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Wilder handlers have never had the fighters interests at heart. His entire career he has been manipulated.

It's no surprise that Finkel is going to push the rematch, he probably needs to recoup some of the lost $120million they turned down with DAZN to save face.

Haymon & Co are the cancer of the sport.

rski likes this.
  3. rski

rski Well-Known Member Full Member

May 12, 2013
    stuff like this shows you how ugly the sport can be. A man gets beaten to a pulp in a one sided fight, and they want to send him out again for an immediate rematch . Shameful.

4. ButeTheBeast

ButeTheBeast Well-Known Member Full Member

May 27, 2012
    Why do people keep talking about Wilder's $120 million DAZN offer?

That offer didn't exist because of Joshua's loss to Ruiz. The offer was conditional on two Anthony Joshua fights.

He would be in a worse position if he took the deal...

Dragon Punch likes this.
  5. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    It's the epitome of cashing out but sadly, a fighters well being is at stake. Nevertheless, Wilder had a good think about it for a few days, got the excuses together and he's playing the tune. He's happy to cash out as well. Although I think this is an instance where a fighter needs to be protected. Wilder has earned enough money to live several good lifetimes.

rski likes this.
  6. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Agree. Joshua might want to fight Wilder now that Fury beat him and showed his vulnerabilities, like he did with Klitschko when he was in semi retirement and had the invincible factor taking away.

7. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    Bryant Jennings was not a bum and no where Molina or Braezeke when Joshus fought them. Dont get me wrong I dont think Wilders overall cv us the best but most fans would say consistently over the last 5 years the best heavyweights have been Fury Joshua Wilder and Ortiz. Well Wilder has been in the ring twice with Ortiz and twice with Fury, whilst the only one on that list Joshua's been in a ring with is himself.

8. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    Exactly how I see it mate.

9. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    David Haye must be pleased to have had the most embarrassing excuse for a loss in heavyweight history title taken from him :lol:

He also claimed Fury didn’t hurt him...

Dude is clearly going to be concussed. His team shouldn’t be letting him near a microphone. I get it though, it’s hard to admit you’re not good enough and you’ll be looking for excuses for your own piece of mind. I think that’s human nature...on the inside AJ would’ve felt similarly about his loss, he just had the sense to give Ruiz his dues and say little else.

TBC-ASAP and Twentyman like this.
  10. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Not exactly like he's been fighting for free either...

11. Windrunner07

Windrunner07 Active Member Full Member

Jun 14, 2015
    Molina and Breazeal are bums, Dauphaus, Washington, Arreoloa, Stiverne are the easiest title fights u can get. He’s beat Ortiz twice but he’s 60 years old and nearly beat Wilder.

12. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    Lol. Stiverne was a very good fighter when Wildr beat him to win world title in first place.

13. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Puddings mate, absolute Puddings the lot of them.

14. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Serious question to put in perspective Wilders boxing ability. In his 4 fights with Ortiz and Fury (universally recognised as his 2 best opponents) how many rounds did Wilder actually win?

In 19 rounds with Fury? I scored him just 3 rounds and in 17 with Ortiz I only gave him 5. His only attribute is literally his devastating punch power.

EJC83 likes this.
  15. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Absolutely no need for a 3rd fight, his best chance was in the first. Wilder has shown that he can be outboxed and also stopped, exactly the same would happen again if he entered the ring with Fury, even if he entered it in a linen suit.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    Smudge_ and Jurgen like this.