Fury vs AJ who wins? Poll

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Plaza, Nov 1, 2017.

Who wins Fury or AJ

1. Tyson Fury

64.0%
  2. AJ

36.0%
  1. BoxingABC1

BoxingABC1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2016
    Pre-Breakdown: Fury wins 9 times out of 10

Now: I think the smart money would be on AJ

Howitzer1888 likes this.
  2. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
  3. Golden_Child

Golden_Child Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 26, 2014
    The very vest Tyson Fury wins this for me but i cant see us ever seeing that Tyson again, the fight will be worth so much money to him that he will risk not being as good when he comes back for the payday which is a shame.

4. Golden_Child

Golden_Child Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 26, 2014
    The very vest Tyson Fury wins this for me but i cant see us ever seeing that Tyson again, the fight will be worth so much money to him that he will risk not being as good when he comes back for the payday which is a shame.

5. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    It's a great match-up.

I always thought that a very athletic boxer the same size as Tyson, with zero fear and big power, would be his worst nightmare. Thats what AJ is.

But Fury has so much more skill & smarts in the ring than AJ it's absurd. And he's enormous, young AND has power. That's what will cause AJ problems.

If Tyson is within 85% of what he was against Wlad, he will stand AJ on his head. If not, AJ KO's him.

If Cunningham can floor Tyson hard, AJ can sleep him. But if Whyte can wobble AJ...

Great fight.

Plaza, Hugo98 and Howitzer1888 like this.
  6. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Aj would win against any version of fury. He doesn't have anything to keep him off with. Klitchko got outmaneuvered. He was an ageing boxer who had to keep in mind his stamina wasn' t what it was so had to be economical. His next problem was he couldn't,t get off against fury. His options we,re limited and he choked as well as having basically an inept cornerman who didn' really know what to do.

Just a bad style match up for wlad at the wrong time...who for once didn't have the usual height/reach advantage over his opponent. Not taking anything away from fury what he achieved was still monumental in beating wlad...but the style was made for him. As is the smaller guys.

Fury controlled the pace and wlad couldn' up it. People talking about Joshua's stamina but I actually think big fury's would go first. Even wlad fury. Joshua would force the matter a lot more than klitchko did. They,d work on cutting the ring off. Joshua too big to avoid...no one has so far.

What we,d get it either similar to Huey v parker or Joshua catching up with him and taking him out eventually.

I think the secret to beating Joshua is pushing him back. On the back foot
    he,ll get you eventually. He fought a bad fight against takam watching it. But think what we don't
    take into consideration is Joshua knew he wasn' t at risk against takam. He could beat him at his own game...which he ended up doing. But he,d fight differently against fury like he fought differently against wlad and martin. Hes actually a bit more than the one dimensional guy people put him down as.

7. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    66% favoring current Fury?

This content is protected

Gneus7 and Plaza like this.
  8. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Drop the Fury of the Wlad fight in the ring with the AJ of Wlad/Takam... for me Tyson Fury wins the fight.

Too awkward, long, fleet footed, smart... Fury UD.

However as of right now with Fury being inactive, AJ is the main man of the division. An absolute powerhouse.

You can't balloon up to 26 stone, be inactive for 2-3 years whilst living like ****, then climb into the ring with AJ and expect to perform like the fighter you were on that night in Germany.

So based on the that and the fight happening next year, you have to say AJ. Unless Fury can some how get himself back to the level he was at... but even if that is possible, it's going to take some time and a good few fights.

Hugo98 and Brixton Bomber like this.
  9. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    I genuinely think fury can get back to near enough the level of the wlad performance. He's still young enough to do it. Also done it many times before albeit less weight. Uncle peter knows how to get guys in shape...but its a closing window for fury. Needs to get into it now before it is too late.

Furys been on something imo and not just cocaine. Hence the reason he surprised the world with klitchko. The improvement on him was nothing short of phenomenal. If your asking me if he can get into the shape required by legal means...probably not. But with help I think he can. Sure I seen him sparring at his current weight...the speeds still there.

I still don' think he,ll beat Joshua. The problem with klitchko is he only had his boxing to fall back on. He was past the stage of turning it into a fight against fury. When the boxing didn' work he was Ill prepared for a real fight. And choked. He came back more prepared for a fight against Joshua but he still relied on his boxing a lot more than fighting. But joshua matched that boxing till he got hurt after putting wlad over.

Joshua can box pretty well when he wants to...and we all know he can fight as well. I don' think fury would totally outbox Joshua anyway in that fight. He's the better boxer...but not by the mythical margin people seem to think.

Joshua's never had a problem hitting anyone. He' s even fighting their fights and still winning. I don't think he,d fight fury's fight in that one tho. He,ll turn it into a high paced fight. Something people struggle to do with fury cause he's very good at controlling the pace. For me tho Joshua's shown he knows how to up that pace. That's when we,ll see how great fury's stamina is.

Hugo98 likes this.
  10. Hugo98

Hugo98 New Member Full Member

Sep 5, 2017
    I can see it potentially going the same way as the Joshua/Klitschko fight in the early stages with Fury outboxing Joshua and Joshua saying f*** it and just rushing Fury like he did at the start of round five against Wlad.

What happens after represents the unknown in this fight. Does Joshua punch himself out? Does he knock Fury out? Does Joshua get caught with something coming in?

No doubt Joshua's stamina and Fury's chin will both be tested.

Just to touch on another point, after seeing a recent interview with Fury on sky sports i'm certain that he's serious about his return this time round. Seems in a much better place mentally and I believe eventually we will see this fight happen.

bbjc likes this.
  11. Plaza

Plaza Member Full Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Look at past fights... Fury beats klit on points... AJ bangs him out... Kevin Johnson took fury 12 in 2012 AJ in his 12th fights Sparks him out in 2nd. That's the same Kevin Johnson who took kubrat pulev 12 round earlier this year, the same Johnson who took Vitali the distance in 2009 as well as chisora a few years later... What we can not dispute is AJs power and hand speed, do not think that Fury can be out the sport and weigh 27 stone and just expect to come back and beat a man like AJ!

lawslaw likes this.
  12. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    I think the best Fury beats the current version of AJ, that said, perhaps we’ll see him box in a different way to what has been shown so far...

Fury won’t be trash talking anyone, have you heard him talk lately? Seems to have had his larynx removed...

13. Camaris

Camaris Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    I felt Wlad had a terrible night against Fury, and the 41 yr old Wlad who lost to AJ was actually far better on the night.

Before Fury fought Klitchko (a supposed routine Klitchko defence) he was fighting Hammer, and Chisora 2, and Steve Cunningham and so on. He's turned into a latter day Ali on forums, but I remember most here thought he was bang average. Is there a single real win of note except for the obvious one?

Like others, not sure a giant can easily come back from a bout of obesity to get 12 round fit any time soon.

lawslaw likes this.
  14. lawslaw

lawslaw Active Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Any version of TF gets battered to a pulp by AJ. AJ walks him down and savagely KO's him inside 3. This is a total mismatch.

15. Gneus7

Gneus7 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 29, 2007
    Joshua knocks him out. Fury has the convenient excuse of having been inactive and gotten out of shape. Starting to think Fury purposely went binging so he could live off the Wlad win forever and be remembered as "prime Fury beats XYZ" without actually having to prove it.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    lawslaw likes this.