Fury vs AJ who wins? Poll

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Plaza, Nov 1, 2017.

Who wins Fury or AJ

1. Tyson Fury

64.0%
  2. AJ

36.0%
  1. cracked_rib

cracked_rib New Member Full Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Always liked TFury but unless he spends a year living like a hungry fighter with total focus theres no way he beats Aj and definetly no way he beats him in 2018. The man has had mental health issues, taken drugs and is now obese, plus he knows as it stands he can live off his achievements and has nothing to prove so the hungers gone.
    If we say the 2 meet in tip top condition I still have to say AJ by KO but would be great to see TF back and wish the big man all the best

2. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    I picked Fury under the basis of him getting back to his best.. Hopefully he can but I fear he may not..

3. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Fury just needs liposuction and a gastric band to see off Femi. :fighting02:

4. Tankatron

Tankatron Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 1, 2014
    No way on this earth will Fury get back to the TF of the Wlad fight, certainly not by natural means alone. By the time he gets to optimum fighting weight, he'll have been out the game for at least 3 years, much of that time spent abusing his health and body. Then he'll need several warm up fights during which AJ will have fough and likely won several more bouts and continued improving his skills, stamina and conditioning.

A lot is being made of TF's win over Wlad and in all fairness it is one of the stand out wins by a British fighter on foreign turf for many a year but, Wlad was dealing with some pretty major personal issues regarding his wife being very ill mentally post giving birth and was obviously in a bad place regarding his own mental state and fight preparation and likely looked on Fury being another straight forward title defence. AJ on the other hand will be in his prime, likely in the best shape of his career so far, active and brimming with confidence.

If Tyson was to beat AJ it would be for me one if the greatest performances in recent history given where he will have come from and just don't see Fury having the mental fortitude or commitment to pull it off.