Fury vs Joshua talks for September fight

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by KermitTheFrog, May 26, 2023.

1. roeknott

roeknott Seen it all before. Full Member

Jan 4, 2023
    More chance of seeing Tyson Bruno 3.

2. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    More chance of seeing Ali-Norton IV.

nilrem and Beale like this.
  3. Bfcad

Bfcad Active Member Full Member

Dec 10, 2022
    I never thought I would say this a year ago......I'm bored of both of them! Completely bored

I'm hoping this happens and they both retire after, its time for a change now. As always in boxing, although this fight will still be huge, they have left it too late to make this, its peak time would of been a couple of years ago. Since then Joshua's decline and limitations are clear for all to see and Furys antics out of the ring have just become plain boring, I think most people have switched off to him now. The popularity of both has dropped from its peak and I really wonder what motivation is left from either of them to put themselves through many more vigorous, tough camps as they are both becoming so inactive. This has got a 'cash out' feel for both of them written all over it.

They have both had fantastic careers and can leave the sport with big bank balances, title wins and there heads held high. But please if your going to make this fight,do and it quick and without fuss. We all just want fights, not he said this,he said that. Get it done, then retire.

DJN16, Holler, Potwash and 8 others like this.
  4. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    AJ vs Whyte 2 incoming.

Beale likes this.
  5. Beale

Beale Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 13, 2023
    So disinterested in this fight.

MAD_PIGE0N, Potwash and zulander like this.
  6. ALN93

ALN93 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

May 12, 2023
    Gun Shy Joshua vs Shot To Pieces Whyte, live on DAZN PPV for subscription plus extra fee. ‘This time it’s personal Koogz’.

The time to make that fight was early 2019 when Whyte had put together a few wins and Joshua needed an opponent when it looked like Fury and Wilder were having an immediate rematch.

7. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    This content is protected

Great news.

8. ElPantera

ElPantera Member Full Member

Mar 27, 2021
    It's beyond boring now.

I remember I used to get so excited about Brook/Khan talks when the fight really made sense and both were in their prime. It was, for a time, the only fight I wanted to see. You could park all the others for me, that was it. Then when it finally happened I was so deflated by it, I'd spent years in the hype of that fight and what it could have been to be served up two shot fighters on a cash out.

This fight has a similar energy to it now. It will im sure happen at some point but it won't be anything to write home about.

DJN16, Potwash, Holler and 1 other person like this.
  9. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    AJ gets 2 big fights and no one messi g him around. He gets paid far more for the Wilder fight than the Fury fight. Fury has a history over the last 3 years of dicking everyone about and has no where to now go after the zhang fight. He may actually take the mcKean fight in Oz and means he now has to look at fight Usyk in Saudi again. The Saudis are serious people and AJ is still a commercial draw so he has options. Fury has a belt but there’s a reason Bob and Frank want no part of tickover fights as they have been leaking money on him

Holler and DramaShow like this.
  10. BVA

BVA member banned Full Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Fury is a great fighter.

But outside of the ring it's all been a big joke this year

First he was gonna fight Usyk then Ngannou then Joyce... Zhang.... Ruiz.... Mckean... Opetaia.... Joshua

Just get a deal done and fight someone ffs.

Holler likes this.
  11. unfriendlyorchid

unfriendlyorchid Probably moaning about Sky Sports Full Member

Jul 20, 2021
    Frank Warren popped up on Talksport earlier - first time we've heard from him in a while.

Seemed to me that he wasn't trying to convince the public - he was trying to convince Fury that he and Queensberry had tried to make the Joshua fight happen.

Fury's made various posts claiming he wants to tear his promotional contracts up. Frank was wheeled out as a pre-emptive strike, to try and prevent the inevitable hissy fit.

This content is protected

It's a shame to see the direction Fury is going in. I don't especially care if he's a "fighting man" or a man only in it for the money - but I do care if he tries to be both. In the ring I couldn't respect him more; out of the ring I'm somewhere between wanting to ignore him / feeling sorry for him.

SeanB1 and nilrem like this.
  12. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Not surprised AJ has gone in this direction.

They're already very clearly way down the road in terms of organising an August fight followed up with the Wilder fight in Saudi for big money. He's not going to chuck all the time spent in setting this up with the type of money on the line for an "if, but and maybe" with Fury for September.

tee_birch likes this.
  13. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    I agree here. Too many ifs and buts with a potential Fury fight.

I think AJ would have more success vs Fury than he would with Wilder though so maybe they should have focused on that in UAE for Q4 as getting ironed out by Wilder damages the brand more than a late stoppage / UD loss to Fury

14. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Who can blame AJ, Fury just is not worth the effort involved

DJN16 and ElPantera like this.
  15. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Summed up exactly how I feel about it.

Brixton Bomber, SeanB1 and Bfcad like this.