Fury vs Schwarz

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Twentyman, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I don’t know much about the lad...6”5, unbeaten German, ranked 3rd with the WBO who’s not beaten anyone of any real note. A step up from his first 2 comeback opponents but a huge drop down from Wilder.

The way I see it is that the 12th round knockdown was a massive realisation that he wasn’t quite ready. It makes sense to sharpen your tools on a lesser opponent rather than hopping straight back in. Rubbish for fans though. I’m more excited by Usyk v Takam.

2. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Career highlight seems to be the DQ against new Matchroom favourite Senad Gashi. Interesting they went for a taller fighter and not Rivas it seems Fury struggles a bit more with shorter opponents.

3. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Absolute rubbish fight. At least the fight against the midget Seferi had comedy value. This will just be a dull UD against a guy with no skills or experience to trouble Fury.

wassupjg, KermitTheFrog and 305th like this.
  4. NasalSpray

NasalSpray Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2018
    More likely they want him prepared for AJuice and Wilder who are taller fighters

Tyson Furry and Accurate like this.
  5. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    This content is protected

pow likes this.
  6. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    This is clearly been made for Fury to get a rare K.O win on ESPN debut.

305th likes this.
  7. dellboi94

dellboi94 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 3, 2013
    He's a guy made to order, slow, basic no real power and all in all not great. Fury should box rings around him and stop him/make him quit.

8. Tyson Furry

Tyson Furry Member Full Member

Nov 27, 2017
    The way he dismantled Chisora(2) - is day he’s
    Good point & the way he dismantled Chisora(2) - I’d say he’s pretty confortable against the smaller heavyweight.

9. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    It's disappointing for sure. They're saying it'll make him mandatory for AJ's WBO belt but that doesn't make the fight any more competetive.

Agreed it's also to make him look good in American debut. Has to get the stoppage here for me. The only real positive is it's another camp and another chance to sharpen the tools.

305th, Twentyman and zulander like this.
  10. cfckieran

cfckieran Member Full Member

Jul 6, 2016
    What's the Mando purse split normally for the WBO ? Can't see Fury fighting AJ on Mando money when he wasn't willing to fight him for better money as a voluntary. Personally I'd love to see Fury fight Usyk.

11. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Hopefully this isn't true. I remember seeing Schwarz mentioned as the possible opponent before the comeback fight went to Seferi which probably gives an indication.

But what a truly pathetic turn of events if it's true. Two months ago this place was buzzing with talk of Tyson being a new superstar in America, that his next fight (the Wilder rematch) would break a million buys in America or, if it was here, sell out Old Trafford. And we get this mismatch which makes Joshua Miller seem like Ali Frazier. So much for cashing in on his new-found popularity. This will stink.

12. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Maybe it was Rivas power then as Fury obviously has a shaky chin.

13. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Honestly where do the WBO find these people?!

He’s not going to mandatory for AJ any time soon with Whyte sitting in #1 and Usyk able to leap frog at any opportunity.

im sparticus likes this.
  14. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    This year really is strange for the Heavyweight scene, all the top guys are in fights none of us fans asked for

Momus, ipitythefool, 305th and 2 others like this.
  15. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    At least Wilder and Joshua are in fights you can understand to some extent. This guy is a total nobody.

If Fury was fighting Breazeale or Miller I think most would suggest if a fight against Wilder or Joshua couldn't happen that it made sense. This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.