Fury vs Schwarz

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Twentyman, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Davepompeydave

Davepompeydave As bad as can Full Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Wasn't his American debut against super Steve Cunningham?

Scissors and pow like this.
  2. Davepompeydave

Sep 10, 2018
    AJ isn't still finding his best shape after nearly 3years on the drugs and booze. AJ is still fighting miller which lets face it if sky hadn't been subliminally promoting himthe last 2 years would be a massive step back from povetkin.

3. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Let's not ignore Fury, Whyte and Wilder were all offered the AJ fight. They all refused.

AJ has to fight someone.

Gatekeeper, S.K, Pez and 2 others like this.
  4. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Makes sense if his last fight was Pianeta.

Last I heard nobody who knew anything about boxing thought he did anything other than completely school Wilder? Why does the guy who completely schooled Wilder need pointless tune ups?

mcvey likes this.
  5. BiggieL

BiggieL Active Member Full Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Fury just confirmed on BT that he’s fighting Schwarz

6. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Absolutely mate. I mean in his new promotional setup stateside.

Davepompeydave likes this.
  7. Tankatron

Tankatron Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Holy cow Batman!!!!! I can't beleive I'm saying this but, I actually agree with you 100%

S.K likes this.
  8. Davepompeydave

Sep 10, 2018
    He schooled wilder, for sure. Still got knocked down twice which I'm sure wasn't part of the game plan. Let's not forget everyone and his dog was saying wilder was gunna destroy fury. That he needed years to get back to his best, can you digest that fury schooled wilder, whilst not at his best? Outside of the top 4 any fight can be considered ****. Let's not act like miller was the best option. He didn't try hard enough to get the other fights

9. TonyHayers

Nov 1, 2018
    Again there's a lot of revisionism here. The threads are still on here; go back and read them. Before the fight loads of people were saying Tyson would win if he was anything like being close to his best. Yes it was an intriguing fight but that was based on not necessarily knowing what condition he'd be in. So I'm afraid I think you're absolutely wrong to say every man and his dog said Wilder would destroy him. From memory the bookies had it pretty much a coin toss.

For what it's worth I thought Wilder would win on points as Fury would be too inactive and try to nick rounds rather than stamp his authority on them. Didn't quite happen but for a guy who 'hates' Fury even I thought he'd do far better than get destroyed.

Ultimately a great many on here thought Tyson would win or at least be very competitive. Which is why it's such a shame to see him drop to this level against a guy who really isn't close to being top 20.

10. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Current Ring Top Ten
    1.Joshua
    2.Fury
    3.Wilder
    4.Whyte
    5.Ortiz
    6.Povetkin
    7.Parker
    8.Miller
    9.Kownacki
    10.Pulev
    Joshua has beaten the
    No4
    No 6
    no 7
    Is fighting the No8.
    Offered a fight to the no 10.
    Neither the No 2 or 3 was available.
    Beat up Wilder's next challenger in his 17th fight.
    So WTF is the problem?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  11. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    I can see no possible justification for this match up.It's a blatant ****-take.

12. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Disappointed by this, and I'm a big Fury fan. He shouldn't really be fighting anyone other than Wilder or Joshua. I appreciate there's lots of politics, so would've also been satisfied with a good top 10 guy.. Whyte, Parker, Ortiz etc.

I believe Fury does want to fight the best, but it's not him calling the shots now after that deal he's signed. I also think he needs to check his ego a bit. Without wanting to get into the business side (and without knowing all the contractual ins and outs), if it really was an offer of 60/40 with Joshua - that's very good and he should've gone for it in my opinion.

I understand why, commercially, the broadcasters want to 'build' up to fights - but I think the time is right now for the best to fight eachother. Such a shame that yet again politics and greed looks like it's ruining it for the fans.

13. TonyHayers

Nov 1, 2018
    After the Wilder fight absolutely loads on here were saying Fury has cracked it, the meme of him rising in the twelfth had gone viral, he was a superstar blah blah blah.

Why does he need a build up against a guy nobody has ever heard of?

I think it's time for some honesty here. Nobody believes Fury is signed up with Top Rank because Bob Arum has sat down with his advisors and said 'you know what I need? A light hitting, fat, non-American, safety-first heavyweight who doesn't hold a world title, and I need him so much we need to pay him absolute top dollar, and when we get him, we're going to get him to fight guys unknown outside their own house, and this will make us all millions.'

He's been signed up because the TV companies recognise that at some point there will likely be heavyweight fights involving Joshua and they are likely to earn big money for all concerned, and if you don't have a ticket you don't win any part of the lottery.

Tankatron and mcvey like this.
  14. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Tony, you do make some sense in your posts regarding Fury/heavyweight scene and in particular this post. I don’t agree with all of it but I can understand your points. Others have also made similar points such as @Sephiroth Rising 7 but the difference is, they make their point once...possibly twice max on a thread. You on the other hand can post in the double figures on a thread involving Fury and the substance is just the same, only rehashed. You admit to hating Fury, but you’re obsessive with it. It’s not healthy mate.

Mr Icaman, Hattonmad, dryzer and 2 others like this.
  15. Davepompeydave

Sep 10, 2018
    Key word is IF Fury was back to his best he would win. He wasn't back to his best, got knocked down twice by someone you could not call his best ever opponent. Robbery or not, fury that beat Klitcho likely wouldn't have been knocked down by wilder. All 3 are too blame but I can see from all 3s point of view. Matter of the fact is all 3 are in fights they are expected to win. Schwartz would be as good a fight as miller had he been promoted for the last 2 years in the UK like miller has.

Twentyman likes this.