Fury vs Usyk - Video Preview & Prediction (POLL added)

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Rumsfeld, Mar 13, 2023.

Who do you think will win?

Poll closed Apr 28, 2023.
  1. Tyson Fury (Decision)

38.3%
  2. Tyson Fury (Stoppage)

14.9%
  3. DRAW

4.3%
  4. Oleksandr Usyk (Decision)

31.9%
  5. Oleksandr Usyk (Stoppage)

4.3%
  6. Undecided/Not Sure

6.4%
  1. Shay Sonya

Shay Sonya The REAL Wonder Woman! Full Member

Aug 15, 2021
    I always enjoy Rummy's videos, and I am certainly looking forward to this fight! Along with Rummy and some others, I am expecting Tyson Fury to win this, and it should be a great fight. Both are great Heavyweights, but I like Tyson Fury's deeper resume at the Heavyweight level.

2. roeknott

roeknott Seen it all before. Full Member

Jan 4, 2023
    For what its worth, on paper this should be a Fury win, but as someone rightly pointed out, a good big one against a smaller better one.
    Folk seem to forget or overlook Usyk, he has been fighting bigger men than himself for most of his career, and the thought of facing a fading Fury (and he is) does not phase him in the slightest.
    TF despite his wins over Wilder whilst great is looking more and more at the end of the road by the day, forget all his ramblings he knows he is up against it, he isn't fooling anyone with his shennanigans only himself.
    I could be wrong but i can honestly say that i see nothing more than a Usyk masterclass outpointing him to a MD.

Rumsfeld and Pugguy like this.
  3. JohnThomas1

JohnThomas1 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm leaning toward Fury by decision. I'm sticking with the simple top big man beats top little man here (i'd typed this prior to watching the video) because i don't think there's any great style advantage going on. I think Fury will be patient and let Usyk come to him mostly and i think he controls the majority of the fight. If Fury does indeed have the lead going into the second half and later stages i am very keen to see what change ups Usyk employs when trying to up the tempo.

surfinghb and Rumsfeld like this.
  4. Rumsfeld

Rumsfeld Moderator Staff Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I don't see why not.

Were you looking to start one? Or were you suggesting I edit this post to include a poll? :lol:

Pugguy and JohnThomas1 like this.
  5. Rumsfeld

Jul 19, 2004
    Very well put.

Pugguy and Greg Price99 like this.
  6. Rumsfeld

Jul 19, 2004
    Fair take, but I respectfully disagree with that last part. I think Fury knows exactly how talented Usyk is, and as such, I believe we will see the "best" version of Fury. Maybe not his peak performance, but I think we'll see the best possible variation he can still muster today.

If my take is wrong, however, and Fury is indeed thinking he will have an easy night, then yeah - I more or less agree with you. That would surprise me, though. Whether the best possible version of Fury today has enough to beat Usyk is a different matter, but I'd be surprised if Fury doesn't know what he's up against, and I'm expecting him to be as sharp, focused, and prepared as we've ever seen him.

7. surfinghb

surfinghb Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 26, 2017
    Lets get to the biggest fight here in 40 years, which I am so excited for the sport .. I mean this sport needs this fight .. After watching so many fighters in the same division, holding different belts to stay undefeated... its unbearable .. why did Crawford never get in the ring with the top best 2 spence and Thurman for years ... I mean now we have Fury who has taken care of Wilder a few times and would have fought AJ ,, but I think AJ thought he was a little more all that than what he was worth ... and we saw that as he turned his back on Ortiz and quit after the ref gave him 20 seconds to recover ... ALL that is out the window,,, JT this is the biggest fight since SRL Hearns 1 and SRL Hagler ... I cant think of a bigger fight ,, except the Mayweatehr Pac fight in 2010 that didnt happen ...... I want Usyk to win ,, but this is going to be a what?
    Fury -260
    Usyk +200

type of deal??

Pugguy and JohnThomas1 like this.
  8. Pugguy

Pugguy Ingo, The Thinking Man’s GOAT Full Member

Aug 22, 2021
    I didn't want to steal your thunder Rum and, with the poll located here, it's a one stop shop - plus I'm a lazy SOB. And see, you've done it already, so you were the right man for the job. :clapclap:

Rumsfeld likes this.
  9. JohnThomas1

Apr 27, 2005
    Fury is favorite for sure in the betting. I don't understand some odds setups but via the old odds in my mags i'd make Fury 8-5 fave personally. I think 2-1 would be too much in such a fight. 7-5 would be fair too if a fan of Usyk.

But yes mate great matchup and one of the most interesting fights for a long long time.....and a BIG one. Very excited for it mate.

he grant, Greg Price99 and Pugguy like this.
  10. Pugguy

Pugguy Ingo, The Thinking Man’s GOAT Full Member

Aug 22, 2021
    I've posted my vote, with a gun to my head, I might've selected Fury, but since there is no gun being pointed at me, I say - Oleksandr Usyk by Decision **

** Subject to Jay Nady or similarly disposed "there'll be no up close and personal engagement " ref in charge. :lol:

There's enough for Usyk to worry about without also having to contend with that big galoot (jk) mauling and lying all over him LET ALONE Fury being allowed within sufficient proximity to try to lick/suck Oleksandr's blood if the Ukranian begins to leak. :D

11. he grant

he grant Historian/Film Maker Full Member

Jul 15, 2008
    He's sure not giving himself a lot of time to get in top condition ... he's fat as a horse and has only seven weeks or so ...

Look, Fury has a ton of advantages , should be the favorite he is and is an anomaly of sorts but when was the last time he fought anyone faster than him ? Wilder throws 12 or 15 punches a round, Whyte's only skill is his own big mouth for self promotion, Chisora is slow as molasses, Klitschko could not pull the trigger ...I don't know if ever but certainly not for the last eight years .. Fury is going to have to get very physical because he will get hit a lot from a lot of angles and will not be able to keep his own punch output up, no way ... kind of fight him like he fought Wallin when he got badly cut .. unless he lands the fluke monster shot and flattens Usyk, a long shot but never off the table, it will be a duration bout

I personally think Usyk is a very special fighter. Tremendous skills, dedication, motivation ... the ref and what he allows will be very, very important in this bout because if Fury has to fight and not maul Usyk will beat him.

NOTE: Many, many thanks to the moderator here for allowing a very rare Classic discussion about an upcoming big fight .... I can't speak for all here but I never frequent the General Forum and it's good here to have our own debates for a number of reasons.

Pugguy and Greg Price99 like this.
  12. JohnThomas1

Apr 27, 2005
    The thread starter being a moderator certainly helped.

But i agree, it's great to have such a discussion in our own area.

Pugguy and he grant like this.
  13. johnmaff36

johnmaff36 Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 5, 2009
    a fit and focused Fury wins a UD. No big longwinded post to add. i love usyk and think hes great but this is how its gonna play out. Too big, too talented boxing -wise. Size is pretty much the main element here although ive been loathe to use that in the past

Greg Price99 likes this.
  14. Mod-Mania

Mod-Mania Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 12, 2012
  15. janitor

janitor VIP Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2006
    I knew that Joshua was in trouble, just from Usky's disposition.

He came to the UK with the swagger of a conqueror, which of course he ultimately was.

Now I think that Fury has a fight on his hands.