Fury vs Usyk - Video Preview & Prediction (POLL added)

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Rumsfeld, Mar 13, 2023.

Who do you think will win?

Poll closed Apr 28, 2023.
  1. Tyson Fury (Decision)

38.3%
  2. Tyson Fury (Stoppage)

14.9%
  3. DRAW

4.3%
  4. Oleksandr Usyk (Decision)

31.9%
  5. Oleksandr Usyk (Stoppage)

4.3%
  6. Undecided/Not Sure

6.4%
  1. Pugguy

Pugguy Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 22, 2021
    I hear what you’re trying to say - but if this doesn’t come off - it means he didn’t even go H2H with the best of his own time. I often read of fighters who lost significant H2H matches in their time being incongruently afforded H2H domination in the realm of fantasy.

We can hypothesis til the cows come home but there is a reason why we would like to see fighter actually get in the ring and engage - because until then, we don’t really know for sure.

Say Usyk did beat Fury by wide UD or, less likely, stopped him in the later rounds. Even for the most ardent fans of the Gypsy King - his H2H prospects would have to plummet somewhat.

If he is deliberately sidestepping this fight - I could reason his H2H prospects taking some measure of hit just for that.

Gazelle Punch likes this.
  2. techks

techks ATG list Killah! Full Member

Dec 6, 2009
    I get frustrations but I can't call someone who fought Wlad and Wilder(three times at that) a coward.

Also pissed at Spence/Crawford is still not finalized these two fights not happening bother me greatly but I would never call any of these men cowards. It's easy to do that when we're not in there fighting pro fighters.

swagdelfadeel and Gazelle Punch like this.
  3. JohnThomas1

JohnThomas1 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Time will tell.

I firmly believe this fight will come off before they are done. If it somehow doesn't happen this year it will in 2024.......unless there is an upset prior......if they fight again before fighting each other.

There's my fearless forecast.

Pugguy likes this.
  4. Gazelle Punch

Gazelle Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 15, 2018
    Wilder from a boxing perspective was the least skilled guy I’ve seen in decades at this level. I can c y he was picked. At this point I think he’s just trying to secure a legacy but his legacy sucks. Missed AJ, Povetkin, Andy Ruiz, Usyk. The four best fighters of the last decade. Guys all talk and avoided the best since he’s been back.
    Coward may b a bit to far but he’s def a grifter at this stage of the game and shouldn’t b taken seriously by any fighter. Wasted months in negotiations

5. surfinghb

surfinghb Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 26, 2017
    Looks like Fury is turning into a ***** like Crawford

Sorry Bukkake but thats just another Nut in your face

6. Pugguy

Aug 22, 2021
    Even if we allow for greater longevity in the modern age, by 2024, Fury will be 35, Usyk 37.

We’re well and truly at, if not beyond, their optimal use by fight date. The time really is NOW.

All the preceding hoopla we’ve endured thus far should’ve meant there was little else to happen except for them to talk up the fight before actually getting in the ring to determine the best of the best.

There’s some big soccer match on Sunday (I don’t follow the game) and there have been suggestions that the fight might be concretely confirmed at the event - taking advantage of the considerable viewing audience available to them.

swagdelfadeel likes this.
  7. swagdelfadeel

swagdelfadeel Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 30, 2014
    :lol: :lol:

Pugguy likes this.
  8. swagdelfadeel

swagdelfadeel Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Regarding Wilder, I agree, but the reverse is also true. I'm very puzzled when people call Wilder a coward, when he practically begged for a rematch with a man who brutally knocked him out and took his zero, and went as far as taking the matter to court.

Entaowed and Pugguy like this.
  9. he grant

he grant Historian/Film Maker Full Member

Jul 15, 2008
    before they are done is BS. Canelo fought GGG before they were done but GGG was old and past it. Now is the time but Fury knows he can’t do it in the same fat slob, lean all over/20 punch a round style and lacks the discipline to get back in real shape. I’m sure he was in shock when Usky called his BS and agreed to 70/30 and knew he’d back out anyway but wasted everyone’s time. I feel Fury is absurdly over rated, a whole career built on one trick pony Wilder and an ancient Klitschko. Joshua has at least had the guts to fight much better opposition like Parker, Ruiz and Usyk.

10. MAD_PIGE0N

MAD_PIGE0N ... banned Full Member

Sep 3, 2022
    Fury will be 36.

Pugguy likes this.
  11. JohnThomas1

JohnThomas1 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2005

Well i'll be happier if they fight this year or next year than if they don't that's for certain. I'm far from convinced this won't come off this year and i wouldn't be surprised if Fury's having a good old troll.

Time will tell.

12. Pugguy

Aug 22, 2021
    That is correct sir - though Fury is yet to turn 35 this year (will do in Aug) so I was putting this fight roughly back a year from now. Usyk himself will turn 37 in the first month of next year. There’s about 19 months between them.

13. MAD_PIGE0N

MAD_PIGE0N ... banned Full Member

Sep 3, 2022
    Fury goes against his body for years. 12 or 19 months - irrelevant, they're young, not in their late 80s.

14. Entaowed

Entaowed Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Fury is jerking us all around, acting unethically, tends to be unhinged...
    But he is certainly not at all a coward.
    There is no indication he is playing games out of fear.

Lack of motivation, thinking he may lose since too soon to get in shape, behavioral problems...
    But not remotely a coward.
    Braver than most.

swagdelfadeel likes this.
  15. Pugguy

Aug 22, 2021
    No, they’re not young. They only stand to deteriorate following their current physical plateau.

I cited the age difference. I didn’t comment necessarily on whether it figures or not - but in all possibility it can. Usyk has put his body through a lot contesting in the higher weight division.

Floyd and Manny were 38 and 36 respectively when they finally met - they were clearly not the same fighters they were in 2010 - and it wasn’t the fight it could’ve/should’ve been 5 years after it’s optimal use by fight date.

Due to styles and propensity to fight the best in the interim, that delay suited Mayweather down to the ground.

I guess there are some who are happy to wait at least until 2067 - when Usyk will still only be a sprite, 80 year old.

Meet George Jetson..….

Fergy likes this.