Fury Vs Vitali

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Austinboxing, Aug 2, 2022.

1. Entaowed

Entaowed Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Dec 16, 2012
    You should be respectful regardless of disagreements, that is the problem here.
    You are making a basic error in suggesting that it is irrelevant to look at the actual performances, which you cited as a reason why Vitali would lose.
    If you do not agree with the analyses, dissect it.
    But it is a category error to cry "straw man"-I directly addressed the subject at hand, I did not put any argument in your mouth, instead cited the evidence you did-I need not approach it from your exact angle.

I also did not ignore the performance.
    I did not have time to watch an hour long fight yet.
    Also why would you assume I only looked it up on boxrec? I cited another source with far more opinions offered than the 3 referees involved-& you ignored that everyone gave Vitali every single round-& a single official judge ruled one round a tie.

This content is protected

In an official debate this & your other errors would decimate your case.
    In part it is inattention to detail-I am assuming you are not paying attention instead of lying.
    I mean that I keep telling you both that I gave you indications he was in large part a swarmer, why...
    And that I do not see posts enumerated by number, & keep asking you to copy & paste what you want me to consider.

This also renders illogical the assumption that I know or agree with you that he was not a swarmer.
    You started off early in the discussion making reasonable arguments-but have devolved in both rationality & Good Will-for no reasonable cause-since then.

Yet another indication is ignoring me asking-every time-about the extreme opinion that Fury would definitely smoke Vitali.
    I would be fine

Just fuhgettibout it.
    You will likely never answer my questions, or even show me what I keep asking you are asking me about.
    Just note for any future interactions that this is not the way to go about a civil, productive exchange.

2. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    You haven't asked me a single question , nor have you answered one. You've been ranting and raving a bunch of gibberish for days. . You simply can't hold a debate , that is a fact.
    Again , wheres the rebuttal to post 63? It was you who asked me for that evidence. I politely presented it. You looked at it and have since ran away from it like a squirrel up a tree. With respect , you are a debate coward.

3. Entaowed

Dec 16, 2012
    Dude, ask *anyone* who might follow this debate-or the man who gave up on you & said you were simply not rational.
    You pay no attention to anything I say, & I am very detailed & conscientious about answering everything you ask.

You cannot not even read-or pay any attention-to a bunch of facts & arguments-including responding to your arguments-& without any cause label it nonsense, gibberish-you are completely irrational here.

The single thing I could not answer you completely on is because you keep avoiding-or more charitably do not even NOTICE-that I endlessly tell you I do not see posts enumerated, so anything else you might have asked in "post #63": cut & paste the question so I can see it.

Because of your issue with patience & Good Will you insult me that I am a coward: when I am fair enough to analyze & see that *likely* the reason you do not answer
    points is not cowardice, but temperamental issues & a lack of tolerance to read, comprehend, ask questions if you do not understand...

Again ask anyone if you want to hold yourself accountable & live in Reality.
    You burn bridges for no reason; about petty issues where your Ego is caught up in over-identification or hero-worship with a fighter.

4. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    I've been trying hard to get you to stay on topic but you're just hopeless. All those words typed up and none of it related to the discussion. You just can't debate boxing

5. Entaowed

Dec 16, 2012
    Totally Untrue.
    All can see me offering & responding to many points.
    I even keep showing you what
    continually miss or ignore-& you lack the Good Will & attention span to reply.

It is completely ON topic to critique conduct that prevents debate, is dysfunctional, & is abusive & bad for the health of this forum.
    I have debated amicably with numerous posters forever-here for a decade.

Sorry you are unable to take responsibility for not being decent or paying attention.
    Ask others; you are living in a Dream World.

6. ShortRound

ShortRound Active Member banned Full Member

Jun 6, 2022
    I agree with pretty much all of that but I don't think Wlad was a sh*thouse in the sense that he lacked heart in the ring. He did want the deck stacked in his favour to an extreme degree, though he was dropped something like 15 times but never quit and he showed a great amount of fortitude against Peter the first time considering the circumstances, also against Joshua in his last fight.

People also falsely assume that 27 year old Fury was in his "prime" (a debatable concept) against Wlad, and that Wlad's home and A-side advantage was irrelevant. Heavyweight boxers (especially giants) tend to hit their "primes" in their 30's these days, often around their mid 30's and experience is hugely important, in terms of fighting quality opponents with different styles and experience at the top level in world title fights. Fury's best opponents prior to Wlad were Cunningham and Chisora, with no other notable opponents or styles aside from that and it was his world title debut. The 31 year old, 273 lbs Fury who fought Wilder the 2nd time (and had the experience of beating Wlad in Germany, beating Wallin and drawing with Wilder in America) was a more complete version.

Drago and Entaowed like this.
  7. Fergy

Fergy Walking Dead Full Member

Jan 8, 2017
    I lean toward Vitali to get himself a decision. He d definitely rough up Fury and he's the man with the hardest chin in there.