Fury vs Wallin - A side vs B side bias?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Dementia Pugulistica, Sep 15, 2020.

Should the Fury / Wallin fight have been stopped due to the cut?

1. yes

2. no

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    bet you justified mccloskey being stopped with that cut though that tiny graze
    and your boy said it was right it was called off oops
    This content is protected

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  2. Guerra

Guerra Well-Known Member Full Member

May 23, 2020
    I wonder if that area around his eye remains weak to be opened up in future fights.

3. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    If it had been stopped, I don't think there would have been much complaining. But it wasn't and I don't think that's necessarily the wrong decision either. We can perhaps say with the guide of retrospect that Fury was clearly OK to continue fighting. There was some dirty thumbing from Wallin too which makes me less sympathetic to the outcome.

Would it have been stopped if the roles were reversed? I think it's easy to assume yes, and I would probably lean that way myself. It cannot be stated beyond doubt though. The B side getting worse treatment than the A side is nothing new and nor will it ever go away

pacas and Dementia Pugulistica like this.
  4. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    people going on about wallin opening a cut
    like tko 6 did on vitali
    shoe and the other foot and all
    as and when the situation changes

5. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    It's funny that even after Wallin gave Fury some decent work Wilder was still terrified of him...wierd.

6. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Any referee with a bit of common sense and life experience will give a gypsy man more leeway than a non-gypsy in these type of situations because obviously gypsy man is cut (put intended) from a different cloth than mortal man. I can guarantee you that Fury and every man in our breed has suffered far worse cuts than that in the world of bare knuckle.

7. Dementia Pugulistica

Dementia Pugulistica Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    I agree with the logic that Fury represents more danger to Wallin than vice versa, however Fury was the one using his head in the latter part of the fight. He had his head buried in Wallins chest a lot, and he's not the smaller guy, he had to crouch down to get that done.

8. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Of course there was bias.
    But that doesn't mean it should have been stopped.

9. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Can't believe this poll is even. No one's saying they should have stopped it, but if you are saying Wallin gets the same treatment had it been his cut your lying to yourself

10. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Cut from a different cloth as in paper skinned coke heads?

11. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Had the roles been reversed Wallin would have been badly cut, loosing on points and have the potential to take heavy punishment while his vision was impaired. In Fury's case he was badly cut but controlling the fight comfortably and well ahead on the cards. Two different perspectives the ref has to consider here it's not quite as simple as Fighter A and Fighter B.

Dementia Pugulistica likes this.
  12. Dementia Pugulistica

Dementia Pugulistica Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    The results have surprised me, especially when you see the way the brow was flopping around. Maybe not everybody looked at the video? Oh well, differing opinions are the spice of life.