Fury vs...who? Is a ppv on BT Sport

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by bladesman, Aug 25, 2019.

1. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    I remember the first time I cam across Davison was when he ran Saunders' corner against Akavov and arguably gave some poor advice in the corner while Billy was struggling and at risk of losing.

Scissors likes this.
  2. Optimus Grime

Optimus Grime Member Full Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Im sure your right mate but Davison has done a good job (they beat Wilder in most peoples opinion and Fury has looked great against admittedly low opposition), they were unfortunate with the cut tonight.

Twentyman and CutThroatFade like this.
  3. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    That’s it. He’s been fine when Tyson has been on top and everything going his way but as soon as he had a bit of adversity I thought Ben Davison was exposed.

It would be harsh to bin him off completely but I wouldn’t want him as my main corner fight in a major fight.

4. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Whenever he’s discussed the first thing mentioned is his contribution to getting Tyson in shape. That’s fine, but that’s the job of a strength and conditioning coach. You get the impression that once the fight is underway Tyson is, to a greater or lesser extent, on his own.

im sparticus likes this.
  5. notjustacasual

notjustacasual Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jun 3, 2019
    100% they said he done a blinder in the corner against wilder but i could do as good a job if you swapped me for him

"Awite tyson watch out for the right hand, just touch him with the jab right hand dont get greedy mate awite"

Trainer of the year material, me

6. Work the body

Work the body Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 5, 2015
    He needs to get rid of his trainer. It’s obvious they are just mates and he’s doing him a favour.

im sparticus likes this.
  7. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I hope this happens. I've praised Davison a lot and he done a remarkable job with Tyson up until this fight but his advice last night was awful. He clearly rehearses his corner advice and when the fight went against the script, he was terrible. Fury's face was gushing blood and Wallin was fighting as though his life depended on it - "volume and variety" - what are you on about Ben? Those buzz words sound great when your guy is putting on a clinic but it was embarrasing considering how the fight was playing out.

The action was pleasing on the eye for the casuals but Fury's skill level appeared digressed and that's a worry. What has Davison been doing in camp? Granted the cut changed things but Fury didn't look great before that. He wasn't using his feet or head as well as usually does. That's Fury's forte. We seen early in his career that when he doesn't use his feet and head to the best of his ability he gets dragged into a war.

The positives to be taken from a tough night are that the big man showed again that his heart, stamina and will to win are second to none. Fury can go into the trenches for 12 rounds and nobody will out toughen him or gas him out. He never looked hurt or in danger of being stopped (apart from the blood) and he proved once again that he'll have to be knocked out cold to be defeated. However, if he goes to war with Wilder like he did last night being knocked out cold is a possibility.

Credit to Wallin. He's big, tough and game. I believe he'll have a good career and he's deserved of the exposure he received last night. The arena looked packed to me. We're talking about a Brit fighting an unknown Swede in Las Vegas. Any amount of tickets sold is decent.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  8. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Very, very strong words.

This content is protected

This content is protected

9. TonyHayers

Nov 1, 2018
    Good post but I’m not sure about them all being proven to not be great. You could have made this exact same point in the early/mid 90’s. ‘Tyson’s not a great and his career is over after Douglas/prison. And as for Lewis, don’t make me laugh. Knocking over Frank Bruno in a nip and tuck fight and getting blown away by Oliver McCall...’

You get the point. Any of them could go on to be great.

Unforgiven likes this.
  10. Hattonmad

Jan 5, 2009
    It's exaggerated but he has a point.

11. TonyHayers

Nov 1, 2018
    [url]https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/sep/15/tyson-fury-otto-wallin-fight-report[/url]

Report states there were 8,249 spectators in the venue. A venue that holds more than 22,300 for boxing.

‘The arena looked packed to me.’

Well, it wasn’t.

12. Accurate

Accurate Jump back, wanna kiss myself! Full Member

May 3, 2018
    Don't know what all the fuss is about, Fury fought with a bad cut and still battered Wallin. Wallin did a lot better than most expected but Fury still won comfortably. Imagine if he hadn't got cut.

Think I'll go to bed now and promptly pass out.

13. TonyHayers

Nov 1, 2018
    The fuss is about the fallout regarding Fury’s corner. Also, continued question marks over his power are raised after he looked to be in a situation where he could really have done with getting rid of a gassed Wallin and he couldn’t do it.

The cut is also another annoyance. That’s Fury done for 2019. What a waste.

14. Hattonmad

Jan 5, 2009
    Almost 9000 spectators? Very impressive and it looked well on the telly.

15. TonyHayers

Nov 1, 2018
    Don’t worry mate, I’m not having a go at Tyson. Just pointing out that it was nearly two thirds empty.

Also, the majority of those tickets were literally just given away.

Clarence Gianni likes this.