Tyson Fury vs Dillian Whyte 2022 - Discussion and polll

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Vegan Beast, Oct 25, 2021.

Fury vs Whyte

Poll closed Mar 4, 2022.
  1. Fury ko/tko

101 vote(s)
    62.7%
  2. Fury decision

41 vote(s)
    25.5%
  3. Draw

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  4. Whyte ko/tko

15 vote(s)
    9.3%
  5. Whyte decision

3 vote(s)
    1.9%
  1. Rilz

Rilz Ball don't lie! Full Member

Aug 5, 2007
    It certainly was billed as such. I suppose I never really searched for an official statement from the WBC or anything but it was definitely a huge part of the build up.

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  2. Wild Eye

Wild Eye New Member Full Member

Aug 28, 2017
    I've gone knock-out. Not because I think it'll be easy, but because I think Whyte will go down trying not to lose on points.

3. dan4579

dan4579 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Fury takes him light, gets shockingly caught and KO’d in the 3rd by a left hook after missing a sloppy right :)

4. ForemanJab

ForemanJab Deus Vult Full Member

May 8, 2014
    This might be another opponent who Fury can’t get his blood up for.

At 33 years old with the way he’s abused his body in the past Fury’s physical abilities are probably already in decline. He can’t afford to have anymore fat camps. If he shows up overweight again I wouldn’t be surprised if he takes an upset loss.

5. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    What ****ing contenders? Wilder? Who just got knocked out again. Ruiz? Who's fought no one since he lost almost 2 years ago besides Chris ****ing Arreola? Ortiz? Who's fought no one but a random nobody since he lost to Wilder a 2nd time?

Whyte's previous fights more than gives him the right to claim an opportunity. He's been treat poorly in the past and has been waiting long enough.

There is no one in the WBC rankings more deserving of a shot than Whyte. Wilder has had his chance, Ruiz has had his chance, Ortiz is past it and has done nothing to earn an opportunity.

The likes of Joyce will get their opportunity in other belts, Joyce being the mandatory now for another boxing organisation.

TL;DR Despite Whyte losing to Povetkin, it doesn't mean he still doesn't deserve a chance. Anyone can have a bad night, and Whyte was dominating the fight before he got caught.

In any reasonable mind that doesn't hate Whyte, there's only one clear individual in the WBC rankings that deserves this shot, and it's Whyte.

He's mandatory, it's as simple as that, whether you like it or not!

6. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    Whyte pays for all the crap he's talked (and for jerking Otto Wallin around).

7. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    TKO in the final third.

March would be awesome.

8. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Fury is a bad match up for Whyte. May be the worst possible match. Even Fury on his worst day probably would beat Whyte.

Oneirokritis likes this.
  9. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Probably. But you never know. Some people think it would be a repeat of Fury/Chisora 2, but I don't think so.

Whyte is better than Chisora. But it will probably be KO win within 4-5 rounds for Fury.

10. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Whyte's punch resistance, I think, has been on the wane since he faced Joshua. His chin appeared to me incredible in that, with the amount of clean shots he was taking. His chin has looked comparatively pathetic since then and although I agree that he is better than Chisora (considerably so) he will probably be knocked out in the first half of the bout, if Fury really wants to get him out of there quickly.

11. AdamT

AdamT Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 18, 2019
    Knockout/Tko by round 8

12. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Fury would play with him for 7 or 8 rounds before stopping a gassed Whyte.

13. Ted Stickles

Ted Stickles Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Going to see a big difference in skill levels here. Fury is getting better and better under Sugarhill and Dillion to me is not really that good.

Oneirokritis likes this.
  14. Ty is That Guy

Ty is That Guy Member Full Member

Jul 6, 2021
    It's still amazing that Fury is being thrown out there like he's an unbeatable KO monster. Yes he beat Wilder twice but Wilder would have been beaten by a LOT of top heavyweights. That's why he never fought any of them haha. Same with Fury. And that's also why Fury is not trying to fight Whyte right now.

red corner and DarkHorse901 like this.
  15. MrBarry465

MrBarry465 Active Member Full Member

Jun 17, 2021
    Thats just not accurate though, Wilder would NOT get beaten by a 'LOT' of top heavyweights currently. He was literally unbeaten before he met Fury ffs..... Wilder would 100% sleep Whyte and AJ on current form. Look at the Whyte match vs Chisora ffs.... He had a war with the guy and was close to getting stopped. Chisora barely landed a glove on Fury in the last fight.

Like him or not, pretenting that Fury isn't the best in the division 'because reasons' is just dumb at this point. He is clearly the best and I predict he beats Whyte within 7 rounds as long as he is up for it.

Wizbit1013, mw1986 and Rivertripe like this.