Tyson Fury vs Dillian Whyte 2022 - Discussion and polll

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Vegan Beast, Oct 25, 2021.

Fury vs Whyte

Poll closed Mar 4, 2022.
  1. Fury ko/tko

101 vote(s)
    62.7%
  2. Fury decision

41 vote(s)
    25.5%
  3. Draw

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  4. Whyte ko/tko

15 vote(s)
    9.3%
  5. Whyte decision

3 vote(s)
    1.9%
  1. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    But that's not the same as saying Wilder has a good chance to land it. And even if he did what's to say Usyk wouldn't take it as well as Fury? He's never been dropped, and been chin checked several times by some big hitters, both amateur and pro. You seem to be assuming that Usyk doesn't take the shot well, when all the evidence indicates he will.

He beat Joshua in London. That alone puts him at or near the top of the pecking order right there, and comfortably above 40+ fights Wilder.

Three fights at heavyweight, ok, but what about his WSB fights, or his numerous fights at CW? Wilder isn't a huge HW himself so fights against other 210/215 lbs men don't seem too irrelevant to me. But sure, put him in against some more big men for him to bowl over. Not everyone fights the same as Joshua, and it's possible other more physical styles like Joyce's will be Usyk's kryptonite. But that won't be Wilder himself.

2. mw1986

mw1986 New Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2014
    That was a big win for Usyk, no doubt. But IMO Usyk will definitely have to beat Fury to claim the title as THE best HW. BTW, I love Usyk and would love to see that fight with Fury

navigator likes this.
  3. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    Hi, @Aydamn.

Oneirokritis, Safin and Wizbit1013 like this.
  4. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Yes, agreed. I'm countering those who claim that Fury is indisputably number one after beating Wilder's ass for a hattrick. He's not. That's what the Joshua fight was for, and it's what the Usyk fight is for now.

mw1986 likes this.
  5. navigator

Nov 5, 2017
    Fury is the daddy mack, and has been since before Usyk proved himself a HW factor (most of us believed he would be, but it's now concrete).

Usyk has to take that title off him.

Wilder is out of the way.

Joshua is (provisionally) out of the way.

Sasha is the #1 contender now.

mirkofilipovic likes this.
  6. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Your mom.

7. navigator

Nov 5, 2017
    Now, where have I heard that one before?

:deal:

8. mw1986

mw1986 New Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Couldn't have said it better myself

9. ShadesOfAli

ShadesOfAli Active Member Full Member

Sep 3, 2019
    I agree that Whyte deserves a fight with Fury, he’s been a top 5 HW for a few years now so I’m all up for the top ranked fighters in any division mixing it with each other.

It will also be an entertaining buildup should generate a good buzz.

I disagree that Takam is Joyce’s best win however.

He went into the Dubois fight as a significant underdog. Majority of people thought the young dynamite would bomb out slowmo Joyce but he proved a lot of people wrong there. Takam on the other hand was a routine and expected win against a 40 year old opponent who’s lost pretty much every time he’s stepped up.

10. Vegan Beast

Aug 19, 2020
    The difference between me and Aydamn is that Aydamn was like Whyte's version of Miniq, brainlessly devoted to one fighter.

I am not. Whyte is not even one of my favourite fighters. I have made what I believe to be solid arguments to defend my position, I simply give stupid responses to stupid people who I've tried debating before but they make the same generic crappy arguments so I feel no reason to spend my time arguing with some of the dumbasses on this forum.

My argument is there.

There is not a single person in the wbc rankings that you can say deserves a shot far more than Whyte does, and no one else in the WBC rankings would make a more entertaining fight than Whyte vs Fury. It's a grudge match, it's a great clash of personalities, and Whyte could well pull off an upset.

11. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    And it's becoming increasingly obvious that @MarkusFlorez99 is the same person. I knew it all along!

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  12. Vegan Beast

Aug 19, 2020
    Or perhaps you're @Aydamn and @MarkusFlorez99, and looking to draw attention away from yourself.

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  13. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Behave yourselves. Theres enough of me to go around :rolleyes:

:risas3:

14. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    You're not smart enough to gaslight effectively, bud.

Oneirokritis and Furious like this.
  15. dragon666

dragon666 Active Member Full Member

Apr 28, 2021
    I don't think this fight will come down to who's got the more natural ability. I don't think it will need to even though Fury is more naturally gifted whereas i think Dillian has had to work much harder to get where he is.

I think Fury has the better boxing brain, better stamina, better chin, better footwork, better jab, better movement, and he actually knows how to feint and to take the sting off punches.

Whyte can throw some nice hooks to the body but Fury will just lean on him and wear him down depleting his stamina then he will become a sitting duck.

I think Whyte just isn't smart enough to beat Fury even if Fury is at his worst. The only way i see Whyte winning is if Fury is grossly out of shape and possibly carrying an injury into the fight.

Fury by KO. I think Fury will score two or three knockdowns on route to a stoppage victory before round 7.

Oneirokritis likes this.