Fury walked away from 50-50 split with Wilder, Arum wants Wilder to sign 5-fight deal with him

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Dubblechin, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    We know why Fury didn't sign now though don't we?small matter of 80million from ESPN.

2. sauhund II

sauhund II Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 8, 2008
    Predicable Bob Arum....

This is Mayweather/Pac all over again.........

And Fury is hiding behind Arum like Pac was......talg do mi bromotar, I da afrad of nadles

3. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    At this point, Tyson Fury looks like a guy who signed a big money deal to play on a losing team going nowhere.

I hope he enjoys his money while he fights midgets in relative obscurity on the ESPN+ app. (His Top Rank deal is with ESPN+ not ESPN, and the ESPN+ app has fewer subscribers in the U.S. than the DAZN app does.)

I'm sure all the other contenders in the division thank Fury, too, because he just made their own title shots more likely and they don't have to go thru Fury to get them.

4. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    I'm pissed. I thought we were going to get another heavyweight classic series.

What a waste.

Red Hulk40 likes this.
  5. Leeroy84

Leeroy84 Lancashire-la-la-la Full Member

May 7, 2016
    It can still happen, Wilders a free agent and the two fights Arum spoke of will be worth a fortune to Wilder.
    I don't like the connections between the author and showtime and i cannot find any mention of a five fight deal anywhere that doesn't bring you back to that article.
    Take the offer Wilder, Fury took yours the first time around

Sandman_ likes this.
  6. smiffyinoz

smiffyinoz Active Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2018
    There was a time when boxers wanted to be the heavyweight champion of the world. Those days have gone.

7. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    I hope you're right that they do fight.

It makes no sense for Wilder to fight on ESPN+ for five fights ... or, frankly, two fights. They have 3 million subscribers. And the fight would be on the ESPN+ app.

Showtime has 10 times as many subscribers as the ESPN+ app and the television networks have quadruple the number of viewers as Showtime. Wilder has fought on all those. Why would he go to fight on app with a fraction of the viewers who are watching him now?

Arum has a pot of money. But fighting on ESPN+ isn't giving anyone MORE EXPOSURE.

Money, maybe. But definitely not more exposure.

Fury will make some good money. But whatever recognition he got from the Wilder fight will disappear when goes down the ESPN+ hole.

They should be trying to grab the biggest audience possible. Fighting on an app with the fewest subscribers doesn't seem to be the way to go.

This just sucks.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    Leeroy84 likes this.
  8. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    This is all fake news. Arum never sent fury a contract of 5 anything for certain amount, its still in negotiations what he's going to do. Wilder can have the rematch if he wants but its on ESPN which wilder says he can do. If Arum offers him an interm fight for even 4 million that's more then what he'll get elsewhere.

If Wilder decides he doesn't want the rematch then that's on him, he has been given options and a proposal from Arum to read over , hes not obligated to any 5 fight contracts if he chooses not to be .

Wilder will make more money on ESPN with the money coming from Arum ,ESPN doesn't pay the fighters and Wilder isn't tied to Showtime so the excuse makers ,you look like fools. The only one that can stop the fight is Wilder not ESPN deal...lol

Sandman_ likes this.
  9. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    So basically the rematch is dead -- so what.

10. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    50% of what that's the most important question

11. GALVATRON

Oct 30, 2016
    They have no grasp on whats what that's for sure.......the OP is a perfect example daily on here and this thread /the article is misleading editor of B.S Scene owned by U.S media. which promotes Wilder there.

The fight can easily be made in fact what fury did here was pull a wilder on what he did to Joshua. Thats bring in rival promotions but the difference is wilder isn't linked or contractually obligated to one...he can fight fury on ESPN for more money. lol

This content is protected

LANCE99 likes this.
  12. sauhund II

sauhund II Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 8, 2008
    The Arum apologists are already coming out in full force........same game, different players........he put Foreman on the bum tour and got him 3 title fights , lost two until he got lucky and rather got stripped off the belts before he would defend it against anyone with a pulse.....remember, Mike Tyson was dead afraid of Grandpa Foreman according to the Top rank boot lickers while Foreman not in a million years would face him......

Mayweather was always ducking, being afraid , scared , chicken etc etc to face Pac according to Arum who claimed Mayweather would not sign...............same thing here, Wilder is a bum, coward and should take any peanuts Arum offers him because he is no good.........the reason why Arum never let Pac near Mayweather is becuase he knew the money train would stop instantly aka 118-110........same with Fury, if Wilder puts him to sleep there aint no 80 mil deal, bank on it so it has to be milked until it cannot get milked anymore.

Fury has never been hit like that before and I bet my bottom dollar he aint too exited to get into the Ring with Wilder anytime soon.

When Lewis needed a rematch after the phoney draw against Holyfield they did not hide behind promotors or networks ......they fought immediately . Fact.

Red Hulk40, NoNeck and Manfred like this.
  13. jaytxxl

jaytxxl Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Dude let’s be real and look at Arums history in this matter.. By your logic Crawford should have signed with PBC because they have the more lucrative WW bouts and all the champions so Crawford should just shut up and fight Spence on Showtime.. Why would Keith Idec lie about ESPN giving Fury a 5 yr deal and offering the same for Wilder to fight Fury.. Why would Wilder sign a long term deal with ESPN when Showtime/PBC build him and guided his career.. So it’s cold for other guys to be loyal to a promoter but not Wilder.. smh I honestly don’t care about these Politics I just want all these guys to fight each other and ESPN getting involved just complicates things more

Manfred likes this.
  14. GALVATRON

Oct 30, 2016
    What a big slop this is..lol

Wont waste my time on this one but Holyfield was the A side against Lewis. The rematch happened because Holyfield wanted it. Fury is inviting wilder to ESPN ,the deal cannot stop the fight, Fury is the A side because he controls the money now that generates it and made that PPV in the FIRST place.

Wilder cannot get a PPV without him or Joshua. Lewis was not able to generate much interest either without Tyson or Holyfield around . These are actual facts. lol

15. GALVATRON

Oct 30, 2016
    Arums history in the matter is working with other promoters.

The history is Haymon is difficult and Finkel...

The Wilder nutso's on here can spin it all you like ,Wilder is a dope and so is anyone that keeps making excuses for him. Are you a dope ? IDK ,probably because you bringing nothing to do with nothing on the topic.

I even posted a video of Arum explaining this and you still have the time to post an idiotic post but not read or watch whats going on ? I know you couldn't possibly read my post ,otherwise you couldn't have replied to me because all those points were addressed but you did anyway ? lmao

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    Jackstraw likes this.