"Fury-Wallin fight was a dismal failure"

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Aydamn, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    I'm having a hard time believing Fury is getting $20 mil per fight.

madballster, northpaw and Aydamn like this.
  2. Eggman

Eggman "The cream of the crop! Nobody does it better! Full Member

Dec 2, 2015
    That’s some terrible numbers right there.

I was at an early josh Taylor fight, against Dave Ryan and there must’ve been more than 4000 there.

The maths aren’t making any sense at all here

Edit- the capacity of the event was 3500 but was pretty much sold out.

Aydamn likes this.
  3. Eggman

Eggman "The cream of the crop! Nobody does it better! Full Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Im genuinely perplexed at how bob is gonna make his money back on fury if the 100 mil is true. Even a wilder trilogy isn’t going to do it.

Something stinks. I like Tyson but he’s not being himself, and I personally think the 100 mil is bull. Pre wlad he was the man that ‘let nobody turn the key in his back’.

Sadly I think he’s losing his way.

Aydamn likes this.
  4. guncho

guncho next champion! Full Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Has fury disapeared? Mental breakdown again.

5. Charlie Stewart

Charlie Stewart Most Merciful Full Member

Feb 5, 2019
    And right now sho, dazn & espn arent seeing a return on their investment and that doesnt look like changing any time soon. Boxing really just not an attraction in the states anymore

6. Charlie Stewart

Charlie Stewart Most Merciful Full Member

Feb 5, 2019
    Even the casuals know a con when they see one, didnt work for wilder so why would it work for fury

effigy and Aydamn like this.
  7. Heavy_Hitter

Heavy_Hitter Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Tyson Furry was close to being stopped in 2 out of his last 3 fights and mostly fights bums. Last time he hardly survived vs a 46 ranked opponent. Most people can see his real level.

Aydamn likes this.
  8. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    I read on the BBC that it was 8000 out of a possible 20.000 seats,whatever the truth it doesn't look good esp after all the work they've put in selling Fury to America.
    Fury v Wilder deserves to do well as it's a good fight but I'm not sure it will be any bigger than usual?
    That Mexican outfit from Fury to try to appeal to another demographic is embarrassing,given that Fury only ever fights tactically.

Charlie Stewart, Aydamn and Holler like this.
  9. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    He's been unusually quiet after the Wallin fiasco which usually means he's busy stuffing his face with beer and junk food.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  10. Angler Andrew

Jun 28, 2016
    A million would be incredible in the current climate.Does anyone know the PVP figures from their first fight?

11. Angler Andrew

Jun 28, 2016
    They must think the public are daft or something?folk want 50/50 fights as they usually deliver.

effigy and Aydamn like this.
  12. T_S_A_R

T_S_A_R Member Full Member

Jan 9, 2011
    His purse for that fight was $1 million dollars. He made up the $100 million dollars (Dr Evil style) the same as he made up giving his purse from the Wilder fight to charity.

He is surely going to get to a point where he has to actually make some money by fighting live opponents in the UK.

Aydamn likes this.
  13. Angler Andrew

Jun 28, 2016
    Imagine if Whyte fought those opponents?He'd of been slated.Every opponent of Wyhtes was taken to improve his standing with the WBC.Fury gets better treatment for fighting anyone.

Aydamn likes this.
  14. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Exactly and Whyte knows this very well, he actually has a repuation and standard to uphold, he knows the next fight needs to capture the publics attention and he always delivers.

He always chooses an opponent he knows the public will accept he just wants to make memories.

Many posters here are jealous that Whyte came through with the wins too, it runs them the wrong way because they never achieved nothing in their pathetic lives

Angler Andrew likes this.
  15. lobk

lobk Original ESB Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    325k, so yes a million would be a huge stretch

Aydamn and Angler Andrew like this.