Fury warned, you delay you pay.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by roeknott, Feb 4, 2024.

1. Sonny1

Sonny1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Agree with this, plus who wants to visit Riyadh? It’s grim and there’s nothing to do.

2. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    I'm sure it's OK and growing quickly. But having spent time in Dubai it's just a soul-less set of attractions, a lot of commercial estate and a nice airport. Riyadh is probably going to be the same.

3. Sonny1

Mar 11, 2013
    You are joking mate, if you think Dubai is soulless, Riyadh is basically just rubble and earth with bouncy castles at the sides of the road being manned by people being used as slaves over there. It’s awful.

Professionals only go there for work. Mainly in the defence sector.

Manning likes this.
  4. Bob Flaps

Mar 30, 2019
    Take your word for it on Riyadh, I was thinking about how it might end up later on rather than just now. Dubai is just a concrete jungle full of shops. My other half saw my pics from there and is desperate to go :D

Sonny1 likes this.
  5. Sonny1

Mar 11, 2013
    Dubai is worth a visit. We have friends who live there so been a bunch of times, it can be pretty pretentious though. As you say, good for shopping lol.

I’m really not a fan of Riyadh, it’s a ghost town, very odd place and one example is people who basically drift cars on both sides of the road all day long due to being bored, there is no respect for safety. Been loads of times for work and an 18 hour stay is more than enough thank you very much. Get me on the place home, but remember no drinking onboard until you are out of Saudi airspace several hours later. Yuck.

6. Manning

Manning Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 6, 2011
    If you can't drink what the fcuk is the point of going on holiday.

7. Bob Flaps

Mar 30, 2019
    I went to Dubai without realising Ramadan was on. I liked a drink at the time so was a bit “WTF”. But then realised they still want your money and let you drink behind a curtain… Initially thought this was just coffee shops and restaurants but there was a whole hotel bar with the blinds shut, able to let you booze all day. As long as you behaved then nobody really cares.

Manning likes this.
  8. Manning

Manning Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 6, 2011
    Ever see their fashion shows? These backwards cnuts are mad fcukers altogether.

This content is protected

9. dannyboy147

dannyboy147 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Dubai is great, architecture is great, the place is really cool. I found it weird being on a beach and not being able to drink. Temperature of the water was like being in a bath, simply no respite from the sun. You can drink there in the hotels but it’s expensive.

I was meant to go to saudi on a job a couple of months ago but binned it off in the end as it was a nightmare getting a visa.

10. Bob Flaps

Mar 30, 2019
    Long time ago, a mate of mine was offered a very well-paid job in Saudi with Bin Laden Construction. He turned it down and said "have you not head of that name?" I hadn't, but in 1999 not many people had, I suspect!

dannyboy147 and Manning like this.