Fury/Whyte Split confirmed

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, Dec 30, 2021.

1. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Didn't say it wasn't.

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    NO, you're wrong.
    When Fury beat Wlad, Wlad agreed to the rematch .... and Fury ****ed up, punked out, whatever.
    Wlad didn't cause any problem whatsoever. Wlad was ready to fight.

In this case, Whyte is causing a problem. Can't you see the difference?

And, surely, if you are assessing what's happening now by how fighters acted in the past, Whyte has a track record of pricing himself out of HUGE title fight, turning down huge offers.

So it is odd that you are keen to put all blame on Fury at this juncture.

3. Brixton Bomber

Sep 21, 2013
    That's what I'm on about, Tyson messed up against Wlad by causing nonsense and he will do the same now.

He wants a nobody next or a soft touch. His fight history tells you this, you pillock.

4. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    :lol:
    But Whyte is the one holding it up at the moment, in this case.
    You totally ignore that part of the equation.

5. Brixton Bomber

Sep 21, 2013
    Tyson wants Helenius, Whyte doesn't want to get shafted.

6. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    Getting paid MILLIONS to fight for the heavyweight championship of the world is NOT being "shafted".

Even you don't believe that. In fact, you know full well that Whyte is lucky to be in position to fight for world title and a fortune. You will defend his diva tactics in this case simply because you hate Fury.

I'm all for criticising Fury, if and when he vacates/fights Helenius/fights MMA guy/fights Charr, etc.
    I'll be the first to call it a disgrace.

But at the moment, the ball seems to be firmly in Whyte's court, and Whyte is whining about the millions of £ and his shot, and would rather hold up his career and the whole division, for his big fat greedy retirement pay cheque.
    All he needs to do is agree to the fight, at 20% or negotiate a bit more from Fury's promoter, and then we can turn to Fury.
    But at the moment, it is Dillian "British Level" Whyte who is holding it up.
    You absolutely know it to be true.

kevinreid001 and dryzer like this.
  7. Brixton Bomber

Sep 21, 2013
    Nope.

8. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    50 pages in, like I said.

9. unfriendlyorchid

unfriendlyorchid Probably moaning about Sky Sports Full Member

Jul 20, 2021
    FWIW, I think there's a bigger game going on here. @Brumsongs touched on it earlier in the thread. Pretty much all the main parties have interests that overlap in different ways.

Fury - wants a crack at undisputed OR wants a big payday for his next bout.

Arum has also said that people he isn't contracted to (Probellum? Matchroom? K2? Saudis?) are trying to push the undisputed angle. If Top Rank / Queensberry are fighting for the Whyte payday but others are fighting for the undisputed, there's no chance things get resolved easily.

Whyte - wants a big payday for his mandatory. Tying the WBC up in legal stuff to force his position. Hearn has made clear that he doesn't want to become an 'email' champion like Devin Haney did.

Joshua - wants to bed in with his new training team, wants the best trade off between risk and reward for his next fight. Worst case he faces Usyk again.

Usyk - has a guaranteed lucrative rematch - can push for the Fury bout.

Matchroom - difficult position. What's best for Joshua (lucrative "step aside" fee to permit Fury v Usyk) isn't best for Whyte unless there's a huge "step aside" for Whyte to forego his mandatory position.

Top Rank / Queensberry - clearly losing influence here. Arum seems to have been hinting that there's a deal to be done for the Whyte fight, but Arum has said that they aren't involved with the Usyk discussions. They are clearly between a rock and a hard place.

K2 and Egis Klimas - they are the dark horses here. We hear a lot about Fury and Joshua, but (at least in the English speaking media) we hear nothing from Alex Krassyuk.

Don't forget how ruthless they can be when they don't want something - remember them saying that the Joe Joyce fight merited a 93/7 split for Usyk? This ultimately got them the Joshua fight.

I think they might just be working to pull a rabbit from the hat here - and be a very central figure to these delays.

WBC - reluctant to sanction Fury v Whyte until recently. Whyte's legal stuff limiting their options. 80/20 was provocative - regardless of merit in those numbers - and seemed designed to antagonise Whyte further.

TLDR: I don't think it's fair to blame any one party here. Not Fury, not Whyte, not Top Rank, not Matchroom. Everyone is fighting for their own benefits, including the WBC who are in self-protection mode. This is all the typical boxing circus and it will always happen when there's this much money and this little regulation involved in the sport.

If I'm betting on what happens, I think Fury v Whyte and Usyk v Joshua II will be next. I don't see a realistic way of keeping all of Fury, Whyte, Usyk and Joshua happy otherwise.

Brumsongs and Brixton Bomber like this.
  10. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    It feels like you want this to all be Fury’s fault even though there’s no real evidence of that at the moment

11. Ty is That Guy

Ty is That Guy Member Full Member

Jul 6, 2021
    "No real evidence" other than Fury low balling Whyte and then trying to go fight Charr and Helenius instead haha. (shaking my head) How a guy with 1 title defense in 7 years can try to skip a mandatory, without catching hell, is beyond me. But, as long as he has idiots who support his cowardice, then he will continue right? Real champs fight the best, not run from their mandatories.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  12. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    But apparently Fury doesnt have any fans anyway so there is nobody to support his cowardice.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  13. Brixton Bomber

Sep 21, 2013
    Exactly.

14. unfriendlyorchid

unfriendlyorchid Probably moaning about Sky Sports Full Member

Jul 20, 2021
    New from the WBC - both sides requested the extension.

This content is protected

15. Ty is That Guy

Ty is That Guy Member Full Member

Jul 6, 2021
    Extended to next Wednesday. Hopefully they come to an agreement. If not, purse bid and Fury is screwed. He cannot get the unification fight without that WBC belt. And he cannot keep the belt unless he goes through Whyte. Just give Whyte a better % and make the fight. It's that easy.