Fury: "Wilder shouldn't come back to fight. He is broken outside and inside"

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Boxing2019, Jun 20, 2022.

1. Boxing2019

Boxing2019 If you want peace, prepare war. Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    "Gypsy King" wanted to express his personal opinion on the return to activity of his greatest rival that Deontay Wilder with whom he fought three times without ever losing.
    After the draw in 2018 Fury inflicted two knockouts on "The Bronze Bomber";

"Wilder is a very dangerous fighter and I think he will still knock anyone out if he hits him in the face. When you meet him on 12 rounds he is likely to hit you and knock you out. I, however, don't know what's left inside his tank. In the last Las Vegas match he was absolutely destroyed mentally, physically and emotionally, and I would say he's a wreck at the moment. He had a broken jaw, a broken skull, was knocked out twice.

Coming back will be a tough job for him but I don't really know how much of the champion he was left, I wouldn't like to see him struggling in a ring because I know he doesn't need the money. I'd like to see him retire and keep his reputation -

Ultimately he has lost to the best fighter of a whole generation, that is me, and there is no shame in that. But if he comes back, to see him uncomfortable between the ropes, I would be very sorry".

Agreed with Fury or not?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
  2. Slyk

Slyk Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Fury really did take Wilder's mojo. The more someone uses pride as a weapon, the more devastating a loss is to them. Wilder really relied on puffing himself up and wasn't blessed with that natural calmness in the ring some fighters have. It would be bad for both his and Fury's legacies to see him unraveled by a lesser fighter.

freelaw, nilrem, don owens and 2 others like this.
  3. AlwaysFirst

AlwaysFirst Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2015
    I somewhat agree but still would like to see him in the ring again, but if he doesn’t feel like it I understand him retiring also. Either way Wilder delivered some exciting KO’s and will go down in the history books as one of the hardest punchers.

4. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    inside? did Fury do that too?! :dunno

5. Boxing2019

Boxing2019 If you want peace, prepare war. Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    His mind and soul might be in pieces after the third fight

6. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    This content is protected

Wilder was Bane
    Usyk is the Joker
    Fury is Batman

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
  7. BitPlayerVesti

BitPlayerVesti Boxing Drunkie Full Member

Oct 28, 2017
    Fury worried about his second best win not aging well

8. ShortRound

ShortRound Active Member banned Full Member

Jun 6, 2022
    Fury could just as easily be goading Wilder to return as Wilder hates Fury and would if anything want to do the opposite. But Fury is also correct: suffering two brutal beatdown KO losses back to back after an 11 year, 43 fight unbeaten run is going to take something out of you physically and mentally, especially as you are aging toward your late 30's. I believe Wilder's had his left eardrum broken in back to back fights now, which is a concerning sign. If Wilder stays retired then Wilder will be most remembered for his last performance so the win ages well, plus Fury will have retired him which is another feather in his cap.

9. 007 373 5963

007 373 5963 Active Member Full Member

May 30, 2020
    Or is fury playing four-dimensional chess here and pressing just the right buttons to get Deontay back in the ring?!

Perkin Warbeck and cross_trainer like this.
  10. fencik45

fencik45 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 6, 2022
    Which will happen.

11. fencik45

fencik45 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 6, 2022
    it won't.

12. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Fury is conflicted. He would like Wilder to come back and dominate to push up his legacy, but he is worried that he won't, because he would have a corresponding drop.

13. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Fury knows anyone in top 15 beats Wilder even before his first fight and he is just getting his excuses in that he is damaged goods.

14. ForemanJab

ForemanJab Deus Vult Full Member

May 8, 2014
    Fury is looking out for his legacy. If Wilder came back and started getting brutally KO’d by journeymen left and right then it’s going to take some luster off those Ws. In the coming years people will connect his future losses to the ones against Fury and say Wilder was at the back end of his career when in reality it all started out as a cherry-pick gone wrong.

15. MrBarry465

MrBarry465 Active Member Full Member

Jun 17, 2021
    This is just absolute nonsense. If wilders head is still in it - he sparks most of the top fighters out.

I see him finishing a Whyte within 3 rounds.

People are ****ing desperate to wheel out the "oh but Wilder is ****" garbage even now...