fury will beat haye..put your money on it..

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by vitesse349, Jul 15, 2013.

1. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    hayes track record suggests he can ko fury with that sort of power, but furys record shows he has the power to ko haye and the agression, not a cautious wlad, like flexe says, haye needs him out earlier. it could be over before fury knows it but if he can build up resistance during the fight, he will eat haye.

2. Macky

Macky Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Is that a betting slip?? In that case i might have a big bet

16/07/2013 GBP 5,000 single Haye rounds 1-3 to win by KO

I'll let the odds ride....

3. Westy78

Westy78 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 24, 2013
    I think its a close call, definately not one sided as both sets of fans think.

Fury is open to the right hand over the top, Haye loves this punch and also has the power so he could finish fury early

But Fury has a very underated jab and if he keeps it together for 5 or so round Haye could be in big trouble..... lets face it Haye won't want a war he has to pretect his face for his movie career when this is all over

4. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    ye exactly this, fury could make mincemeat of his face, for some reason i think he does, gonna be a dog fight, furys face wont be like steak, he either gets ko'd or not with 1 or a few punches.

5. JonnyBGoode

JonnyBGoode Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2011
    I think the Ruiz fight is a good one to base this on. Ruiz wasn't as big as Fury but he was tough and durable, he was quite slow and a little one dimensional but overall a tough guy and he came to fight. He was dropped by Haye early twice but weathered the storm and caused Haye problems. Haye was blowing very very hard after 7-8 rounds and looked disorganised when absorbing pressure on the ropes. Now Fury is bigger, stronger, younger, hungrier, equally durable and probably faster, definitely heavier. If Haye dumps Fury down twice and he gets up again and continues to fight, and Haye suddenly realises that he's in for a long night, can Haye switch tactics and adapt to fighting to a points win over 12 rounds?

Everyone's analysis (including my own) is basically that Haye stops him early, but lets say for a minute, that he doesn't. What happens if Haye can't KO Fury for whatever reason, who wins if Haye can't KO Fury? Would people be as quick to say Haye?

6. HOF

HOF Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 10, 2008
    This is the worry if you're Haye fan. If you're betting on him you wouldn't want to see the fight go past the middle rounds.

7. vitesse349

vitesse349 Active Member Full Member

May 22, 2007
    that is a copy of my betting slip, but you will put 5k on to get back about 600 quid..
    haye wont be knocking anybody out anyway. this will be hayes last fight. Its ok to fight for money if the opponent isnt a threat like say audley harrison. thats easy cash because the likes of harrison is only fighting for the money too, but fury is a different kettle of fish.

Haye wont even get near furys chin if he fights in the right way..he will eat the jab untill he is knackered and then fury stops him midway through the fight. Too much heart and workrate and hunger. And as much power as haye has, if fury lands clean on haye its also goodnight...

8. vitesse349

May 22, 2007

thing is, ruiz was a 38 year old punchbag who had already lost 8 times by the time he faced haye. Plus that version of haye I would probably back to win against fury, but 3 years on Haye has fought vlad, stank the place out, and has only fought 3 times since ruiz- plus one of those "fights" was against harrison. He will try and blast out fury but will come up short- badly, take the money and retire.

9. Macky

Macky Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 10, 2011

The round cluster 1-3 will be between 7/2 and 5/1

1st time Haye connects its goodnight Tyson, it's an EASY fight to call. Can't believe people are so stupid and think Fury has a chance.

10. Mufc30

Mufc30 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 28, 2013
    Really, given the amount that believed Audley could...?

I see this as similair to haye v Chisora, a top contender against a prospect, and a similair result

11. JonnyBGoode

JonnyBGoode Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2011
    HW boxing is NEVER an easy fight to call, tell that to people that stuck their house on Lewis to beat Rahman or Tyson to spark Douglas.

Haye is undoubtedly the favourite and rightly so based on experience and styles but people who think he's just going to turn up and throw a right hand to finish it seem to be forgetting that Fury might possibly be aware of that tactic and may actually train to avoid those shots!

We don't really know how good Fury is, we know that the fat out of shape Fury was decidedly average but we don't know how good the in shape, raising his game Fury could be.

12. Westy78

Westy78 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 24, 2013
    Any boxing fan who says the other boxer has no chance is an idiot......There has been thousands of upsets in boxing....anything can happen. The chance maybe slim but it still exists

13. vitesse349

May 22, 2007

We shall see....going to be interesting seeing iron chinned, inactive haye who has been down a few times himself take furys shots too..:lol:

14. Solaris

Solaris Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Anyone stupid enough to think Fury will win feel free to have a bet vs me.

A fool and his money.

15. vitesse349

May 22, 2007
    We shall see who's a fool after the fight...i hope you are as gracious in defeat as i will be euphoric in victory..