Fury will vacate his WBC belt if AJ beats Usyk - Whyte vs Wilder

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Vegan Beast, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Active Member Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    No he doesn't. He can vacate the belt, and just pay whatever penalty comes his way. Unless you think he'll go to jail?

2. KernowWarrior

KernowWarrior Bob Fitzsimmons much bigger brother. Full Member

Jul 12, 2012
    I frankly can see Fury not only vacating the title belt but even retiring, he had one fight and only one fight in mind and that was Joshua, Fury for all his talk of being a fighting man is not, he is in my opinion the best heavyweight out there, but his willingness and mindset is not wanting to live up to Alis quote, "The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights".

Tyson you signed for the Wilder rematch so just deal with "The dosser" as you say you would.

3. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 29, 2007
    If he flouts a court order he can end up in Jail. Which is what will happen and not worth it.

4. JabbaTheGut

JabbaTheGut Member Full Member

Sep 17, 2019
    What does Joshua get out of Fury vacating?

5. Carl Weathers

Carl Weathers Member Full Member

Nov 3, 2019
    The chance to fight the lineal champion !

6. miniq

miniq Big Stiff Idiot Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    WBC want Fury to hold the belt

Fury wants to fight this year, he will whoop Wilder.

7. 007 373 5963

007 373 5963 Member Full Member

May 30, 2020
    I don't see Fury skipping the Wilder fight just to go straight to Joshua. Given how that second fight played out I'd imagine Fury just might be confident enough to see Wilder as the tune up he needs for Joshua, if he's serious about going after joshua next.

Overall, the heavyweight division has been so disappointing the last few years or so. At least we'll be getting these two decent title fights in september/october. But the division and the sport desperately needs that unification bout. Let's pray to the boxing gods that it actually happens.

8. snake33

snake33 Member Full Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Unless Fury beats Wilder (again) and Joshua his legacy will be a troubled flash in the pan that caught Klitchko at the end of his career and then went drug crazy.
    And if Joshua doesn't beat Usyk and then Fury, his legacy will be alphabet champion (despite the four belts, 2 of which mean little) that avoided the BIG fight.
    Wilder will never try to be one champion, one face because he is scared.
    Usyk will never do it because he can't. Someone will knock him off like a duck on a fence.
    Unless the top guys grow a pair this will be considered a weak era with weak champions.

9. testez

testez Member Full Member

Jul 16, 2008
    It is to late for Fury to skip Wilder at this point. He would risk losing both Wilder and AJ fights for pulling this clownery..

10. UmarIFLUmar

UmarIFLUmar Member Full Member

Jan 8, 2021
    Agree wholeheartedly with that second paragraph. I was looking forward to seeing him fight in December but that never happened. Then I was looking forward to seeing him fight Joshua in May, June, July. Never happened. Then I was looking forward to the Wilder fight. Not happened.

I dunno. I think a lot of this is out of his control but part of me wonders if he's just not interested anymore. Like he's not going to bother for less than 20 million dollars or whatever.

11. UmarIFLUmar

UmarIFLUmar Member Full Member

Jan 8, 2021
    A hundred million dollars from his friends in Saudi Arabia

12. Trafford

Trafford Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Anyone also see the Joseph Parker who was reported as one of those with Covid was at the UFC on Saturday

13. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    Absolutely they protect always , look at the end of the Wilder v Fury 2 fight in the ring is Suliman, notice how he is with Wilder & his camp then see his body language(34:59) when Fury has the WBC &how he then goes back over to Wilder(35:44) & away from HIS new WBC Champ...looks like he's telling Wilder "Don't worry we will get back, trust me"...

14. MrBarry465

MrBarry465 New Member Full Member

Jun 17, 2021
    No, at this point Fury just needs to fight Wilder and be done with it.

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  15. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Active Member Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    You really believe that? He'll not go to jail, he has a fortune in his bank acc. He'll have to vacate his belt and/or pay wilder compensation, no way would Fury go to jail.