Fury's career might be over imo

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Forza, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Eggman

Eggman "The cream of the crop! Nobody does it better! Full Member

Dec 2, 2015
    only landed 11 less punches than AJ did v wlad.

He just has no power

Jackman65 and 305th like this.
  2. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    it seems that those 11 punches were the difference between someone who came to fight, and someone who came to avoid a fight. fury did not want to win as much as he wanted to not lose, there is a difference in the 2 mindsets.

3. Eggman

Dec 2, 2015
    k. If fury fought like AJ did against wlad would he have won? No.

If AJ tried to fight like fury did against wlad would he have won. No.

Simple really mate

Jackman65 likes this.
  4. JL Fighter

JL Fighter Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Fury has Braun Strowman to think about.

5. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    neither you nor i know what would have happened, it serves nothing to pretend we do. what did happen, is fury avoided any type of situation where he would be in any type of risk, and vlad accommodated him. then he goes and quits because he was juicing for the fight, a fight he did nothing in. now you have nobodies knocking fury around and his fans keep pretending he needs at least 5 tune ups to become the beast they keep pretending he is. wilder, who cant really box, was never in danger and damn near broke furys neck, yet fury was still rusty, according to his fans. after 5 tune ups, the excuses will turn to furys mental instability and how he would be unbeatable if he could get back to vlad level again. its a pretty funny game that gets played regarding fury.

6. Eggman

Dec 2, 2015
    Ok

7. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    im not anti fury, or pro wilder or ruiz. im just stating what i see happening and why its happening. i take my knowledge and experience and apply it to what i see happening in the ring, which is what everybody does. the differences in knowledge and experience will show up in the results. results are the only thing that matters when judging knowledge. we can all sound like we know what were talking about, but does what you talk about actually happen in the ring. time, will once again reveal who is living outside reality. if anything i wrote is provably wrong, point it out, all the rest will be proven in due time.

8. Eggman

Dec 2, 2015
    Fury is my boy, but if he stood and traded like AJ against wlad, high guard, power punching, flat footed, he would have got knocked out. I think everyone would agree on this.

likewise, if AJ put his hands down, started dancing around he would of been chinned.

Make the most of your strengths and hide your weaknesses

305th likes this.
  9. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    fury doesnt trade because he doesnt have the skill or power to win in that situation. his game is using his length and legs to keep him out of trouble. wilder had the length to overcome furys length and distance and we saw what happened. fury was always suppose to outbox wilder, everyone is suppose to outbox wilder. now fury is trying to mix it up with guys with little power and looking rusty as hell, after a couple of years of training. to me, that aint rust, thats just his level.
    andy would take the fight right to fury, cutting distance without fear of furys punches because they wont have anything on them due to furys avoidance syle. just take a look at what fury does when hes on the ropes and how skilled he is(or isnt) in dealing with rapid fire punches coming at him. the more i analyse the fight, the more i lean towards ruiz stopping fury. i think fury has a better chance vs wilder than he does vs ruiz, ruiz has a better chance vs fury than wilder, and wilder has a better chance vs ruiz than fury. its more a game of weaknesses instead of strengths in the hw division right now.

highlander likes this.
  10. BoJangles

BoJangles Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 27, 2013
    You'll see an attempt at the same game plan when Joshua tries his best to jab his way to victory in the Ruiz rematch but I see Piglet Tagging him and Bagging him again!

bandeedo likes this.
  11. BoJangles

BoJangles Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 27, 2013
    After Wilder starches Fury in the rematch should Fury fight David Price in his first comeback fight or rematch one of his previous full-time Pizza Boy opponents?

12. iamtheman

iamtheman Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2010
    tyson himself agrees Cunnhingham was his most troublesome fight. he won that using rough house tactics against a much smaller man. Tyson claims it was cunninghams slipperiness, but it was that and his application of pressure and countering with quickness, especially at a close distance.. a guy like Ruiz, durable, iron chinned, smaller, faster, a come forward boxer adept at combination punching and accurate in getting on the inside and how he places those punches, is probably a nightmare for fury.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    bandeedo likes this.
  13. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    The reason why that was a tough bout for Tyson Fury was because he let it become a tough bout. With Peter Fury being denied access to America, he was far from disciplined and fought a stupid fight. The 2015 version simply boxes Steve Cunningham's head off.

14. iamtheman

iamtheman Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2010
    or maybe that's bull and the over sized man couldn't handle cunninghams CW level skill so he had to shove forearms in his face before knocking him out.

305th likes this.
  15. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    I agree it is a sensible plan and wish that were the case, but it is also probably complete bull****. Next week he will be telling us that he wants to break Joe Louis' record again.

If he could beat Wilder, win a third fight ( he said a few weeks ago that was the plan), and then beat maybe Parker, that would be a fine career and he could get out with his brains intact and become a full-time WWE guy. I just don't see it.