Fury's comeback and the Heavyweight division

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by carlingeight, Nov 9, 2023.

1. BrainyBoxer

BrainyBoxer Active Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2016
    I'm trying to play the fight in my head and genuinely can't see how Usyk can win this. I think Fury has way more lanes to victory and with his size that is a disadvantage to Usyk. He can either box with Usyk or basically maul him which I think he can do. Will be shocked if Usyk pulls this of.

2. MaccaveliMacc

MaccaveliMacc Active Member Full Member

Feb 27, 2024
    Yeah, cause he was a WBO mandatory and it was AJ who was a WBO title holder. He wouldn't get a shot at Wilder just like that.

3. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    I'm with you.

Undisputed heavyweight champion from the great city of Manchester.

4. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    No chance Usyk is getting “mauled”. Chisora tried that and despite a few people on here being completely fooled by the perception that Chisora was getting success he was doing **** all with it. Usyk is no Cunningham. Those tactics will not work on him, so long as the ref allows them to fight inside I think Usyk will do well up close.

joe91, Jolly Roger and ipitythefool like this.
  5. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    Fury is no Chisora either to be fair.

Beale likes this.
  6. Beale

Beale Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 13, 2023
    Evert time I see a Fury thread hit the top of the British Forum, I expect to find another postponement.

Will start to get up for this fight during fight week.

7. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    I do think that ultimately this will come down to Fury’s size and what the referee lets him get away with. Usyk literally throws triple the amount of punches that Fury does and will definitely outwork him on the outside. However, I’m expecting a messy fight and controversy on the night.

8. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    I see Sky showing a Fury gym interview this morning as part of their build-up to Usyk... thought Fury had banned himself from Sky after asking too many Kinahan questions?

9. Sonny1

Sonny1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Most likely he is doing exactly as he is told to do by his paymasters. They need to hype this fight up as much as possible. It’s gone a bit stale for me with it not happening earlier this year.

Bob Flaps likes this.
  10. Bob Flaps

Mar 30, 2019
    Yes, although I noticed it was Andy Clarke doing the chat and not one of the Sky Sports News droids who upset him last time - probably came to an agreement over who does what.

ash234 likes this.
  11. Sonny1

Sonny1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    I’m not a fan of him tbh, I don’t mind Andy Scott though, seems more sincere. They do need to hype it up though. Trouble is the clash of styles could make it for a bore fest.

Clarke is currently writing a book on the anatomy of a knockout. I think it’s only right he should suffer one himself. From Wilder or Zhang seems appropriate.

12. Bob Flaps

Mar 30, 2019
    Sorry, I'm being a doofus, it was Andy Scott - I always mix the names up!

Sonny1 likes this.
  13. Bob Flaps

Mar 30, 2019
    So in an interview I just listened to... Fury says if he wins he's going to give all the belts to HE. Cringe!

Maybe HE will settle the purse promised to charity in 2018 too

14. syldave

syldave Member Full Member

Apr 11, 2011
  15. Bob Flaps

Mar 30, 2019
    Balls. I might go with Sky then as the Discovery+ app is rotten at times, keeps cutting out. No wonder Sky was giving it large this past week or two!