Fury's comeback and the Heavyweight division

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by carlingeight, Nov 9, 2023.

1. syldave

syldave Member Full Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Aye the Discovery plus app is atrocious, I’m tempted to just go through Prime as that app is fine and TNT’s coverage will almost certainly be better than Sky’s.

2. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    That's a good shout actually. Prime sales open up tomorrow afternoon:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/video/detail/B0CKMWM159/

3. syldave

Apr 11, 2011
    And you you can’t buy on Discovery+ and watch through a sky box, this is from the link below.

This content is protected

Sky customers
    If you purchase an event in the discovery+ app, you can’t watch the event on your Sky set-top-box. To buy and watch an event on your Sky set-top-box, see the Sky section below.

https://support.discoveryplus.com/gb/Answer/Detail/000004122

4. Bob Flaps

Mar 30, 2019
    Sky have got this locked down eh! Prime it is...

syldave likes this.
  5. Beale

Beale Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 13, 2023
    I am literally getting fired up for next week.

Will be watching the TNT Sports Box Office due to superior commentary and pundits.

6. Bob Flaps

Mar 30, 2019
    Hope the presenters are in training - 14:30 start for a 23:00 ring walk? That's insane!

Beale likes this.
  7. syldave

Apr 11, 2011
    If you are a TNT subscriber I highly recommend you go to Sky’s sports section on the home screen, then boxing and there is a Fury vs Usyk: the breakdown programme, it’s Bunce, Froch, Groves, Wardley, Moore and Woodhall doing what the title says, it’s 45 minutes long and it’s a brilliant preview.

Beale and Bob Flaps like this.
  8. Beale

Beale Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 13, 2023
    Hard going for us viewers and I will need to build up sitting on my arris for next weekend.

Bob Flaps likes this.
  9. Bob Flaps

Mar 30, 2019
    There are 8 fights on the undercard, which is basically 1 an hour. I mean it could work out but going by the card just before Christmas, there could also be about 5 hours of filler involved!

Beale likes this.
  10. syldave

Apr 11, 2011
    During the Fulham Man City game Darren Fletcher on commentary said the actual ppv starts at 5pm, 2:30pm till then is early undercard and is also being shown free to view, but there is a point where a show becomes too stacked for its own good.

Beale likes this.
  11. Bob Flaps

Mar 30, 2019
    Even 5pm is madness for a card that'll likely finish about 12.30. Fletcher earns his money though, he's all over the place just now!

I assume despite being Saudi funded cards, the US and Wembley shows will be set at market-friendly times? Can't see boxing selling tickets in LA if it was mid afternoon.

12. syldave

Apr 11, 2011
    You would assume it’s going to be normal times for London/LA shows, let’s be honest it’s not as if the Saudi public will likely give a damn, we all know it’s sportwashing and as long as the Saudi’s are hearing “his excellency” and the “custodians of the mosques” etc etc and something along the lines of “brought to you by Saudi Arabia” they will be happy.

13. Bob Flaps

Mar 30, 2019
    Well yes, but if that were totally true then there's no reason for Fury-Usyk to be buried in Saudi when big outdoor venues would have been available elsewhere? It's not like Usyk was perturbed in front of 60,000 in London before...

14. syldave

Apr 11, 2011
    That’s a fair point, it seems they are trying to attract tourists out there, I was reading in the week that they are trying to throw money at the the WWE to get WrestleMania out there specifically because it attracts tourists on 3/4 night stays in a similar way that Vegas does with boxing, but then on the flip side they even want to bankroll the redevelopment of the crucible to keep the snooker world championships in Sheffield according to media reports in the week.

Bob Flaps likes this.
  15. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    Tyson Fury the undisputed king of the heavyweight division.