Fury's inactivity

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by bladesman, Feb 11, 2021.

1. NEETzschean

NEETzschean Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 23, 2021
    He never needed to display any more heart than getting up once against Wlad because Wlad completely let him off the hook.

2. Little brian

Little brian Active Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2019
    You said hes never displayed the heart of a champion when on the brink of defeat. Id say getting put on his arse by klitschko is the brink of defeat.

3. NEETzschean

Feb 23, 2021
    Getting up once and keeping your distance for five rounds against an old man doesn't qualify as "heart of a champion".

4. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    To a degree, some fair points

But bottom line is AJ is pretty good.. In fact very good

No other HW has a better chance of beating Fury

The lacing of boots comment is farcical

Twentyman likes this.
  5. Wizbit1013

Mar 17, 2018

So he was "let off the hook" and thats whos fault?, certainly not AJ's

And whats the criteria for heart of a champion?

Im hardly AJ's biggest fan but the guy cant win on here these days

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    Twentyman, DJN16 and Little brian like this.
  6. NEETzschean

Feb 23, 2021
    I'd give Usyk a far better chance of beating Fury as he has the speed, agility, stamina, skill and mental strength to give Fury problems. I don't believe AJ does.

7. Wizbit1013

Mar 17, 2018
    I might have agreed with you up until the Chisora fight

Twentyman likes this.
  8. NEETzschean

Feb 23, 2021
    It wasn't AJ's fault that Wlad didn't go for the kill but AJ didn't get up and attack him as Wlad did, he just backed off for five rounds and prayed that Wlad wouldn't step on the gas and take him out. AJ didn't need to show much heart against Wlad but he needed it against Ruiz and didn't display it. Wilder on the other hand showed huge heart, beaten from pillar to post, gets up from being dropped twice, taking real punishment before the stoppage and furious when the towel was thrown in. He was willing to die in the ring to have a chance to win, AJ wasn't willing to risk being KO'd in one last big effort, so he quit. When the going gets tough, I believe he'll jack again.

9. NEETzschean

Feb 23, 2021
    Usyk struggles with short, mobile pressure fighters and Chisora was very mobile for the first two rounds before he gassed. The cards didn't do justice to the margin of Usyk's points win (far more convincing than Whyte) but if he keeps fighting away he will get ripped off sooner or later.

10. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Fury sounding like he's making excuses and doesn't want to fight AJ. Fury saying that he doesn't mind who he fights as long as its twice this year before he retires. Fury will probably end fighting another 2 more low level opponents like Wallin, Painetta and Schwarz before retiring.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  11. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    If the fights not happening until say July at the earliest can't they get get him a run out in April....

12. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    This content is protected

13. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    There is absolutely nothing probable about that. In fact, it's a ludicrous hypothesis.

What is probable though is your bias, and the likelihood that this is what you want to happen.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  14. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    I've been wanting the AJ vs Fury fight all along and still hope it happens.

However when the likes of Hearn, Warren, Arum and AJ have all stated nothing but positivity about the progress of the talks for the fight and likelhood of it happening.

Now Fury is first to put a negative stance on it as he is worried about his own inactivity leading up to the fight isn't a good look for him. In particular when Takam said the Fury fight for December was all but signed but Furys team pulled out last minute.

ash016 likes this.
  15. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    You're relying on hearsay and using it to project your biases. You just said that Fury will probably face 2 low level opponents and retire.

Regarding the positive spin Hearn and co. have been putting on the negotiations - you have to take such remarks with a spadeful of salt. It is the most basic PR schtick imaginable and I refuse to believe that you believe such rhetoric makes us any wiser to the action negotiations.

Fury is also a massive bullshitter, but I fail to see how there is anything wrong with him stating the obvious is a bad thing. He will be inactive. Everyone who has watched boxing for 5 minutes knows what implications that can have. It is suboptimal. Regarding the Takam bout, nobody knows what happened with that either and taking hearsay to the bank, yet again, is completely foolish. Personally, I have no interest in surmising this and that.

All we know is that the negotiations are ongoing. Promoters and networks are predictably painting a rosy picture. Fury, more than likely, states the truth in that they are no further forward. Fury also expresses his discontent in being inactive. Fury was unable to secure a December bout, for reasons unknown to us.

The whole "Fury wants it, Joshua doesn't" and vice versa, is extremely tiresome. I highly doubt that either man will refuse to compete against the other. Could there presently be a situation where one of them wants the bout more than the other? Yes, natural law dictates so! Who cares, though? These are complicated times and when extraordinary amounts of money are up for grabs, with greedy boxers and even greedier "teams", then it is inevitable that this uncertain landscape will exacerbate an already difficult negotiation.

To sit and say "Fury doesn't want it" or "Joshua doesn't want it" to support a bias, via guesswork, is just pointless.

The only time where one of these boxers was asked about the bout, to which they looked hesitant about their willingness to compete was Joshua following the Pulev bout live on Sky.