Fury's WBC run since...

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Brixton Bomber, May 25, 2023.

1. Throwback

Throwback "Somebody wake up Hicks" Full Member

Jul 11, 2020
    For some reason, I've never seen AJ as an "easy win" for Fury, (a pre Ruiz AJ that is, and a pre wilderness Fury).

A slightly faded Fury that relies on some reflexes, and movement, versus a slightly faded and gunshy AJ? I don't know, I just think it's not as one sided as people think, I've always thought that Joshua's terrific right uppercut would cause issues.

Never thought I'd root for AJ, but Fury is long overdue being brought down a peg or two.....

NullaLexInk, catchwtboxing and marro like this.
  2. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    A Fury defeat would be the best thing for boxing right now, it would either make him hungry to prove everyone wrong and quickly get in fights with the best or he'd just finally clear off, my money would be on the latter, I don't he could cope, mentally, with a loss.

3. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    At this point it looks like Usyk will be going into an undisputed fight off the back of 24 rounds with AJ and however many Dubois gives him. Both big powerful prime motivated heavyweights... Fury must know he'll have just had two glorified spars with plodders Whyte and Chisora.

4. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    I don’t think AJ is accepting the same deal as last year with Fury. Hearn etc know that Fury would much rather face AJ than Usyk. I would be asking for 50/50 personally. Commercially they both need each other. And based off recent form I struggle to give AJ much of a chance, despite my dislike for Fury

5. BrokerNYC

BrokerNYC Nottingham Full Member

Feb 8, 2021
    Fury’s WBC run is horrendous, but that is the nature of the heavyweight game right now.

Apart from Joe Joyce, no one is really fighting competitive 50/50 fights.

Money over legacy at the moment.

Fury AJ would be good but I see Fury beating AJ handily still, I think Wilder AJ is a better fight and Fury Usyk.

I’m pretty sure Fury gets beat by someone we don’t expect soon too, he’s lazy and will probably fight someone like Hunter next who’ll run rings around him for 12 rounds.

Fury’s getting older and doesn’t look after his body between fights, he’s not as genetically gifted as someone like Klitschko or as dedicated as Usyk, I think inactivity and poor decisions have robbed us of Fury’s prime years.

It’s ridiculous to say but Wilder & Usyk will probably turn out to be the standouts of this generation.

6. lamarclark09

lamarclark09 Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2022
  7. Manning

Manning Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 6, 2011
    I think we all expected Fury to clean out the division after the Wlad fight. That was a decade ago. He’s fought one man since who wasn’t a donkey.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  8. Manning

Mar 6, 2011
    It was great fun between Fury and ‘Kingpin’ Johnson before their fight on channel 5. A lot of talk between both men how this fight can’t be missed as one is definitely going to die in the ring as their both going to throw the kitchen sink at it. As it was it turned out to be the worst televised fight I’ve ever seen. Where ‘The Kingpin’ made zero attempts to win a round while Fury threw five punches a round to eek a win on points. That fight has summed up Fury’s career for me. A lot of **** talk about nothing. He started his ‘poor me everyone is against me’ after this fight too. Where he kept lying and saying he was the mandatory being denied a title shot because of this win.

9. Sonny1

Sonny1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    I’m surprised we have so many Fury threads going. It’s so dull.

SeanB1 likes this.
  10. Manning

Mar 6, 2011
    Dubois isn’t even David Price level.