Galahad v Lara

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by tee_birch, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Somali Sanil

Somali Sanil Wild Buffalo Man Full Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Galahad looks good then catches something and runs, I think the Mexican can defo hurt and stop him. I think Lara wins out of nowhere, some shots just missing josh were evil, if he catches anyone they’ll know about it

2. DON1

DON1 ICEMAN Full Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Barry UD.

EJC83 likes this.
  3. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Galahad on points

EJC83 likes this.
  4. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Lara is just a flat footed, one dimensional slugger and Warrington will be kicking himself for not just boxing him to a relatively straight forward decision. The only chance Lara had of winning that fight was if Warrington slugged with him and he naively did exactly that.

Wizbit1013 and moog like this.
  5. sniffmybadger

sniffmybadger Handsome Beef Cake Full Member

Jan 20, 2010
    I was pleasantly surprised by Lara . At 22 he took out an undefeated Warrington convincingly. I 'd still like to see a bit more of him though before I make my mind up on how he stacks up in the division. I think Saturday was a clear case of "styles make fights" Warrington is a pressure fighter that doesn't possess massive power, he overwhelms his opponents and has a great engine and work rate. Lara's stiff jab and well timed counters stopped Warrington in his tracks, he ran out of ideas and couldn't adapt. Warrington did have a bit of success and buzzed him a couple of times in the fight , so there is still a question mark over Lara's defence for me. I'd also like to see how he gets on with someone a bit more elusive and defensively minded than Warrington. I'd favour Lara if he were to fight Galahad, but I think Galahad frustrates him and would not be as easy to hit as Warrington.

Willis Brown likes this.
  6. Donald Donaldson

Donald Donaldson Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Agree with this.

Lara looked a very basic fighter, often fighting like a (almost) novice. One dimensional is a good description. That type of fighter can be easy to frustrate. Galahad is slick and awkward enough to do it over 12 rounds. I would back him to win a fairly wide UD against Lara.

Lara looks a puncher but has so little else going for him...he's too untidy and slow to box to a victory and unless he can hurt Galahad early he will not beat him.

A focused, active, and on his game Josh Warrington would have beaten him comfortably too.

sniffmybadger, moog and Twentyman like this.
  7. Willis Brown

Willis Brown Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Very hard to judge Lara on one showing and whilst before the fight Eddie was hyping him as a dangerous puncher etc. The rest of the Sky team particularly Adam Smith were dismissing him as a slow of foot novice. From my perspective and I have watched the fight again his slow feet didn’t prevent him getting into punching range and controlling the centre of the ring, Josh’s approach no doubt aided this. I was reasonably impressed with Lara’s jab which got through Warrington’s repeatedly and his right counter over Josh’s jab definitely presented problems. On this showing he is the best novice I have ever seen. Yes Galahad would present a harder target to hit if that fight were to happen .

8. Mod-Mania

Mod-Mania Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Galahad UD. He wouldn't trade with Lara like Warrington did.

9. kevinreid001

kevinreid001 Punchdrunk101 Full Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Lara kind of reminded me of breidis prescott. Throws wild hooks has solid power has a good jab but can be outboxed quite comfortably if sensible and stick to a gameplay

10. DavidJames

DavidJames Active Member Full Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Hearn has said Warrington is going for the rematch and that it will be summer in Leeds with a crowd -- they hope

Will be exciting. I think Warrington can turn it around