Galahad was set-up at the presser today

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by coolcat45, Mar 19, 2019.

1. koartist2012

koartist2012 Member Full Member

May 24, 2012
    the lack of knowledge on doping in this country and sport is astounding , roy jones was hunted in the late 90s by a lady called margaret Goldman, and she was testing a little known thing at the time epi testosterone , and before tarver 1 , she arranged regular testing for this substance and jones had to keep his ratio below 4:1, his testing after the griffin 2 fight was near triple digits . His epi test ratios were fine in the buildup to tarver 1 , and she was quoted as saying , lets see if superman still looks like superman saturday . She also basically exposed holyfield long before the evan fields link . shes now headBU of VADA ! Mackie shilstone another longtime s&c coach who bulked jones and spinks upto hw , trained dillashaw in the ufc for last year , hes just been stripped and banned for a year , galahad was guilty , billy joes physique 6 months after being with ingle was also a red flag , even victor conte commented online about billy joe before he popped ... its a merky subject at best !

2. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    His brother who was in jail serving time spiked him after an argument.

3. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    None of which answers the question.

All you've done here is avoid the fact that some offences are worse than others. You have to resort to petty little personal comments rather than face up to the points I've made. It's also very transparent. The reason you don't want to engage is because you know how ridiculous it looks trying to equate selling a bit of weed and cheating via PED's in a sport as dangerous as boxing.

4. TonyHayers

Nov 1, 2018
    Absolutely this.

My personal view is that proven drug cheats in a sport like boxing, where it's not uncommon for people to be seriously injured and, on occasion, killed, should be given lifetime bans and have their records wiped. Sorry, you may have once been a world champion; not anymore, because you're a drug cheat. Lance Armstrong didn't win the Tour de France. Ben Johnson didn't win Olympic gold. And for me, Tyson Fury, to use just one example of a proven drug cheat, won't really ever be a world champion.

It's more luck than judgement that someone hasn't been hurt, but I'd love to know what someone like Twentyman would come out with if one of these drug cheats he so deeply respects put a guy into a coma or worse after being caught cheating. I can only imagine if it was someone like Joshua he'd be calling for a jail sentence. He'd be right to of course, but I'd hope he'd at least see the hypocrisy of his position.

Ultimately, I don't respect any drug cheats in boxing, and find it very hard to understand why some people do. It's literally cheating via putting someone's life at increasing risk.

im sparticus likes this.
  5. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I disagree with you. You keep chunnering on and on making the same point and i’m getting bored with it. Plus, you referred to me as either stupid or a fanboy, which if we were in a real life situation would have me seriously kicking off.

We have a different ‘moral’ compass. I think selling drugs, even if you do play it down like you do by saying ‘a bit of weed’ (do you know the exact amount Tony and how long he’d been doing that?) is very wrong. It’s a criminal offence. However, I still like Joshua. I single him out in posts involving you because you’re obsessed with him.

I don’t know anything about the different kinds of PEDs, unless they’re explained to me. I understand the one Canelo took for example helps to burn fat quicker but that’s only from what people have said on here. So, I trust the people who run the sport to dish out the relevant punishments associated with those drugs (I know they often don’t get this right). Galahad, Whyte, Povetkin, Fury etc served their punishment and are free to box again. That’s enough for me. Just like when a person outside sport gets punished for a criminal offence and serves the punishment...I don’t hold that offence against them forever (unless it’s child abuse, murder or ****) if they’re choosing to try and improve themselves as human beings.

Understand this, Tony, we have different opinions on it. It’s a moral/personal thing...nobody’s right or wrong, so get the f*** off my case.

Furious likes this.
  6. TonyHayers

Nov 1, 2018
    Oh pipe down with the 'if you said this in real life' garbage. If I suggested I thought you were a fanboy because you respect drug cheats in real life you'd 'seriously kick off?' I'd suggest that's rather childish for a bloke of your age.

Anyway, we're clearly not going to agree here. I'm of the opinion that laws and rules are there to be questioned and not just blankly accepted. You see this around the world when laws and rules change. Joshua doing what he did in various states of America, as well as various countries all over Europe and further afield, wouldn't be illegal whatsoever. I happen to think it's absolutely ridiculous that we even have criminal offences around smoking weed. And I'm not dumb enough to just think 'well, he broke the law therefore he's bad.' Maybe the law is bad?

I'll keep pointing out hypocrisy where I see it. I don't respect drug cheats, nor do I respect those who try to pass it off by some comparison to something like smoking or selling weed. Sorry if that prompts you to 'seriously kick off.' Because seriously, I don't care whatsoever. I'll be hoping Galahad gets beaten up because I have no respect for him, and the fewer drug cheats in boxing the better.

im sparticus likes this.
  7. delboy82

delboy82 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2014
    give it a bloody rest man.... you come across like the wee annoying naff in school who always wants to get the last word in when there is a teacher about. you made your point twenty made his accept it and move on. yir boring man!

Furious and Twentyman like this.
  8. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Being called a fanboy doesn’t boil my p*** lad, I don’t see myself as one, it’s being referred to as stupid that sets me off. Aggression on an Internet forum is pointless, i’m just pointing out to you that if that was said to me in real life, you’d be in bother, so you understand just how much you’ve wound me up here. Genuinely, I wouldn’t talk to someone differently online to how i’d talk to them in reality. Of course I have the freedom to do so but then i’d be being a p***k and a keyboard warrior. I don’t want to belittle or disrespect anyone. You
    condescendingly referred to Velagod a few months back as stupid because of his grammar. Once again, you wouldn’t say such a thing in reality or you’d likely get an hand wrapped round your throat. Do you see my point?

Yes, weed is legal in certain contexts in Amsterdam, Canada and a few states around the US. Laws are different all around the world and no matter what your person opinions are on them, they’re there to be adhered to no matter how ridiculous you think they are. For the record, I think weed should be legal too (if controlled like Amsterdam) but that’s a debate for another day on another forum.

Continue to point out the hypocrisies you see, mate. It won’t make people warm to you though. Some things you’re best just letting slide because being hypocritical is part of our nature anyway, including yours.

im sparticus likes this.