Garcia: I only lost on paper to Thurman

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by jmashyaka, Feb 12, 2018.

Was the Thurman vs Garcia fight highly contested?

1. Yes, Danny should have got the decision

2. Yes, it could of gone either way

3. No, it was a clear Thurman win

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. dougemerypm

dougemerypm Active Member Full Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Danny Garcia does not have the hand speed or foot speed to be a major player at 147 lbs. Angel always accuses everyone of "running" but the fact is Thurman and others recognize that movement completely negates Danny's power. He can fight one style and the opponent has to be willing to stand and slug with him? World class boxers will realize that they can beat Danny without slugging it out with him.

chitownfightfan and jmashyaka like this.
  2. jmashyaka

jmashyaka Boxing Addict Full Member

May 7, 2016
    Nevertheless there are some good fights for him. Garcia vs Porter would be a fun fight, Garcia vs Matthyse rematch, Garcia vs Horn all would be fun too.

chitownfightfan likes this.
  3. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    I had it 8-4 for Thurman but like many have already said if Thurman didn't coast he could of won 10-2 / 9-3. After the big right Thurman landed early I thought he was on his way to stopping Garcia who showed a great chin.

chitownfightfan and jmashyaka like this.
  4. Lazar

Lazar Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 3, 2016
    On paper? As opposed to what? His dreams?

Garcias are such sore losers.

5. J Jones

J Jones Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2017
    Are you sure Angel is okay taking a backseat? Something tells me he wouldn’t be...lol!

jmashyaka likes this.
  6. Raider Rudy

Raider Rudy Active Member Full Member

Mar 14, 2008
    I had it 8-4 for Thurman. Garcia’s luck finally ran out after some gift decisions. His power has always been overated too!

7. JohnnyDrama99

JohnnyDrama99 Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 24, 2012
    Competitive....not exactly “close” . Thurman clearly won. Underwhelmingly....but he won nonetheless. Danny knows it too....he’s just incapable of accepting he legitimately lost. A lot of boxers have this same problem especially when they aren’t knocked out or completely outclassed

8. KO KIDD

KO KIDD Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 5, 2009
    I've been a loyal Garcia fam for years but the way he carried himself in defeat has been frustrating

kind of like jacobs after golovkin, cry foul then rather than stay in the limelight just complain you were robbed and sit out for a long time until people forget about you then when you do fight again fight an over matched guy in a fight that proves nothing

haymon has Spence porter Broner berto ugas all better choices yet he fights none of these guys

9. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I can't stand Danny Garcia or his father! He lost that fight!