Garcia only a 4 to 1 underdog against Spence

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by tinman, Jan 10, 2019.

1. mafioso

mafioso Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 10, 2013
    you dont know what out on his feet mean gtfo.even when he was hurt in the 9th round he was faaaar from out on his feet

2. GK BOX

GK BOX Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Spence is going to merk that boy

3. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Mikey is technically a better fighter than Spence and he rightfully sits above him in the P4P rankings but Spence seems like a real beast at 147, could easily go up a weight. If the gulf in class between them was alot i could see the quality of Garcia making a difference but Spence is good, good enough to work his own openings and taking his chances and hurt Garcia.

I usually want Spence to win, hes one of my favourite fighters right now but it would be some achievement by Garcia i already know im guna side with him on this one.

Greg Price and bandeedo like this.
  4. PernellSweetPea

PernellSweetPea Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 26, 2009
    I don't think it is a mismatch. Garcia is a champion of boxing and he is good and Spence is really not too proven yet in the professional ranks. I actually would think it would be more like 3-1

5. Alo2006

Alo2006 R.I.P Sean Taylor Full Member

Jun 28, 2006
    That's because people are buying into the hype that Garcia will win. I'm a fan of Garcia, but he ain't beating Spence! I think after the 3rd or 4th round, Robert Garcia will be force to stop the fight because of Spence punishment increasing.

6. PernellSweetPea

PernellSweetPea Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Forget the weight. How do you see the fight speed vs. speed.

7. panchman69

panchman69 Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Mikeys movement is very hard to keep up with. He makes fighters move in directions where theyre unable to counter him. Spence will eat shots no doubt about it.

8. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Unless Spence gets a nasty cut over an eye, injuries and a shoulder, etc. I cannot see how this fight ends well for Garcia.

9. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    I got crawford as a slight favor.

10. dealt_with

dealt_with Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Mikey is so overrated it’s unbelievable. That other four weight division champ Broner took more rounds off Garcia than he did against old, shot Pac-Man. People don’t understand Garcia’s real level, he is not an elite fighter and he hasn’t fought anyone. He was getting beat down by Salido before he quit, he ducked Linares and Lomachenko. This is a cash out fight that he has no hope of winning. I think he’ll retire afterwards with the satisfaction that he pulled the wool over peoples eyes and had people thinking he was an elite fighter. He is Danny Garcia level at best.

11. Reg

Reg Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 5, 2016
    So, bet money on Spence and profit or bet money on Garcia and lose it all. Easy choice.

12. Rilz

Rilz Ball don't lie! Full Member

Aug 5, 2007
    That's being a bit hard on the guy. He has also looked spectacular along the way as well, let's not forget.

13. dealt_with

dealt_with Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Against who? I’ve just seen mediocre power, decent fundamentals, low level athleticism and losing rounds against guys elite level guys don’t lose rounds to.

14. inner2deepz

inner2deepz Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Garcia gonna have mfers on here committing suicide. F it I’m going Garcia let’s ban bet who’s game. If the Cleveland Cavs can beat the Warriors in 7 games. Then Garcia can beat Spence.

RyoriSan likes this.
  15. RyoriSan

RyoriSan New Member Full Member

Dec 10, 2018
    It's not unusual for a fighter like Mikey to lose rounds though, he's mindful, cerebral calculating. Even FMJr had a habit of giving away rounds to figure out his opponent.

(No, I'm not saying MG is the second coming.)