Garcia v Spence on ITV4 2:00 am, Sunday morning.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by crixus85, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Awful beating there
    Ever since the Broner fight I've been undecided about Garcia
    He won that of course but that was typical Broner
    Come for the payday and survive

He looked quite one dimentional then and even more so tonight

Mikey although tough just isn't p4p in my eyes

2. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    There’s no hype train there, he’s the real deal.

Gatekeeper and Wizbit1013 like this.
  3. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Pretty much turned out the way I thought it would although said possibly a late stoppage for spence

Not a great fight, Garcia too slow and struggled to get past the jab for most of it.

I don’t think Manny can do an awful lot better against spence, maybe force and land a bit more.

I’d rather see spence vs crawford, porter or Thurman next

Gatekeeper, Scissors and Wizbit1013 like this.
  4. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Never really understood the Garcia hype.

5. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Don't beat yourself up, 20. A smaller guy with a lower workrate rarely beats a bigger guy with a higher workrate. Just ask frampton! :)

Twentyman likes this.
  6. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I don’t think Pacquiao lasts the distance. Spence is absolutely quality and is only going to get better. Pacquiao should’ve and did retire years ago.

Wizbit1013 and anjawnaymiz like this.
  7. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I'll be disappointed if Spence fights Pacquiao next. Spence vs Crawford is what I want to see and if that can't get made due to politics, then I'd rather see Spence vs Thurman or Porter, both who are with PBC, so no reason why they can't be made. I'd rather see Pacquiao down at 140 or 135 fighting guys his own size.

Scissors likes this.
  8. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Spence acting a bit too butthurt by calling out every black boxing legend who picked against him. Why should they pick Errol just because he's black? He's close to developing the same chip on his shoulder that Mayweather had.

9. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Funny no one uses this height advantage excuse when Callum Smith is beating down on guys 10 inches shorter than him :lol:

10. murphman22

murphman22 Active Member Full Member

Jul 26, 2004
    It was just horrendous matchmaking on paper and even more so in hindsight. There is a reason I wasn’t really looking forward to it. Mikey is a 135lbs fighter moving to 140lbs. Going up against a high skilled, heavy handed, monster at 147 - who will be at light middle sooner rather than later. There is legitimately two weight classes between the pair.

I was intrigued as to how Garcia would approach it as I thought they must have some form of gameplan or seen a weakness in Spence. Turns out they didn’t. Credit to Spence either way.

I’m so sick of these one sided matches between World Class talents, especially when we aren’t getting the top fighters at their respective weights in the first place (Spence v Crawford, Garcia v Loma for example).

I seriously can’t understand why Team Garcia took the fight when they have other options and their guy was an undefeated p4p. The likes of Brook (cash grab) and Rigo (avoided) had their reasons but look how their careers have gone from that point. The punishment taken coupled with issues trying to lose unnecessary weight/muscle will likely have a detrimental impact on what they do from now on. It’s just a nonsense.

Gatekeeper, Scissors, Smudge_ and 3 others like this.
  11. Sonny1

Sonny1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Don’t mean to be negative just after his win last night, but agree with this post 100%. Spence is not in the conversation for top 5 p4p yet.

12. Sonny1

Mar 11, 2013
    Why are you bringing Khan up? We are talking about Errol Spence ffs.

You prob have him on the brain 24/7. Get a life.

Darni187 and 305th like this.
  13. Sonny1

Mar 11, 2013
    You could make an argument that Brook was also being avoided by most when he took that fight. Plus Hearn has done a rubbish job getting him the fights he actually wants.

14. 305th

305th Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 28, 2018
    Same mate.

Getting real jaded lately about the politics and business side completely stomping all over decent matchmaking now. There's always a ****ing excuse why the two best in a division can't fight each other for whatever reason and always a reason why some old/fat/small opponent "is the best possible opponent" and most lap it up.

There's being positive and there's knowing that you're having your pants pulled down.

Someone posted in the general yesterday about Garcia just cashing out and it was spot on. I knew as soon as I read it what Mikey I'd see in the ring ie. one going in to survive the 12 knowing beforehand he was completely outgunned.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    Gatekeeper likes this.
  15. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Khan was mentioned I replied
    And Khan as said he would fight Spence
    It's a boxing forum
    Talk about fighters on a boxing forum how dare I

Sonny1 likes this.