Garcia VADA Fail

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, May 1, 2024.

1. Beale

Beale Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 13, 2023
    There should be a life ban for anyone failing a test in this dangerous sport.

No excuses.

bbjc and boxberry92 like this.
  2. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    Well, I just meant getting supplements tested and the B sample checked, all above board. Whatever else goes on is secondary - Benn and White were supposedly innocent and being wronged but never (openly) wanted any further insight into their tests.

3. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    I agree but sadly the sloppy precedents have been set in this joke of a sport.

You get 4x the ban in football for getting caught with sniff in your system.

Fireman Fred and Beale like this.
  4. alpo1

alpo1 #TeamShanny Full Member

Dec 10, 2005
    Fireman Fred likes this.
  5. boxberry92

boxberry92 Member Full Member

Jun 22, 2008
    I agree with this, boxing isn't cycling and as much as I wanted Garcia to win pre-fight and was happy he won, Haney did take a beat down in that fight, especially during the later rounds. If it's found he cheated he needs to receive a life-ban, and let's be honest, Garcia was full of gas in the later rounds, despite missing weight by over three pounds, so something doesn't add-up.

Plus when you start seeing how some of these fighters from a decade ago are now starting to sound, they need to be protected. I watched this video below of Shane Mosely today and it sound's like CTE is starting to impact his speech already.

This content is protected

His face looks strange too, maybe that's a result of his own PED usage over the year or some cosmetic procedure gone wrong, but when you see fighters like him, Terry Norris and Meldrick Taylor etc something really needs to be done about this as well as the greedy promotors ruining the sport.

Hearn, shaming Garcia yet remaining adamant in his defence of Benn, just sums up the corruption at every level of the sport, and there seems no length they will goto these days.

As Gevonta said you really wouldn't put pass a promoter fitting someone-up.

Fireman Fred and Beale like this.
  6. Sonny1

Sonny1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Shane went on far too long and had more wars than most us probably realise.

Fireman Fred and boxberry92 like this.