Garcia vs Campbell... Was the fix in?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Braindamage, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    All the judges had Garcia winning more rounds at the time of stoppage. 2 judges had Garcia winning every round except the 2nd, where Garcia got dropped. The other judge had Campbell winning the 2nd and 4th. Which means it was even going into the 7th. I have not had the opportunities to rewatch. I did have Garcia winning most of the rounds and like the score of 4 rounds to 2 Garcia and even at the time of the stoppage.. Any objections?

2. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Cambell was on top and then Garcia made adjustments while Cambell tightened up and couldn`t operate as fluidly.

shza, MURK20 and Braindamage like this.
  3. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    No, those are all reasonable scorecards. Going into the 7th, anything from 5-1, 4-2 or 3-3 was acceptable.

oldcanvasback, KO KIDD, shza and 4 others like this.
  4. Ilesey

Ilesey ~ Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
  5. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    4-2 is what I had. Just don't like the commentary. Luke was landing some good shots from the start and nothing was really mentioned. He landed about 3 lefts before he dropped Garcia.

6. FrankinDallas

FrankinDallas Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Yes, it was fixed. Campbell deliberately placed his liver on Garcia's left hand and went down. It didn't hurt at all; he fell down
    faking pain. He had bet on a 7th round Garcia KO. Bookies in the UK have admitted this bet.

KO KIDD and Wizbit1013 like this.
  7. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Oh...you mean "was the robbery in?". Fix implies you thought Campbell took a huge body shot and only pretended to be devastated by it. :crazylick:

But no, those cards aren't that bad.

8. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    I don't think so. I thought Campbell was doing well to block a lot of power shots, but he wasn't exactly landing too much in return so Ryan could have won rounds based on aggression plus the punches he did land.

Braindamage likes this.
  9. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    No Garcia just whooped Campbell's ass

10. DynamicMoves

DynamicMoves Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2010
    No.
    Any more stupid questions?

11. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    No,,,,cards were about right . I was a little surprised that Campbell didn't go after Garcia more aggressively after he dropped him, I thought Garcia was numbed for a good moment or two.

Dairygivesmegas likes this.
  12. KernowWarrior

KernowWarrior Bob Fitzsimmons much bigger brother. Full Member

Jul 12, 2012
    No fix, Cambell tested Garcia, Garcia passed the test, Garcia rightly moves on and Cambell can hold his head high, though he might want to protect his liver.

13. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    No, I think Garcia other than with a few hiccups was winning rounds legitimately

14. hoopsman

hoopsman Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2005
    Agreed. While I felt at the time that the bout was very competitive, I believed Garcia was landing (in general) the more consequential shots. The kid has a bright future, but I would pump the brakes on any notion of putting him in with Lopez or Loma for the time being.

IntentionalButt likes this.
  15. Dodgy Syrup

Dodgy Syrup Active Member banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2019
    What does Campbell have to gain by obliging Golden Boy's...errr...golden boy?

Money?

There are some people who can't be bought - you know that, OP, right?

Campbell makes much more money in the medium to long term winning the fight than he does taking a dive.

I've heard the rumours regarding Canelo, well more specifically his team and a possible link to certain organised crime groups in Mexico.

There is a possibility, I guess, that opponents are threatened somewhat...but it's unlikely, and I've seen nothing concrete.