Garcia vs Campbell... Was the fix in?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Braindamage, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Boomstick

Boomstick Active Member Full Member

Nov 23, 2020
    Clearly there was a backroom agreement between Golden boy and Campbell’s liver.

Cursed corrupt internal organs.

2. Scorpion

Scorpion Boxing Addict Full Member

May 9, 2006
    Man even the round Campbell knocked Garcia down he only won 10-9 on one of the judges scorecards. Golden boy fighters up 6 rounds before fights even start.

3. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Did you read my OP? I'm speaking in terms of the judges cards, not if Campbell took a dive.

4. Boomstick

Nov 23, 2020
    Yeah, I read it. It’s basic. It’s inflammatory speculation. The cards reflecred the reality of rhe fight. Garcia landed harder, more often throughout the fight. Campbell was competitive in most of the rounds, and scored the KD. That was the only round he clearly won.

5. Braindamage

Oct 1, 2011
    Not speculation. It's a question. As I stated in my OP, I had Garcia ahead on rounds and agreed with the judges, except the judge that scored the 2nd 10-9.

6. Perkin Warbeck

Perkin Warbeck Boxing aficionado banned Full Member

Nov 4, 2017
    The commentary from Chris Mannix was (as always) really poor. He doesn't have the ability to be fair and objective.

7. Boomstick

Nov 23, 2020
    Come on. You know it’s a loaded question designed to invite the very speculation you deny making.

There are many outlier cards that don’t indicate a fix.

I’d say it would indicate any number of things, that would explain it better than the idea of a fix.

8. VG_Addict

VG_Addict Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 13, 2012
    You've obviously never been punched in the liver.

9. Braindamage

Oct 1, 2011
    Seriously, I was just curious if people had something completely different than the judges. If you've been around here for awhile, you should know that people have a diffrent view than the judges all the time. Fights, to me, that are clear, are argued about all the time by fans that saw the fight diffrent than the judges. It doesn't seem to be the case with this fight.

10. Dairygivesmegas

Dairygivesmegas New Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2021
    I dont think it's a ridiculous question. Boxing is fraught with absurd score cards. You dont have to look back very far in big fights to see them. In politics as well as sports, you want to believe there is a fair system in place. People will cheat when they have the opportunity.

That being said. The score cards seemed pretty reasonable to me in this fight.

11. PernellSweetPea

PernellSweetPea Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 26, 2009
    If it can be proven then that would be the thing, but it rarely is. If there no proof then it is just imagination and being upset people don't get their way. And once this kind of idea is started then it is an everytime thing. The corruption is the reason and here we go again is the usual explanation.

Braindamage likes this.
  12. JohnJax

JohnJax Member Full Member

Dec 5, 2020
    By this logic, what close fight would you not considered being fixed?

13. Braindamage

Oct 1, 2011
    I don't think this fight was fixed. I am asking if people think it was. Read my post. I plainly state that my score was aligned with the judges. Read many of my other posts. I very rarely cry robbery or corruption. Off the top of my head, I can only recall crying robbery on a few fights. Pac/Bradley 1, Gonzalez/Sorenvesai 1 and Pac/Horn. So, don't categorize me as one of those guys that cry foul everytime their hero loses.