Gary Lockett

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Fat Tony, Oct 2, 2007.

1. dwilson

dwilson Guest

Lockett is decent and he should be around getting a chance for a title shot soon but for Eastmans belts not Arthurs. I hope he does get a world title shot though.

2. rooq

rooq Rooq's Boxing Promoter Full Member

Jan 16, 2007
    i agree....the lockett of old wouldn't have stood a chance, but the enzo effect can be amazing.

3. dwilson

dwilson Guest

Lockett is currently ranked 3rd by the WBO and 13th bythe IBF. Why I do not know but this thing usually happens when a fighter is wanting an easy defence so some guy is plucked out of nowhere and gien a good ranking position such as Gunn and Ree's.

4. rooq

rooq Rooq's Boxing Promoter Full Member

Jan 16, 2007
    number 2 by the WBO, with the number 1 slot vacant now Pavlik is the champ.

not that the wbo are reknowned for enforcing mandatories on popular boxers, but pavlik could opt for what he thinks of as an easy defence before maybe getting a money-spinning rematch with taylor or even miranda

5. dwilson

dwilson Guest

Any knowledge of how he has managed to gain these placings? His oponents are decent but not good enough to justify such lofty ratings. It does seems he has been chosen from the many to be someones asy defence and I do hope that he gets it, good look to him.

6. Big Ears

Big Ears Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2005
    I think you mean Elcock not Eastman .

7. dwilson

dwilson Guest

**** you ******* i was trying to avoid the result of the fight so i could read it in boxing news. Anyway no mind th postel strike will stop me from reading about for awhile.

8. Tom_Tocca

Tom_Tocca The Provider Full Member

Dec 10, 2005
    I would love to see Enzo Calzaghe and Ulli Wegner getting it on in the ring instead of their respective fighters :yep .

9. eddie007

eddie007 Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2007
    What a ****ing joke Lockett better than Miranda...Pavlik not very good....wake up you mug.
    That is simply the most stupid thing i have ever heard on a boxing forum. UNBELIEVABLE

10. Big Ears

Big Ears Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Apologies but if you looked a little further down the thread topic page you would have seen 'Elcock defeats Eastman!'........surely you expected to see the result while posting on a boxing forum(and specifically a British section) ?

11. UndisputedUK

UndisputedUK Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 20, 2006
    The rocket man won't go to Germany to fight Abraham, when a vacant WBO title shot is not too far away. ;)

12. dwilson

dwilson Guest

Its like when your witing to watch the football highlights and it comes up on the news so you have to close your eyes and put your hands over your ear's while making dodgy noises to drown the newscaster and you stop a second too early and see them or flick over channels and see their news as well.

13. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    He has good speed, power and strength. Calzaghe will give him good skills. He doesn't have championship experiences and he has trouble with lesser fighters. However this can be said of Rees.

I'll be rooting for him.

14. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Who's the mug now?:patsch

I would give a serious reply but It seems fans like you lack any seriousness.

15. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Miranda hasn't beaten anyone good, Eastman was his best win and even that was a controversial stoppage and It was close on the cards too. He had Abraham's Jaw broken and couldn't even take advatage of It.

Pavlik's defence Is horrible and he comes forward taking shots to give shots back being just a brawler who won't be anything special.

Why do boxing fans take opinions so seriously and resort to going unbelievable and you mug? Some fans are terrible sometimes.

As for Lockett I didn't say he was better than Pavlik, only Miranda. Miranda's record Is full of journymen wins and Eastman.