Gary Sykes Twitter

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Patter983, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Patter983

Patter983 Active Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2018
    Guy looks like he is struggling bad , he hasn’t slept for days and is just coming out with all sorts of rubbish!

Sad to see.

DavidBarnes and im sparticus like this.
  2. DavidBarnes

DavidBarnes Member banned Full Member

Dec 8, 2019
    He went to rehab a few months ago. Sad to hear he is still struggling.

im sparticus likes this.
  3. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Don't think this lockdown is helping him.
    I know a few people who's mental health is suffering since the restrictions were introduced.
    Funny cos I rewatched his fight with Andy Morris,for the British title the night before his first posts appeared where it was obvious something wasn't right.
    What a great fight it was . The ref might as well of watched from ringside , cos he didn't have to utter a word to either fighters.
    Non stop action from start to end.
    Sykes had a great engine , Morris was a good technical boxer, quite ring smart as well.
    Hope he gets some help.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  4. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    You can tell from his Twitter that he is really suffering. An increase in mental health issues was a predictable consequence of shutting down the country like this. No doubt this isn’t even a consideration for the muppets in charge of the country.

His 1 million burpee challenge is truly bizarre. But exercise maybe his way of escaping his issues.

Patter983 and im sparticus like this.
  5. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Never forgot Buckland sparking him and him getting up looking at his corner team in the ring and he says Wtf just happened
    Shame he's mental health is slipping as he certainly needs the help

Patter983 likes this.
  6. DON1

DON1 ICEMAN Full Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Sad to see, I really hope he can get some more help. He was a cracking boxer, it's just a shame these warriors are left to the waste side when their career ends. Just like war vets, gone and forgotten. Really sad. Put their lives on the line.

LoadedGlove, Patter983 and Holler like this.
  7. ShadesOfAli

ShadesOfAli Active Member Full Member

Sep 3, 2019
    Apparently he had a mental breakdown and ended up breaking a police officers cheek bone

8. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    This is really sad, the fact he was suppose to go to a rehab at the end of March but because of the lockdowns he couldn't go is tragic and sickening.

I'm gutted for him, he obviously tried to get help, tried to sort himself out and because of circumstances ended up blowing out and now will be in serious trouble.

I really do hope the courts (I'm assuming after breaking a police officers face it will be going to court) take this in to account when he is dealt with.

I've read and seen this sort of thing before, somebody spins out and hits a member of the public and because they have mental health issues are given room to recover and not sent to prison.

Then somebody with similar issues just pushes (not joking, pushes) a police officer and ends up doing 6 months, just because it's a police officer.

I hope he gets the help he obviously needs and comes out of this without having his life ruined.

LoadedGlove likes this.
  9. ShadesOfAli

ShadesOfAli Active Member Full Member

Sep 3, 2019
    Well that’s it, he pleads guilty on grounds of insanity and gets the much lesser punishment.

Fine and CS if he’s lucky.

N17 likes this.
  10. Patter983

Patter983 Active Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2018
    Wow very sad to hear!

N17 likes this.
  11. DavidBarnes

DavidBarnes Member banned Full Member

Dec 8, 2019
    A little 6 months in pen could be good for him.

12. Little brian

Little brian Active Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2019
    COULD be good. Could be the worst thing ever for him. I know what you mean though. Everybody's different.

Hope he will be ok.

13. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Or it could be the final straw. Too many people have killed them selves inside.

LoadedGlove and DavidBarnes like this.
  14. LoadedGlove

LoadedGlove Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 6, 2019
    Worst place for him to be in that mental state. Even Cat C prisons these days are full of horrible little scrubs from some gang or other.

15. LoadedGlove

LoadedGlove Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 6, 2019
    Where is everyone when this happens to Fighters ? They're everyone's mate when they're winning or even just a local celeb because they are Boxers.

Somali Sanil likes this.