Gavin Rees first title defence

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by UndisputedUK, Aug 5, 2007.

1. UndisputedUK

UndisputedUK Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 20, 2006
    Can anyone speculate on who will be the first challenger for Gavin Rees' WBA title this year? :huh

2. LeedsLad

LeedsLad Active Member Full Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Kotelnik is his mando i think, i dont think he would win that fight though. I think there's a fairly decent chance he wont be fighting anyone too taxing next..

3. rooq

rooq Rooq's Boxing Promoter Full Member

Jan 16, 2007
    call me crazy, but i'm actually thinking that rees could actually successfully defend the title with a little help from Mr Warren. he just needs another slow one-dimensional come-forward fighter who he can easily counter all night.

4. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    You described Kotelnik.:D

5. rooq

Jan 16, 2007
    i've only seen kotelniks draw against mbaye so wasn't sure if that was a fair reflection of his abilities.

6. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Kotelnik is a good fighter. A tough mandatory for Rees. I'll be rooting for Rees again. Rees may be hitting the scene like Marciano. Marciano was looked upon as this small guy who was raw with no skills. Then people begun to realise he was strong, tough and made his small stature work for him defensively.

Who knows.

7. sean

sean pale peice of pig`s ear Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    frank warren is currently scouring boxing rec looking for a 5.2 light welter version of bobby gunn

8. BigEars

BigEars Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 30, 2006
    Why not just get the real Bobby Gunn and have him lose that excess weight , he'd probably make Light-Welter :p

9. dwilson

dwilson Guest

Ree's is going to defend against Kotilink then destroy everyone before moving up to middle.

10. mmickyward

mmickyward Member Full Member

Jul 2, 2006
    hes going to make a voluntary first.Expect warren to find a very beatable fighter. Ive still got the feeling that somehow kahn will end up fighting rees for this belt

11. Vantage_West

Vantage_West ヒップホップ·プロデューサー Full Member

Jul 11, 2006
    joel casamayor. i would like a three wieght world champion in 3 of boxing strongest divisions.

please let it be so

12. Team_Calzaghe

Team_Calzaghe New Member Full Member

May 23, 2007

I'd very much like to see this fight since I know Gavin will knock Amir Khan clean out.

As long as Gav remains focused, maintains his discipline and trains hard then I'm very sure he will be will be around for a long time.

Regards,

John :good

13. rooq

Jan 16, 2007
    :lol:

khan gets put down by an experienced but feather-fisted commonwealth champ and suddenly anyone can knock khan clean out.

rees won't be knocking anyone out.

14. Taffyy

Taffyy Active Member Full Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Gavin is a sound fella & at the end of the day he took his opportunity with both hands.............Instead of praising him for beating what was put in front of him against all the odds ALOT of fight fans are just taking the **** out of him..............I have watched most of his fights & he does what he does...........give him some credit for ****s sake because I think he may go to suprise a few people......

15. stake501

stake501 Active Member Full Member

Apr 7, 2007
    I give Gavin credit for winning the crown and for any subsequent defence he makes....I also think he will make one or two depending on the matchmaking of course.

What still puzzles me is how he got his shot in the first place (over other more worthy brits).