Gavin Rees

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by "He's gone!", Jan 5, 2008.

1. Vantage_West

Vantage_West ヒップホップ·プロデューサー Full Member

Jul 11, 2006
    kotelnik was to fight mbaye after he was robbed of a title so the wba ordered that a rematch be insued. and in the meanwhile as a stay busy fight mbaye was beaten convincingly by rees. now the wba have to pass that order on to rees as they were truely ****ed when you have a rematch for a man who has just lost the title so kotty is now fighting rees.

it isnt about fighting bums or anything it's just that rees has to fight this guy by the organisation that has given him the belt.

2. Beeston Brawler

Beeston Brawler Comical Ali-egedly Full Member

Jan 9, 2008
    It makes a change for a Frank Warren fighter to win his first world title with a body other than the WBO - what the hell was going on there?

3. robpalmer135

robpalmer135 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jun 29, 2007
    Hes got the WBA wrapped up now, how do you think Skelton got title shot???

4. jc

jc Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 9, 2004
    Love him or hate him, if your a young pro, there really is only one option when it comes to joining a promotion and that SportsNetwork.

5. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Yes perhaps if you want the easy $$ but if you want to build a sturdy following, and be well managed and tested along the way VIP are the best up and coming promotional outfit in the country.

6. jc

jc Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 9, 2004
    Ricky managed an sturdy following with Frank, he may have wasted some of his peak but still had a following.

7. robpalmer135

robpalmer135 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jun 29, 2007
    If i was a decent amateur about to go pro, i would sign a 10 fight deal with Sports Network, see where i was at the end, then sign for another 5 or move on.