Gennady Gennadyevich Golovkin vs. Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam: do we still want it? More than ever perhaps?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Mar 23, 2019.

Who is up for this?

1. I wouldn't mind this match-up, have always felt that way.

29.7%
  2. I used to want it but now I don't care.

24.3%
  3. I would love this match-up, have always felt that way.

10.8%
  4. I have warmed up to it and think now is the right time for it.

2.7%
  5. I didn't actually have either of them on my radar when they were "rivals" but want it now.

2.7%
  6. Golovkin on points

2.7%
  7. Golovkin by stoppage

56.8%
  8. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. N'Dam N'Jikam on points

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. N'Dam N'Jikam by stoppage

5.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Dance84

Dance84 Unicorn and seastar land Full Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Ndam can move man he's not easy to stop man he's been in there with khurtside Lemieux ,Curtis stevens, murata the guy has felt power before and ndam has one hell of a chin and heart . This fight I always wanted to see. **** this ain't no bum bash . This is a respectable opponent imo

IntentionalButt likes this.
  2. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    You're approaching 40k posts herol still waiting for a good one.

Scratchlin and CST80 like this.
  3. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    tell me how it feels since u gone past 40k.

4. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Brilliant however all my posts have been good.

CST80 likes this.
  5. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    u must know the feeling you gone past 40k.
    ah so u pretended i asked a different question, ok. so i ignore yours too. fair is fair.

6. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    It's a better fight than Adams for sure.

7. Scratchlin

Scratchlin Makhmudov Terrifies your favourite Heavweight banned Full Member

Mar 18, 2019
    Because Sturm was avoiding Golovkin the WBA ordered the #1 and #2 guys in Golovkin and N'Dam N'Jikam to fight for the WBA Regular title. N'Dam ducked and was rewarded with an Interim title which he milked for 2 years. During that time he backed out of two more fights and purse bids while still being allowed to hold his bogus belt. Finally when Golovkin signed with K2 and had some clout the WBA actually enforced it and when the 4th attempt to unify was made N'Dam dropped his belt. Horrendous, horrendous duck job.

@Serge knows

greenhornet and fistsof steel like this.
  8. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    That he was in a position where the opportunity (and expectation) to have fought GGG but didn't is undeniable... but I'm not sure how much if any of that was reluctance on the part of HNN personally as opposed to boxing politics. I mean yeah if you want to say a duck is a duck regardless of the circumstances, fine, but not everything is so black and white. I doubt Hassan ever peed his pants at sound of Gennady's name...whereas I have no problem imagining just such a yellow puddle at the feet of Adnan Catic (aka Felix Sturm)

greenhornet likes this.
  9. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Since you can't (even as the Hornet's biggest fan beyond Oz's borders) possibly believe Horn punches harder than guys like Murata/Lemieux/Quillin/Stevens (or even Murray/Zuniga/Khurtsidze) that means you think HNN is fairly well shot. You think he's more diminished from his prime than GGG? Because honestly a true prime GGG doesn't have close enough fights against Canelo to get robbed twice, IMO. He mangles him.

10. greenhornet

greenhornet Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 14, 2016
    in the prison yard? like the old james scott fights in the early eighties.

11. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    I'm not 100% convinced Andrade > N'Dam.

CST80 likes this.
  12. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Yeah, I think he's pretty well shot, and his powers of recovery aren't what they used to be. Also Horn is more skilled than Murata/Lemieux/Quillin/Stevens, o he could actually get in and out and land clean hard shots at a more regular basis, which would hasten Hassan's demise, and lead to a stoppage victory. As far as GGG goes, yeah I think he's got far more left than N'Dam, and I think this version of Canelo does a number on N'Dam as well. Canelo hasn't improved by leaps and bounds, but he has improved greatly. And let's be honest, Canelo has a next level chin. Also GGG has slipped, but not nearly as much as most people think he has.

13. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Fair enough. So you've soured that much on Murata then? Or was your esteem of Horn's skill always higher than you even believed Murata's to be with his zero (and maximum hype) intact?

CST80 likes this.
  14. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    I've never been overly sold on the skillset of Murata, I just liked him and how much of a bulldozer he is, but skillset for skillset, Horn is always been a little better than Murata.

15. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    :thumbsup:

I mean...he wasn't the amateur sensation Murata was, and never got the high quality management, coaching and sparring that goes with that, and (in part because of that) he probably is less accurate overall - but he does have more wrinkles in his game that probably make him a more complete pro. I don't see Horn being dissected quite as easily by a Rob Brant - he would at least have the dirty ass infighting stashed in his butt pocket, whereas if you take away Murata's plan A he just pulls a Keanu Reeves "huh" face. :sisi1

CST80 likes this.