Gennady Gennadyevich Golovkin vs. Sergey Vyacheslavovich Derevyanchenko RBR

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Oct 5, 2019.

1. JacK Rauber

JacK Rauber Try not to offend, try harder not to be offended Full Member

Oct 20, 2013
    I unfortunately was unable to post as the fight unfolded but to me anyway GGG didn't look right even when he entered the ring.

I thought overall it was a VERY close fight. GGG landed the harder punches, SD was very active. But I thought GGG blocked A LOT of SD's punches. GGG was flat and did not appear to have his normal fire. Age is showing.

Candidly, this decision seemed to be a bit of a payback for the two Canelo fights. Fans overwhelmingly thought GGG won both Canelo fights, the second one being closer, but maybe GGG got the nod as kind of a payback. This fight was all about setting up a 3rd GGG-Canelo fight. If ever in doubt on a decision, follow the money.

If I were SD I would be very disappointed with the loss. No reason to hang his head.

minemax and ElCyclon like this.
  2. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Why? He put in a magnificent effort, gave it his all, took GGG to the brink more than anyone has before, and lost close on the cards to the better man. You should be proud and happy for him.

Serge and JacK Rauber like this.
  3. Zulawski

Zulawski The Fistic Pariah Full Member

Jun 29, 2017
    This content is protected

4. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Diablo's still active??!

5. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Just watched R3 and posted this in a PM:

Cool...so here's how I'm gonna do this, for expediency's and efficiency's sake, since I'm sleepy as hell, but also this might be a brilliant innovation on my part that revolutionizes how we score (at least after the fact, maybe not practical in real-time :lol:)

I'm going to watch, from 11:12 into that video until 14:12, bell to bell, and I'm going to watch like a hawk and keep my fingers on the "g" and "d" buttons on my keyboard (with a floating digit on the "b", as will become clear in a moment).

Any feints or misses, I am outright ignoring. They do typically factor into scoring, at least in a subtle way as part of generalship and defense, but...here, I'm focusing just on connects. Blocked shots, unless they are less than 75% blocked, I am disregarding as well. So if a jab thuds into a fighter's pinkies or is trapped between his gloves, I'm not counting it even if strategically it set him up to do some good work, or even if the force of it set the other fighter back an involuntary step as they blocked it. Only shots that actually make solid impact on a legal scoring area will be noted. A single lowercase first name of the fighter's last name for a scored jab. Double for a power shot upstairs. The letter plus a b for body shots.

Here goes...

g d d dd g d db d d g db gg d g g gb g db g gg dd d db g db db dd d

clean jabs: eight for golovkin, eight for derevyanchenko
    clean power shots (head): two for golovkin, three for derevyanchenko
    clean body shots: one for golovkin, six for derevyanchenko

total: eleven for golovkin, seventeen for derevyanchenko

Still a clear Derevyanchenko frame, IMO.

CST80 likes this.
  6. puncherschance

puncherschance Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 3, 2012
    So triple g wasn't old when he fought canelo but is old now? Hmmmmm

yeyo monster and PunchersChance. like this.
  7. gdm

gdm Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2011
    What credit?? He lost twice to past prime GGG .

JacK Rauber likes this.
  8. JacK Rauber

Oct 20, 2013
    No, GGG IS old at 37 and still fighting the elite fighters in his division. I don't, however, think Canelo took it out of him as much as GGG is getting older. How do you keep the fire burning at 37? How do you keep getting yourself up for fights? It has to be tough. AND the reflexes are slowing, you have less energy and the ability to recuperate is gone.

9. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Sure did. :deal: Good fighter, though.

JacK Rauber likes this.
  10. JacK Rauber

Oct 20, 2013
    Yes, but it is easy to understand his pain.

CST80 likes this.
  11. ElCyclon

ElCyclon Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 2, 2012

You'd have intellectually dishonest to look at GGG after the second fight and not be willing to admit that Canelo put a dent on GGG that night.

pacas likes this.
  12. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    The main event was the only fight on the card to so much as reach a sixth round, let alone go the distance.

13. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Put a dent, sure, but lost more rounds than GGG.

gdm, CST80 and JacK Rauber like this.
  14. ElCyclon

ElCyclon Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 2, 2012
    A legit win for Canelo. Your opinion means very little.

PunchersChance. likes this.
  15. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    I'm sure most would agree that if my opinion means diddly squat yours means less than half a diddly and one quarter of a squat.

Pakkuman, C.J. and NaiKoN like this.