Gennady Golovkin vs. Curtis Stevens

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by freedom2013, Aug 21, 2013.

1. BoxingX

BoxingX Active Member Full Member

Aug 17, 2013
    ^ Stevens is faster? What?

Where did his speed come into play losing a lopsided decision to the superstar Jesse Brinkley? Or his Foreman-esque power?

2. BlizzyBlizz

BlizzyBlizz VIP Member Full Member

Jun 25, 2013
    I don't believe anyone who says that GG and his camp offered this and that. I don't really even care about that. All I care about is if fights are made. When they aren't made, there are reasons, and ducking is NOT one of them.

3. Stylez G.

Stylez G. Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Quillin has said he'd fight him as long as the money is right. It's funny that you mention marinating, because that's exactly what Golovkin's handlers said when asked about a Golovkin/Ward fight. Like I said, the opportunities will be there for Golovkin. However, if he feels similar to his fans that everyone at 160 is scared to death to fight him, then perhaps he should go up to 168. He says he'll fight anyone at 168. Personally, I think that people need to relax and realize you can't make all of these fights at the snap of a finger. Golovkin's people will not put him in there with a real threat unless he's fairly compensated. The same courtesy should be afforded to some of the guys he's chasing. His star is rising. The money will be right for many of these fights to happen in the near future.

4. BoxingX

BoxingX Active Member Full Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Fighting 4 times a year and producing impressive KOs gets attention even against secondary opposition. He's built himself properly.

5. Stylez G.

Stylez G. Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 11, 2012
    And Golovkin says he's willing to fight at 168 yet his people at he will be staying at 160. Golovkin says he wants Quillin, yet his people say Golovkin will only fight on HBO, a network Quillin is not welcomed to fight on.

6. BlizzyBlizz

BlizzyBlizz VIP Member Full Member

Jun 25, 2013
    If you have ever played sports before, then you should realize how assinine you sound right now. Stop bragging about guys who you think won't fight GG. You sound like a moron right now. Iceman embarrassed your thinking.

7. lester proctor

lester proctor Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 2, 2011
    You don't have to believe Team GGG, nobody is asking you to. I'm giving you quotes from the MW top tenner and their promoters, saying no thanks, not now.

8. iceman71

iceman71 WBC SILVER Champion Full Member

Jul 28, 2008
    :rofl

9. lester proctor

Jul 2, 2011
    Quillin: "Me and @GGGboxing [Golovkin] will be a PPV headliner"

How far ahead is he looking? To get to PPV headline level, step 1 is to headline premium cable, which he's yet to do. Last we heard he offered 55k to Rosado to fight on Fox Sports 1.

I don't put GGG on the same level as p4p Ward, not to mention they're 1 division apart. I don't even see Ward being ready for that fight till next year. By that time GGG will have fought 2-3 times already.

10. iceman71

iceman71 WBC SILVER Champion Full Member

Jul 28, 2008
    stfu fanboy

11. lester proctor

Jul 2, 2011
    you ain't got much, in this thread at least. i never seen you in this sorry state, not that i've been tracking

12. NeckBreaknAiken

NeckBreaknAiken Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 30, 2008
    That fight was at 168.

Believe it or not, it makes a difference. Stevens has done remarkably better at 160. I still think he gets stopped in 8 to 10 but he's definitely better than Macklin.

13. Eastcoast

Eastcoast Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 1, 2005
    I don't think it'll be all that subdued. For the first 3-4 rounds I expect Curtis to be very active with Golovkin outboxing him. The thing about Curtis is, mentally he gets discouraged under those circumstances and begins his slide, during which time I expect Gennady to break him down to a stoppage. Maybe I'm jaded from seeing him get walked down by Jessie Brinkley, but he looked a bit lost in a scary way with Findely recently. It'll still be fun to watch him swing for the fences early on against Gennady.

14. punchbug

punchbug Active Member Full Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Curtis won't get a chance to put any power shots on Golovkin. GGG is hard to hit, and Curtis will find himself playing defense, not offense. The feet will not be in a position to throw heat.

GGG is second only to Mayweather in the ability to dish out much more than he recieves. Differen't styles, same result.

15. Son of Gaul

Son of Gaul Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 16, 2010
    This.