Gennady Golovkin will lose his 0 to Saul Alvarez in May

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by GK BOX, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Lol you crack me up Drenlou.
    I reckon either it’s me with selective memory or you cause I could of sworn you admitted Canelo fell short on here.
    Actually for what’s it’s worth I had it a draw watching it live but got swayed by the 8/4 mullarky by some well respected pundits like Paulie M ect.
    The real sh****r about that fight wasn’t the result it was the antics of Adelaide Byrd in my view and it’s totally unnecessary as Canelo is quite capable of winning without those damn judges cause there’s being subjective and there’s downright hopeless or corrupt,either way it tarnished what those two did imo.
    What do think about BJS in Canelos,Golovkins and Jacobs company?

kriszhao likes this.
  2. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Good point it was close and you could say as neither was conclusive that we got the right decision and imo this what should of happened in Ward v Kovalev 1.
    That said when the likes of Ego and Dontay have it for GGG that speaks volumes imo,thing is for me was that Golovkin didn’t really impress me much as he couldn’t find that right hand for toffee but where Golovkins haters show themselves up is that they can’t seem to admit what a damn good boxer he is cause that jab of his wins him rounds,case in point do the judges score one of Canelos stand out power shots as appose to GGGs jabs.
    I’m not clued up on this but surely on the night it came down to Canelos quality shots albeit infrequent against the relentless pressure?

3. kk17

kk17 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 23, 2007
    If Gennady wants to play it save he should try to fight in the rematch a more tactical fight from the distance with his long Jab, but that not what we want to see.

4. joeyp130

joeyp130 Active Member Full Member

Dec 15, 2013
    I think GGG will have to find a way to go to the body--as shadow mentioned, he risks being countered if he does that but isnt that the point? "Risking to be great"?

I think GGG can still get a T/KO but he will have to get to the body and get into Canelo's tank early to do that. It will slow Canelo down and give GGG chances to score more upstairs.

Having said that, Canelo did show me alot in the first fight. He showed much better footwork than he had ever shown before and he did take some shots well. His problem was his tank and I think he was a little shocked when his biggest punches failed to even stun GGG.

If canelo wins legit, I dont mind it--GGG's days as the top MW are numbered. Unless you are an alien like BHop father time catches everyone.

BCS8 likes this.
  5. kk17

kk17 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 23, 2007
    :bump Canelo has to pass the PED test first

kriszhao likes this.
  6. ellerbe

ellerbe It’s a Tank world Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    The best way is to just judge the fight for yourself. When it comes to GGG/Canelo I don't think anyone is completely 100% unbiased.

7. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    hes lost his saul, not his zero.