George Foreman vs Anthony Joshua

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Undisputed1, Mar 4, 2021.

Who wins?

1. George Foreman

59 vote(s)
    84.3%
  2. Anthony Joshua

11 vote(s)
    15.7%
  1. Undisputed1

Undisputed1 New Member banned Full Member

Mar 2, 2021
    Fight: George Foreman vs Anthony Joshua

Venue: Madison Square Garden

Who wins?

2. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    If werr talking about 1970s Foreman I think Foreman would take it but it would be a pretty hard fight. Foreman at 6'3½ 220+ pound of pure muscle was seen as a big strong man for his era but compared to Joshua thats nothing. From what i can tell Joshua is physically stronger as well and would be one of the few fighters capable of outmuscleling Foreman in the clinches.

Joshua in the Ruiz rematch lowered his workrate and didn't have as much muscle mass to drain his energy so with his height, reach and superior speed he'd outbox Foreman, but Foreman would be continuously coming foreward. Joshuas speed and power shots will catch Foreman and he will put Foreman down like 220lb Ron Lyle did. But "Big George" will get up and after than i can see those bodyshots from "Big George" catching up to Aj. Foreman likely hits quite a bit harder as well. It will turn will turn into a slugfest afterwards and with Aj winded i think Foreman would take him out, if he himself hasn't gassed already.

He beat Frazier and Norton because they were small guys who tried to FIGHT him. With Ajs superior physical dimensions and outboxing skills this would probably be Foremans hardest fight behind Holyfield and Ali.

I still wouldn't bet on "Big George" though because like i said if he gasses its over.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    LoadedGlove and Toney F*** U like this.
  3. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    George hits him up the body and has him spewing marshmallows.

MarkusFlorez99, Salty Dog and Safin like this.
  4. xnico

xnico New Member banned Full Member

Nov 6, 2020
    Big George would beat him to a pulp lol

Salty Dog and Safin like this.
  5. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Good jokes. Joshua stronger than Foreman and worrying about Foreman gassing out over Joshua of all people.

Salty Dog likes this.
  6. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    You know Joshua isn't the same after the Ruiz fight ? He had a 12 round gas tank when he switched to his outboxing during the rematch. Foreman probably does have a better gas tank but he'd try and throw tha sink at AJ for several rounds. In addition to that Joshua is a lot quicker than Foreman and whos to say he isn't stronger than Foreman ? He's a hell of a lot more muscluar and he pulled off a feat of deadlifting 460 pounds. He's bigger as well. Manhandling a 6'2, 210 pound heavyweights is different from manhandling a 250+ pound heavyweight. Heavyweights have gotten a lot bigger and that needs to be taken into consideration. Do we not remember how much trouble he had with Ron Lyle ? A heavyweight almost as big as him ?

But regardless I've stated I'd favor Foreman

JunlongXiFan likes this.
  7. Stiches Yarn

Stiches Yarn Active Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2021
    A prime George Foreman would have overpowered Joshua and stopped him.
    Anthony would try to control distance, and avoid his power....But at one point George foreman would have cut off the ring, cornered AJ, and beat him down.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    Salty Dog likes this.
  8. Salty Dog

Salty Dog My name is Buck and I'm here to... Full Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Mercilessly and inevitably. Like the coming of winter.

Stiches Yarn likes this.
  9. MannyMMA

MannyMMA Canelo fans are male swifties Full Member

Sep 11, 2011
    I don't think this goes even 5 rounds. Big George by KO

10. HolDat

HolDat Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 25, 2020
    Hard to beat a prime Foreman when he committed to his tremendous jab.

11. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Is this post supposed to offer comedic value?

460lbs deadlift is less than 210kg. Are you trying to say that is impressive? While I'm not claiming Joshua is some incredible weightlifter, he can sure as hell squeeze out more than a pathetic 210kg. Walk through any university gym and you'll find puny teenage weekend warriors repping 210kg in their gym shark wife beaters. George Foreman, on the other hand, was well known for his incredible strength. He wasn't some hypertrophic, pumped up goon.

You're shooting yourself in the foot by saying that "handling a 250+ pound heavyweight is different to handling a 210 pound heavyweight. My response to that is preserving your gas tank against someone like Foreman is another kettle of fish to dancing around the ring away from a 5'11'' (yes) 280 pound, unmotivated fat blob who couldn't get within 8 feet of him. Joshua's stamina is **** poor and a snooze fest against Andy Ruiz doesn't change that.

fistsof steel likes this.
  12. Mickea4

Mickea4 Active Member banned Full Member

Aug 22, 2018
    Probably in the minority here but I think young foreman goes all out, gases and gets stopped

Old foreman brutally destroys AJ through a combination of toughness, a wiser head on his shoulders, and brutal punching power

LoadedGlove likes this.
  13. Toney F*** U

Toney F*** U Boxing junkie Full Member

Oct 16, 2019
    Joshua’s bigger, faster, and a lot more skilled than prime foreman, whose only advantages would be chin and power. AJ wouldn’t come straight into foreman like Frazier, Norton and Lyle did. He’d be boxing, and I’d say his superior skills could get him the win here. 7/10 times AJ wins.

moneytheman12, Quina74 and Decker like this.
  14. Salty Dog

Salty Dog My name is Buck and I'm here to... Full Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Faster? More skilled? Based on what? Eye test? Ok. My eye tells me that young Foreman had a pretty good sense of space and distance and bearing to his target. He didn't follow guys around, he cut them off. AJ wouldn't have to come to Foreman. Foreman would come to him and there would be no way out and AJ has not shown that he can stand up to it round after round after round.

15. Stiches Yarn

Stiches Yarn Active Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2021
    Foreman woulda grilled him