George Foreman vs Oleksandr Usyk

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Dance84, May 5, 2021.

Who wins

1. Foreman Knockout

67.9%
  2. Foreman Decision

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Usyk Decision

28.6%
  4. Usyk Knockout

3.6%
  1. Safin

Safin Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    I sincerely apologise if I was wrong in calling you biased. It was the only conclusion I was able to elicit from such witless logic, post after post.

"from a poster who knows his boxing". :risas3:

Another legend only in his own head.

2. bandeedo

bandeedo Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    i dont know if youre stupid, never read my posts before, or just a spaz, but knowledgeable posters dont question my boxing knowledge. they may not agree, but they know it aint cause i dont know boxing. now you, on the other hand, who are you?

3. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    The 1970s Foreman stops Usyk in two or three.

As far as George in his 40s, let's wait until Usyk is in his 40s and see how he compares to the 90s version of Foreman.

I doubt a 42-year-old Usyk would be able to beat the prime Holyfield who George faced. Usyk is barely getting past unranked guys like Chisora right now, and Usyk's 40s are still quite a few years away.

4. Tabby73

Tabby73 New Member Full Member

Jan 19, 2020
    Am sorry but if over the hill Dereck Chisora bullied Usyk at stages in the fight what the hell you think any age Foreman would do to him....yes use Usyk like a tooth pick

5. IHaveAscreenName804

IHaveAscreenName804 Member banned Full Member

May 1, 2021
    Lol Usyk beat a washed up Chazz Witherspoon at heavyweight. The same Witherspoon who got owned by Chris Arreola. Usyk struggled to beat various 190 pound guys. Usyk was down on the score cards against a natural 175 pound Tony Bellews. Usyk isn't a natural heavyweight and has nothing on George Foreman.

Young Foreman would stop Uysk in a few rounds tops. Old Foreman would stop him in the mid rounds if not early.

6. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    If Chisora could land the way he did on Usyk I feel Foreman could land his shots too, but Foreman was a much bigger puncher than Chisora.

Foreman was great at manhandling smaller men and moving them into his punches. He was too slow to box them in the traditional way and so used his size and strength to push, pull, frame them into vulnerable positions. I haven't seen anything in Usyk's repetoire to suggest he has the ability to clinch and hold like Ali or also Young to stifle Foreman's strong man tactics.

Foreman likely KO's him. You can't just outbox 70's Foreman you need to be able to counter his strength advantage and manhandling style.

I pick Usyk over 90's Foreman though, he'd slowed enough then to be out boxed by worse fighters than Usyk.

7. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Who he had struggled to beat? Briedis? Yeah, he barely won this one, this is correct and fight was even more close than on scorecards.
    Briedis isn't 190 lber, dude was approx 199 lbs in weight ins.
    Okey, go further. All these : Hunter, Glowacki and Gassiev are CW boxers he did not had stopped. All they had weight ins weight more than 196.5 lbs.
    You are Usyk hater.
    Usyk did not had boxed vs Bellew for british judges cards.:p He is not so dumb as you think.
    He stopped Bellew.

Next stuff you use to claim how incapable at CW Bellew was is ridiculous lie to reduce Usyk's achievements.
    Bellew was former WBC World Cruiserweight champion:nonono and he get title vs Makabu who is current WBC champ at CW division.
    Bellew also had beat Masternak at CW.
    Bellew had won 2 fights at HW vs Haye.

Here is Bellew profile for lazy ppl easier to check, click on link and you will get it.
    This content is protected

8. TipNom

TipNom Active Member Full Member

Jun 19, 2019
    I Think Foreman would eventually manage to trap Usyk and stop him, after being made to look very poor for a majority of the fight

9. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I am very physically burn you Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Usyk on points would be my bet if this one were genuinely on the table.

Foreman is a monster, but unlike a lot of big punchers he needs to be able to control his opponent in order to break them down. He doesn't just bomb fighters out with one or two big shots like Tyson but manoeuvres them into positions where his slow clubbing blows have the most chance of landing cleanly. This works great against shorter or more static targets whom he can batter back with his jab and two handed push till he's got them pinned to the ropes, but against more mobile darting fighters he often found his lack of speed a hindrance. If he can get his jab going against Usyk he'll open up all his other tools, but if he finds himself falling short he's going to start getting timed and swinging at air. Foreman's slow feet would be a major disadvantage against Usyk's darting movement, and while his jab can match Usyk's handspeed, his power punches are considerably slower and more telegraphed, hence his need to set his offence up beforehand with jabs, parries, wrestling and so on. But Foreman was a master at cutting off the ring, and the psychological pressure he could employ with his feints, half steps etc could be a major asset to offsetting Usyk's output.

There are strong chances for either man. The reason I lean towards Usyk is how well he adapted in fights. If he can survive the first few rounds, which I think he will, then he'll be in a position to land his shots on an increasingly frustrated Foreman. I can see Foreman getting wild with his shots to the point where he abandons all semblance of form in a desperate attempt to land a fight ender on the ever-moving target of Usyk. If he does that the fight's basically over, and while the older Foreman wouldn't lose his cool, the earlier prime version (which I'm assuming we're picking here) could let his emotions get the better of him. Lots of variables though. Fight basically hinges on whether Foreman can control the ring on Usyk and keep his emotions in check if he can't pin him down with his usual ease and/or finds himself getting picked off. My opinions would also drastically change if Usyk gets blasted out by Joyce or Joshua or whoever in the near future. Right now my gut instinct lies with Usyk close UD.