George Foreman Vs Rocky Maricano

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by pacpowerpellet, Dec 16, 2010.

1. turpinr

turpinr Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 6, 2009
    i don't think rocky would like foremans jab.it would be like him stepping in front of a speeding train.ouuuccchhh

2. TheGreatA

TheGreatA Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 4, 2009
    Marciano gets wrecked with hooks and uppercuts to the chin. Too much dynamite in Foreman's fists as Archie Moore would say.

3. HENDO

HENDO Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I tend to agree with this, but I think Marciano would more than likely be stopped on cuts or his corner would throw the towel in rather than being knocked out cold.

On the other hand, the man fought through intollerable pain, and his style had less defensive holes in it in my opinion than Frazier, and I wouldn't be surprised if he at least caught Foreman.

But I agree the smart money should be on Foreman.

I think Marciano knocks out Wlad Klitschko on the other hand, which is totally unrelated, but I thought I would throw that out there.

4. shommel

shommel Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 12, 2008
    i dont think george would like marcianos big right. hell he knocked a heavy bag apart. the same as he will do to george. plus rocky was a smarter individual than george and always came up with a way to win.unlike foreman who was dumb enough to punch himself out against ali on the ropes. if ali can do it so could the rock. i believe ali and rocky sparred and ali messed with rockys hair piece and rocky asked him not to do that and ali continued and rocky played a tune on alis rib cage. at a dinner that night he asked someone to ask ali how his ribs felt and ali said "that old man is crazy my ribs are killing me and he can really hit" that was a past it marciano, what do ya think hed of done to george?. nuff said.

5. Foreman Hook

Foreman Hook ☆☆☆ G$ora ☆☆☆ Full Member

Jul 30, 2010
    ****ing Style-MISMATCH.

George RAPES him with UPPERCUTS in Round 1.

No small-slugger/swarmer can win VS Foreman - It is ****ing SUICIDE, cos he KILLS them with UPPERCUTS And pushes their tiny stumpy body's back to land more until they die!

By DESTROYING Prime Frazier in Round 2 - Foreman got proof no swarmer is lasting longer then 2 Roundz with him - Marciano, Tyson, Dempsey, Tua would all be MURDERED And SODOMISED. :deal

Foreman Hooooooooooooooooooooooook!:smoke:hat:smoke

6. KOTF

KOTF Bingooo Full Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Foreman TKO 3; if it ever got past six rounds then it's Rock's fight to lose

7. DannyL12345

DannyL12345 Active Member Full Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Foreman wins by KO inside of seven.

8. MRBILL

MRBILL Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 9, 2008
    ****!! Foreman is too big, strong and powerful for Marciano...... Foreman KO 5 Marciano....
    :deal:bbb:hi:

MR.BILL:hat

9. DaveTheWave

DaveTheWave Man Extraordinaire Full Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Bro, this is your dream thread!

Almost unanimous agreement from the other posters, and you won't be slapped with the label of "Foreman nuthugger"...

I agree as well, Marciano will look and feel as if he'd been hit by a train...

However long (it won't be long) it is, it doesn't end well for Rocky.

I do think Marciano may have more success getting inside than Frazier, as Rocky moved more and wasn't so rhythmic in his head movement, but the result is similar: Destruction.

10. brando18b4h

brando18b4h Active Member Full Member

Sep 1, 2008
    The style match up is talored made for Big George I believe it would go down the same way That Forman demolishid Frazier and I think he could it as the young version or the older version as well. In am a huge Maciano fan I just thiink it would be a nightmare due to size and stlyes. I also would put money on big George doing the same against Mike Tyson. Forman has trouble with guys like Ali, Jimmy Young and I think Holmes would have his number as well.

11. Rock0052

Rock0052 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2006
    The uppercut's the difference here...if it weren't for that, Marciano did have enough evasive movement to get inside and avoid enough of Big George's shots to grind him down late. But that uppercut...I think that does a number on Rocky and Foreman takes him out in the 7th round or so. If Marciano somehow nullifies that punch, there's actually a decent chance he could pull off the (in my mind) upset.

12. turpinr

turpinr Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 6, 2009
    foreman would have a lot of trouble missing marciano

13. janitor

janitor VIP Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Foreman might be the worst possible matchup for Marciano from any era.

I have always thought that with Marciano, the more rounds you needed to take him out, the more the odds would shift against you. Foremans MO might just be the best way of dealing with him.

14. laxpdx

laxpdx Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Physical differences aside, Marciano would have a world of difficulty getting to Foreman. Given how Rocky could damage an opponent, I can't completely count him out of any bout. But, Big George didn't only have jackhammers. He also had unique defensive style called shoving. That would play a considerable part in stymying the forward coming Rocky. Marciano could shrug that off from a lesser opponent, but not this freakishly big and strong one.

15. mister

mister Active Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2010
    marciano would get pummeled look at the size difference foreman is a lot bigger has better stamina and has more punching power marciano would not last 1 round:think