George Foreman Vs Rocky Maricano

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by pacpowerpellet, Dec 16, 2010.

1. to give chance to rocky marciano against george foreman is the extreme fanaticism. so you are the only ridiculous here. joe frazier was bigger,faster, he had better defense and probably he was stronger than marciano. and yes you are right, maybe i am wrong, foreman might stop rocky in the first round, not in 2. the version of george who fought holyfield would tko prime marciano before of 5 rounds as well.

2. yes, george foreman, and i would not be surprised if he do it in 1 round. you are a madman if you think that a little cruiser short puncher would go more than 2 rounds against george foreman

3. choklab

choklab cocoon of horror Full Member

Dec 31, 2009

:good I dont know who started it but marciano is not joe frazier.

Frazier before TFOTC was a great fighter but his greatness and punch resistance was greatly REDUCED after that fight. George hurt this weakened version of frazier early and it still took him many knockdowns to chop him down entirely.

It is my beleif that the first shot that hurt frazier would not have hurt him so much in his prime, he may have even seen the round out without going down. frazier pre FOTC would have fired back and made an impresion on george, so would marciano and any other ATG on top of his game.

All the effort george put into hurting a shot frazier would have cost him dearly against marciano or any other great fighter on the top of his game if he wasnt making that kind of impresion. ali exposed this when he beat foreman and he wasnt even near the guy he was in the 1960's by a long chalk.

4. RockysSplitNose

RockysSplitNose Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 15, 2007
    FRazier was faster :lol:?? Frazier had better defense?????? :huh:huh Are we talking about the same Frazier here:huh?? You've gotta be kidding me?? Frazier was a catcher probably due in part to (admittedly beyond his control) his awful vision/blindness in one eye/whatever his vision problem was - a lot of the time he didn't seem to see shots coming - and his familiar reaction, that beating his gloves together almost in frustration at himself, and then getting his head down and walking face first intothe eye of the storm was crazy - I agree if Marciano did that then yes he would get blasted out - anyone would - but he never ever fought that way - but Frazier did all the time - you can go watch any of Marciano's fights and you tell me how many times you see ANY OPPONENT land more than 2 really big punches absolutely flush on Rocky at any stage of any fight - you won't find it I guarantee you because it never happened EVER. Why should suddenly George, who was about as imprecise as it gets, be able to just endlessly pummel Rocky at will ??? He shouldn't have taken as long as he did in nailing Frazier!!

5. choklab

Dec 31, 2009
    a little cruiser? even if he was a crusier marcaino would be the best crusier ever. if you put the best lightweight against the best welter it would not be an easy fight. foreman was not the best heavyweight. peak george was talented but flawed. His legacy was great, mostly for being able to become a great veteran but not an actual great during his time. marciano was a real all time great during his time. marcaino's over all legacy is great, it stands up.

6. what? what did you say? for a second i did think that you was insinuating that marciano was faster than joe frazier.if you wanted to say it, you are not ignorant, you are the next term

7. the boxing is on styles, foreman was not the most skilled fighter but he was completely wrong for marciano, was norton even top 10 hw? not... and he gave the hell to ali and larry holmes. like janitor said, foreman would be the worst match for rocky .no fighter of any era would give to rocky the beating that foreman would give him. and rocky was not the best cruiser, the best joe louis weighed 198 pounds, evander holyfield was better than marciano too. jack dempsey might be too.

8. choklab

Dec 31, 2009

foreman fought like a god damn ape. whirling big heavy shots all over the place with his chin in the air. it worked on frazier beacuse joe had nothing left and was fighting the first puncher since the shelling he took beating ALI. it worked on norton because george hit him first.

who else did george beat (in the two era's he fought in) of note? where are victims of the calibre of old joe louis, walcott, charles and moore? he did not fight liston, paterson, bonavena, quarry or even shavers did he? second time around he did not fight holmes, lenox, ruddock or bruno did he? Ask not who he beat but who he SHOULD have beat before deciding who he might beat in another era.

Marciano exhausted the only era he fought in.

Now, foremans legacy is great beause his second career redeemed him somewhat. he was never actualy considered great in his own time. there was always beter fighters.

9. what? what bunch of **** are you talking? kid... are you not ashamed?

old louis? the version of 29 years old undefeated joe frazier 1973 was x 24 times better than the louis who faced marciano, prime norton and ron lyle were better than past prime charles,moore and walcott.
    foreman did his pro debut in the late 60s ,liston in the late 60s?(who was destroyed by leotis martin) patterson ?¿?¿:admin patterson early 60s was destroyed by a past prime liston... maybe patterson 70s might go 45 seconds with a prime foreman? bonavena?¿ quarry? shavers?¿? .
    old holmes was a complete joke, bruno? ruddock? lewis? hahahahahaahhaa,OLD foreman faced prime holyfield(WHO DID BEAT OLD HOLMES),OLD FOREMAN FACED MORRISON (WHO DESTROYED RUDDOCK) , HOLYFIELD WAS the best hw in the late 80s and early 90s HANDS DOWN. AT THIS TIME HOLYFIELD WOULD **** ON THE FACE OF BRUNO,RUDDOCK, OR LEWIS. OLD FOREMAN WAS WISHING TO FACE TYSON WHO WAS BETTER THAN ALL THESE GUYS.
    AND FOREMAN IS CONSIDERED TOP 5/ TOP 6 HW FOR SURE. HE FOUGHT IN THE GOLDEN ERA AND STILL HE IS CONSIDERED GREAT, IN HIS PRIME HE KILLED JOE FRAZIER AND KEN NORTON, 2 MEN WHO DID BEAT MUHAMMAD ALI. MARCIANO FOUGHT IN ONE OF THE WEAKEST ERAS IN THE HW HISTORY AGAINST OLD MEN, BUMS AND SMALL MEN AND STILL HE WAS NOT VERY DOMINANT. ROCKY IS UNDEFEATED AND STILL HE IS NOT CONSIDERED NEVER!!! THE GREATEST. BECAUSE HE FOUGHT IN A WEAK ERA, SIMPLE. HE IS CONSIDERED GENERALLY THE NUMBER 5. AND IT IS JUST FOR HIS RECORD BECAUSE I KNOW SEVERAL MEN WHO WOULD BEAT MARCIANO. IF FOREMAN HAD FOUGHT IN THE ERA OF ROCKY PROBABLY GEORGE WOULD BE CONSIDERED THE GREATEST NEXT TO ALI. MARCIANO IN THE 60S AND 70S PROBABLY WOULD LOSE AGAINST ALI, FRAZIER,LISTON AND OF COURSE FOREMAN. MEN LIKE LYLE, SHAVERS,QUARRY,CHUVALO,ELLIS... WOULD GIVE HIM THE HELL.
    please go to learn boxing urgently and stop to talk **** for your mouth

10. Bummy Davis

Bummy Davis Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 26, 2004

:good

11. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    I agree with this.
    The good fighters Foreman fought in the 1970s were Frazier, Norton, Ali, Lyle and Young.
    He destroyed Frazier and Norton.
    BUT .... Ali knocked him out. Lyle had him down twice and almost out. Even Jimmy Young had him down, and beat him.
    Foreman won 3/5 fights against top fighters. That's not an amazing record.

12. Dempsey1238

Dempsey1238 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 10, 2005

Calm down on the caps, its kinda of hard to read all that lol.

13. choklab

Dec 31, 2009
    nah, not one bit.

hmm, ive taken it on board thanks, now im off to study...

14. choklab

Dec 31, 2009
    exactly my point. there is a good case for a lyle rematch being another 50-50 fight. lyle was a good contender but you would not consider him 50-50 with many ATG's. there was always good fighters around in most era's. i would have liked to see young foreman take on older champions who were active like patterson and liston before the frazier fight it would have helped his legacy. in his second career there were harder fights for him he did not take also.

15. groove

groove Well-Known Member Full Member

May 16, 2006
    ask all the experts and they'll all tell ya foreman would murder marciano. his style is all wrong for foreman. only marciano fanatics think otherwise. now they're bringing up lyle who fought a ring rusty not confident foreman and who still had a 10 inch punching reach advantage over marciano.

p.s. manila fighting conditions were much worse than fotc. frazier took more big shots from ali in manila and kept on coming.