George Foreman vs Vitali Klitschko

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by sas6789, Jun 17, 2014.

1. sas6789

sas6789 Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2011
  2. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone banned Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    vitali outboxes him. disciplined, hard to hit, solid chin, decent punch, basically as strong as foreman
    his straight orthodox punches beat foremans wilder wider punches.

3. Xplosive

Xplosive Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Foreman ****s him up.

Quitali is the most overrated heavyweight in the history. He fought ONE, count it ONE legit fighter in his career, a washed up Lewis, and he LOST.

He doesn't have the toughness or defensive ability of Ali to survive the onslaught of a young Foreman.

Foreman would beat the **** outta him and force the ref to jump in.

Claw4075 and Ronnie Raygun like this.
  4. I Know Everythi

I Know Everythi Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Vitali could not handle the inside game of a 38 year old past prime washed up Lennox Lewis, and Vitali was young and in his prime. He got stopped in 6 rounds

Foreman in his prime was a master at cutting off the ring, faster than he seems (Ali said so), and a great inside fighter. and he hit harder than Lennox. His jab was underrated too. Vitali has no chance whatsoever, and as good as his chin is, if he needs to clinch like Jack Johnson to make it only 6 rds vs 38 yr old shot Lewis, Foreman will slaughter him

Claw4075 and Ronnie Raygun like this.
  5. lepinthehood

Aug 27, 2011
    lewis is just better than foreman. simples

6. Xplosive

Xplosive Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 23, 2008
    The 38 Lewis is NOT better than a prime Foreman. Don't be ridiculous.

Vitali is one of the most overrated fighter's in boxing history.

7. lepinthehood

Aug 27, 2011
    lewis is like an inch smaller than vitali with a much bigger reach than foreman and vitali, is also more skillful quicker and crisper puncher is lewis even old lewis, just better fighter. if vitali knows he can beat the man too the punch he would usually be confident enough to do the job. foreman is easier to outbox than most ATG's and vitali is as tough as they come.

8. fists of fury

fists of fury Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Interesting fight.

Vitali has that awkward effectiveness to make life very difficult for George, I think.
    Criticisms of Vitali's overall quality of opponents are justified, but on the other hand his sheer size, toughness, grit and boxing ability are not easy to deal with.

I think this goes the distance to be honest, unless the pace is very quick and someone gasses later on. I'm not sure who wins, but it would make for a very good fight.

9. janitor

janitor VIP Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2006
    I would say that it is an impossible comparison to make.

10. Sangria

Sangria You bleed like Mylee Full Member

Nov 13, 2010
    At tying opponents up and holding on for dear life, yes, yes he is.

11. rex11y

rex11y Active Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Vitali is vastly overrated building his reputation on a gallant loss to Lewis. Vladimir has achieved far more and is by far the better boxer but even he falls short when compared to the greats of the division. Foreman was a force of nature in his prime and only a master boxer like Ali was able to withstand and negate his power. I'm afraid that Vitali would be dismantled in a couple of rounds. If an old Lewis was able to land some of his bombs then prime Foreman would also and it would be goodnight.

Ronnie Raygun likes this.
  12. grumpy old man

grumpy old man Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Foreman would demonstrate to Vitali the difference in level between a champion in a highly competitive era and the one he fought in. Foreman's power naturally the key here and if he doesn't open Vitali up, he lays him down for the count.

13. SILVER SKULL 66

SILVER SKULL 66 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 6, 2013
    73-Foreman against 2003 Klitchko would be a helluva fight, id go with the smaller Foreman in an upset in a very close fight, jeez tough ass fight to call, George would be giving up about 4 inch in height, and 30 lbs in weight, but i would pick him to stop Vitali on cuts in the 13th round..
    1993 Foreman against 2003 Klitchko, id go with Klitchko in a decision, George is just to slow and old, but too damn tough to get knocked out, he probably has Klitchko running the last 3 rounds just to save the win...

14. mattdonnellon

mattdonnellon Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 2, 2006
    That makes sense, but funny I think young Foreman is overrated, unless 1994 Ali, Young and Lyle are better than I think. Vitali by fairly wide decision. Styles?

15. Fnatic

Fnatic Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 22, 2012
    Vitali, eaisly.

Imagine what he'd do to that soft chinned, feather fisted roper doper too.