George Foreman vs Wladimir Klitschko

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by WillieWild, Mar 19, 2020.

1. MorvidusStyle

MorvidusStyle Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2017
    Laughable Murican fetish posts. Foreman got genuinely KO'd by a light puncher of an old era. Wlad has only been TKO'd and by far bigger punchers than Ali and Foreman is more likely to get the KO? Wlad hits harder than anybody Foreman ever faced and is significantly bigger. You morons who think Foreman is big because they called him 'Big George' back when he's fighting effectively LHWs... Wlad would dwarf him. Wlad is longer, faster, more powerful and more skilled. He absolutely destroys Foreman. Go watch your ridiculous hero in his prime again and compare the skill level to a Klitschko, it's not even close. Foreman is so slow and wide open he gets KO'd COLD by any hand Wlad wants.

2. Tramell

Tramell Hypocrites Love to Pray & Be Seen. Mathew 6:5 Full Member

Sep 21, 2012
    I was going to say Wlad on points, but you got me on the fence 50/50 depending on which Foreman & which Wlad show up.

Richard M Murrieta likes this.
  3. JacK Rauber

JacK Rauber Try not to offend, try harder not to be offended Full Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Prime/prime I would go with George. He would get punished while finding his way in but eventually he would find an opening. George was a master. He threw punches precisely in ways most other fighters never contemplate. But, you know the reality is, George wasn't even in the game in his prime. He took a long sabbatical. What a shame. He could have been even greater.

4. fistsof steel

fistsof steel Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 13, 2010
    People saying Wlad would KO Foreman.....Give me a Break Foreman had a Granite Chin TKOd once in over 70 Fights......Foreman by TKO He was a Monster in His Prime.!!!

young griffo and WillieWild like this.
  5. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Wladimir Klitschko was also longer, faster, more powerful and more skilled than Corrie Sanders, Lamont Brewster and Ross Purrity.

What gives?

young griffo, WillieWild and MrFoFody like this.
  6. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    George.

7. SuzieQ1949

SuzieQ1949 New Member Full Member

May 20, 2018
    Wow, say what you want about Klitschko's opposition and some of his bad fight habits during his reign...but wtf some of think "prime foreman" is sparking wlad out cold in 4 rounds or less?

The golden era really gets ruined for me because of this hypothetical bullcrap

One by one all your typical offenders from the classic section wander in these threads, wearing a press pass in their fedora and lugging around a bag full of flash photography bulbs while adding their 2 cents..."foreman not only outclasses the unskilled wlad but ko's him quicker than 90% of the journeymen he faced...after that George is jabbed to death by Liston, who in turn gets worked over by Joe Louis...but not before harry greb puts weights in his pockets and climbs up multiple weight classes to lay an ass whooping on "prime" louis(something Rocky didn't do)

This all culminates with Jack Johnson beating each of them consecutively in 500 round matches in 100 degree heat whilst wearing riding gloves and having Wintergreen inadvertently rubbed in his eyes in round 480

His title for fighter of the century is given to him by a time trawled Ali...who in a surprising twist, dances around the ring proclaiming himself to be the real champ and demanding a fight then and there....Ali then proceeds to lay on the ropes for 12,285 rounds or approximately the same time newspaper decisions came into existence, where he claims victory...soon after though, he vacates the title while heading for Canada when he is called to duty during the Spanish American war

...man sultan ibragimov would piece up big George to a decision:cool:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  8. SuzieQ1949

SuzieQ1949 New Member Full Member

May 20, 2018

Well I do have all three of them beating foreman as well

In all seriousness though...by that logic...Lennox was ko'd twice against Ollie and Rahman, yet foreman said he would never have wanted to fight him...what gives there

9. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Brewster and Sanders were fast and heavy handed. Purrity was iron chinned.

10. gdm

gdm Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Wlad would outbox george like jimmy yound did , or would KO him.

11. Boxing2019

Boxing2019 If you want peace, prepare war. Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Prime and Prime Middle Wlad had defensive troubles he was dropped by Sanders, Brewster and Peter. Prime Foreman and Old Foreman would win for KO imo. Middle and Last Wlad much better...Wlad could outboxe and beat Prime Foreman for KO and Old George for decision because Old Georges chin was steel made.

12. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    I believe Wlad would have UD's Old Big George. Speed wasn't on George's side.

kriszhao likes this.
  13. lordlosh

lordlosh Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Depends. 40 years old Wlad without Manny from Jennings, Fury and Joshua fight or prime Wlad with Manny and all of his physical attribute to the max ?
    And what version of Foreman? D:

14. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot etreuM aL Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    I think wlad can take him out or points wlad is mobile enough

15. Eggman

Eggman "The cream of the crop! Nobody does it better! Full Member

Dec 2, 2015
    I feel wlad has this. Foreman’s mummy come forward clubbing style would be something wlad could deal with.
    Of course Sam Peter, someone who was a level below foreman gave wlad trouble but I feel wlad would be able to plant his feet, get his jab off and detonate the right.

I would go with a wlad win 7/10 over young George

9/10 over old George

kriszhao likes this.