George Kambosos, Jr. vs. Devin Miles Haney

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Dec 4, 2021.

Ferocious Emperor or The Dream?

Poll closed Jun 5, 2022.
  1. Kambosos on points

25.4%
  2. Kambosos by stoppage

26.9%
  3. Draw

0.8%
  4. Haney on points

43.8%
  5. Haney by stoppage

3.1%
  1. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Since I haven't shared my take yet, 6 months after the birth of this thread, I figured I'd get it in 2 weeks out. Better late than never.:sisi1

Haney has virtually no advantages going into this match. Speed wise they're about the same. Jab wise, George's is far more awkward, and fast, and since he keeps his left hand down most of the time, you never know when it's coming, also he occasionally changes trajectory in midair and turns it into a snappy left hook. Haney keeps his right hand too low most of the time, and every time he throws a right, he's going to get clipped with it, just like Teofimo did. In terms of footwork, George's might be a little better, he's definitely the more versatile of the two. His control of range was excellent against Teo, and let's be honest, Haney won't be as aggressive. Decrepit Linares, managed to land 119 shots on Haney, and his speed has diminished greatly, yet the shots he landed on him, was from every angle. Left hooks, right hooks, straight rights, jabs, uppercuts, body shots, uppercuts to the body. This Kambosos is better at everything than Linares, he'll land and land aplenty. George keeps his chin tucked, and his timing is immaculate, like a magnet he'll follow every missed right from Haney, right back in through the front door, and nail him with counter rights all night. Haney if he gets over eager and desperate will be walking into check left hooks and overhand rights incessantly. The Ferocious One stops him in 9.

2. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    :ibutt

CST80 likes this.
  3. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Yep I think Kambosos is going to mop the floor with the overrated Haney. Kambosos is underrated because of getting SD's in fights that should've been UD's also because his KO % is low but he hits hard he scores knock downs and hurts opponents. I think he may score a couple knock downs against Haney before stopping him. The other thing I think others are missing is that Kambosos is 28 he is in his prime for a lightweight he has been getting better with every fight. Haney's best wins are against older faded fighters I think he will be in for a rude awakening against Ferocious.

CST80 likes this.
  4. heerko koois

heerko koois Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
  5. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011
    Not only that, he hits a lot harder than people give him credit for.

drenlou likes this.
  6. boxingspitbucket24

boxingspitbucket24 Active Member banned Full Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Excellent. I'm looking forward to this fight and true to betting form I'll be pushing my chips towards GK for the win.

You correctly picked some smaller fights (upsets too) since the Canelo fight that I foolishly didn't bet on. So this will be my first big fight bet using you as my official tipster!

Salute!

Nobody and CST80 like this.
  7. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Though I now think Haney may have to stop him to get the win. Aussie Government have conspired to prevent the father of Haney and trainer from going to Australia.

8. MagicE

MagicE Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 16, 2017
    Haney got the skills but not enough power and signs he's packing glass.

A dogged, determined Kambosos fighting in front of his own fans will drag him into deep waters and possibly stop him late.

First proper world title fight, overseas, no father in his corner, fighting someone with real dog in him, it's all wrong for Haney.

9. TheVet

TheVet Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2021

Lol another L waiting for you. Dont do this to yourself

Just like you predicted Valdez will destroy Stevenson.
    You also predicted Castano wins all 12 rounds against Charlo

Mark my words Haney will school the limited Kambosos.

Last edited: May 24, 2022
  10. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Focus on the bad prediction as always. While ignoring my spot on predictions of Bivol dominating Canelo, Metcalf beating up Lejarraga, Baluta dominating Foster, Pascal outworking Meng, Bakole beating up Yoka, Terzievski dominating Gallen, Ortiz beating down Herring, Fundora KOing Lubin, Magsayo outworking Russell, Kovalev schooling Pulev, Wood KOing Conlan, Martinez beating Ancajas' ass and Garcia battering Colbert.... most likely, at your own peril. Lulz, lulz and more gay ass lulz.

11. sid

sid Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Kambosos for me v Haney but it's a good fight, UD Kambosos or late TKO.

12. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Id say its more to do with Weed

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  13. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    You doubt any back room shenanigans to give their boy the edge?

14. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Wouldn’t be shocked but Oz is notoriously strick on these things

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  15. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Maybe you are correct then. Someone did not do their due diligence before agreeing to the fight in Australia.

Wizbit1013 likes this.