George Kambosos, Jr. vs. Rey Padilla Pérez

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Jan 14, 2019.

Ferocious or the Sindangan Technician?

Poll closed Jan 19, 2019.
  1. Kambosos on points

66.7%
  2. Kambosos by stoppage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Draw

33.3%
  4. Pérez on points

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Pérez by stoppage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Pacquiao vs. Broner undercard, 8 rounds @ lightweight. GKJ is an excellent young prospect with an entertaining all-action style, quite possibly the p4p best young (under thirty) Aussie. RPP meanwhile is a top notch exemplar of the Filipino journeyman caste, who are the gold standard for boxing journeymen worldwide.

Kambosos has a 2½" height advantage, but is giving up an inch of reach to Pérez. Kambosos, a body snatcher extraordinaire, is ranked #11 in the world by the IBF and #9 by the WBO. Pérez, a very sharp and savvy counter-puncher, is currently unranked by any major org but could be just this one more upset away from changing that...

Don't be shocked if this ends up being FOTN. Could very well steal the show despite likely not making it onto the PPV broadcast.

red_roo and MidniteProwler like this.
  2. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Kambosos is the best Aussie prospect in a long time. I didn't know much about his opponent but sounds like a good test. I think he was originally going to be fighting someone else but the opponent is now Perez?

red_roo and IntentionalButt like this.
  3. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Whoever it was this is probably an upgrade. Rey is a live dog against pretty much anyone.

red_roo likes this.
  4. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    Good to see him getting tested he has a couple decent domestic wins over Ogilve and Balla which was on one of the Joe Parker under cards. Kambosos has great stamina and a high punch output he has a bit of pop in his right uppercut which is probably his best punch and has pretty good hand speed. His chin hasn't really been tested though. I haven't seen Rey before but he sounds tough. I am picking Kambosos by decision.

5. BoyBato

BoyBato Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2018
    I got kambosos but rey is a live dog with his recent win over chimpa gonzalez but i also wouldn't be surprised if he's stopped.

6. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
  7. zoley

zoley Active Member Full Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Nice to see Kambosis testing the waters by finally fighting someone in the top 100 rankings. It is a toss up between
    Kambosis and Tim Tszyu as to has the most padded record.
    Tim seems to have a preference for fighters ranked above 300 while George prefers above 200.
    For anyone interested in having a punt on Perez, he is currently paying $12 for each dollar invested.
    George is paying $ 1.02 for every dollar invested. I think the bookies have it about right.

red_roo likes this.
  8. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    Agreed that Tim Tszyu's record is pathetic but Kambosos has at least beat the other best lightweights in Australia in Ogilve & Balla

red_roo likes this.
  9. zoley

zoley Active Member Full Member

Jul 17, 2011
    As predicted by the bookies, Kambosis in a shutout.

red_roo likes this.
  10. Mountain Lion

Mountain Lion member Full Member

Jan 19, 2019
    Heard good things about Kambosos, how good is he?

red_roo likes this.
  11. Boxing Prospect

Boxing Prospect Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 10, 2012
    Rate him higher than the Moloney brothers?

red_roo likes this.
  12. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    Yeah
    The Maloney who fought in the WBSS looked pretty good the other one hasn't fought anybody of note.

red_roo likes this.
  13. pistal47

pistal47 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2007
    Kambosos is an awesome and exciting young talent. I really enjoy watching him fight.

red_roo likes this.
  14. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    Would love to see Kambosos v Ryan Garcia

red_roo likes this.
  15. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Me too, actually.

red_roo likes this.