Ger-Von-Tay thought he had it bad....

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Jacques81, Jul 16, 2022.

GARCIA or Ger-Von-Tay?

1. Garcia

21 vote(s)
    56.8%
  2. Ger-Von-Tay

16 vote(s)
    43.2%
  1. Jacques81

Jacques81 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 13, 2016
    He's 5'2!!

He won't compete at 140 and we all know it.

I have Current Hatton beating him smh

Jackman65 likes this.
  2. sasto

sasto Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 5, 2020
    My read of Tank vs Rolly is that Tank was letting some of his bad mental habits run wild because he knew it was a mismatch. He dropped rounds because he knew how it was going to end. Not to say Rolly didn't have a moment or two, but who was seriously thinking "Rolly might win this thing!"?

I favor Garcia to beat Rolly, for sure, and I like that as a developmental next step for him.

With his flat footedness (and not ever having his lead foot outside vs Fortuna who wasn't exactly fleet of foot himself) the engagements will be only the ones Tank wants and Tank is a notorious trap setter. I could see it going a lot like Tank vs LSC, back and forth for a few round then Tank lands the big shot.

3. Jacques81

Oct 13, 2016
    See?

That's what I'm talking about.
    Good analogy.

Ger-Von-Tay is gone

Jackman65 likes this.
  4. box33

box33 Active Member Full Member

Jul 25, 2021
    Yeah i agree in most, Ryan need's to work on his head movement & he really was flat footed tonight,

he also he should take this time by fighting more frequently while stepping up his Competition as he needs the rounds & fighting different styles going forward will really help him in his eventual Tank fight,

i feel Ryan needs more continued development kind of like the luxury Tank has been afforded fighting all those lower threat level fight's,

those kind of fights really do help most fighter's develop, It's why so many Promoter's throughout the last decade have used that formula for their fighters while promising to deliver the big fight only for the Casual's ears.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
  5. box33

box33 Active Member Full Member

Jul 25, 2021
    Tank definitely had the nerves with Rolly, he probably assumed it would have gone easier with him but after going through a couple of rounds realised it might take that much longer to end him,

even in his corner he was telling his family/friends don't be quiet or nervous as it made him feel that same way & for them to liven him up or something to that effect as i cannot recall.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
    Jackman65 likes this.
  6. ZablieJudahnoff

ZablieJudahnoff Charleston White 2024 Full Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Tank will absolutely FLATTEN that Amir Khan- Imposter))

7. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    Weird how Haney is the undisputed champ in the division and yet everyone is focused on Davis and Garcia.

Pimp C and MarkusFlorez99 like this.
  8. The G-Man

The G-Man Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2020
    Knockouts sell as Emanuel Steward said.

9. Lesion of Doom

Lesion of Doom Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Would be a fascinating fight. Both of them are athletic and can punch, and both have defensive issues. I think is more seasoned than Garcia and also seems to have better awareness of his own deficiencies (e.g, realizing he'd be taking too much risk going for an early stoppage of Romero) whereas Garcia is perhaps a bit inflated.

Garcia needs a true step-up fight. I was not impressed by Fortuna last night. Obviously not Garcia's fault, but Fortuna appeared to have mailed it in during training.

Manfred and dcb154 like this.
  10. FrankinDallas

FrankinDallas Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Jeez he only won all the titles a couple weeks ago. Let it all marininate a bit.

11. Reppin501

Reppin501 The People's Champ Full Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Garcia gets the Amir Khan treatment from Tank…he’ll look great until he doesn’t.

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  12. Jacques81

Oct 13, 2016
    Because Garcia doesn't care about 135

13. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011
    Rolly has every bit of the punching power that Garcia has and he wasn't outboxing Tank.

14. Jacques81

Oct 13, 2016
    Rolly has Garcia power. Ok. I have heard it all now

box33, Jackman65 and hoopsman like this.
  15. hoopsman

hoopsman Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2005
    Rolly can bang a bit to be sure, but he certainly doesn't have Garcia's explosive power.

That said, I am not convinced Garcia beats Tank. While the usual suspects grossly overrate Tank (he's not P4P at this stage), I would not count him out against a relatively flat-footed, albeit offensively gifted opponent like Garcia.

Tank has the power to change the trajectory of a fight at any moment, and it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility that he could clip Garcia during an exchange. The Baltimore native has also shown something of a knack for landing an equalizer when he needs it.

box33 and Jacques81 like this.